Oxycontin question
    mayacorrine is offline New Member

Default Oxycontin question

Hello. My mother in law attempted suicide two months ago with a handful of OxyContin. At the time of the attempt, she was still conscious and she was making these sort of tongue thrusting mouth movements that seem involuntary. She is now out of the hospital and staying with us for a while. She left the other day to go to her place for a few things and when she came back, the mouth movements were back, tongue sort of sticks out, almost down to tip of chin and then back in, like a lizard almost. My question: Are uncontrolled mouth movements a sign of OxyContin? I don't want to say anything, but it sure seems odd as she was lethargic for 2 days then comes back and has energy, and was up all that night. I appreciate any advice on what to look for or be aware of. Thanks.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mayacorrine View Post
    Hello. My mother in law attempted suicide two months ago with a handful of OxyContin. At the time of the attempt, she was still conscious and she was making these sort of tongue thrusting mouth movements that seem involuntary. She is now out of the hospital and staying with us for a while. She left the other day to go to her place for a few things and when she came back, the mouth movements were back, tongue sort of sticks out, almost down to tip of chin and then back in, like a lizard almost. My question: Are uncontrolled mouth movements a sign of OxyContin? I don't want to say anything, but it sure seems odd as she was lethargic for 2 days then comes back and has energy, and was up all that night. I appreciate any advice on what to look for or be aware of. Thanks.
    I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law, I hope she gets the help she needs!

I'm not sure about the tongue/mouth movement, that certainly could be something she does while under the influence?

The energy and staying up all night is definitely a tell-tale sign of oxy use!

You could always get a home drug test from the drugstore? Opiates will show up on a urine test for up to 3 days since last use! Good luck with everything... God bless us all!