• 2 Post By icandoit2015
  • 2 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By icandoit2015
  • 1 Post By icandoit2015
  • 1 Post By Ilovemtndogs7
  • 1 Post By icandoit2015
  • 3 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 1 Post By DizzyDoko
Please help me out with opiate withdrawal. Not doing so well please help.
    DizzyDoko is offline New Member

Default Please help me out with opiate withdrawal. Not doing so well please help.

Hi im a 26 years old and have been struggling with opiate addiction for a couple years. Normally the withdrawal symptoms are not as aggressive and after a couple days im fine but keep relapsing and repeating the process over and over. On Tuesday morning i did my last couple percocets thinking i was going to be able to get more that day. Didn't work out and by Wednesday morning i felt horrible. Couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable and was unable to eat. Thursday morning decided to take some cough syrup to help with the runny nose and other flu like symptoms. Seemed to work ok for a while so by the end of Thursday wasn't too bad just restlessness and more no sleeping. Friday i started to eat but couldn't keep anything down and had the runs on top of puking. Was a rough day and felt very exausted. Late Friday night still unable to sleep i managed to eat a banana and some veggie crackers. Restless legs kept me up and I decided to take a walk around the block. The walk did me very good and i managed to get a couple hours sleep. Woke up Saturday morning feeling a little better had a solid bowel movement and decided to go to the health food store and picked up l-tyrosine, vitamin b6 and broad spectrum mineral supplements. Had a couple pieces of toast a banana and a cerial bar. Took 4 l-tyrosine pills 1 vitamin b6 and the mineral supplement. Started to get an upset stomach but after using some lotion on my legs manged to have about an hour nap woke up feeling great for about a half hour and ever since ive been back and forth to the bathroom every 20 minutes and constant stomach and intestinal pain. Feeling very weak again and starting to lose hope. At dinner tonight i had chicken noodle soup and a couple pieces of toats. Been keeping food down fine but still have constant stomach and intestinal pain. Anyone know where I am going wrong here? Im trying my very best to get threw this but it seems to be getting worse not better. Its about 745 at night and im trying my best to relax and keep my mind occupied but im really starting to lose hope in coping with this. Please any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated.
    Depressednguilt247 likes this.

icandoit2015 is offline Member

Please don't lose hope. You can do this. I myself am on day 14 of no norco. I was using it for 12 years after 3 back surgeries. It got bad this past year and decided I had enough when my oldest daughter told me she was pregnant with my first grand child. I went cold turkey with my husbands support. Let me tell u it is not easy. Not trying to discourage u but today was the first day I did not have that awful arm and leg crawling burning pain. Some days were just a little easier than others but today I feel finally good. Still really low energy and stomach issues but I will take that any day if that God awful physical pain of withdrawal. Take a hot bath before bed which will relax your muscles to help fall asleep even if it's just for a couple hours. And staying active helps. I feel better when I'm doing something and not sitting around thinking about it. It is hard to do when u absolutely have no energy. You have quite a few days under your belt just keep pushing thru. If I can do it anybody can. I hope u have some one supporting you. Its so important. I would if gave up if it wasn't for my husband telling me how good I was doing and yes sometimes I wanted to punch him in the face lol but honestly he was my rock. Keep drinking alot of water or Gatorade to stay hydrated. When dehydrated muscles hurt worse especially thru withdral. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It took me 2 weeks to finally see it but so worth it cuz I know I will never take them again. I can't go thru that brutal torture ever again. So please hang tough. If 46 year old me who hates pain can get thru the worst pain ever any one can do it. Have faith. Dig deep and stay strong. You can beat this.

Oh my God thank you so much. Just reading your comments got me tingling all over and full of goose bumps. Its so good to hear that from someone who actually understands the struggle. My wife has struggled with addiction in the past but never opiots she doesn't understand how different types of drugs have different withdrawal effects. My drug of choice is percocet but lately they have been harder to find and ive been doing morphine and dilaudid and even fentanal so im assuming that is why is so extreme this time around. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day because its my last day off work. Going back to a very stressful and job isnt gonna be easy. But then again some good exercise and fighting the pain will probably be better than laying here depressed and uncomfortable will probably break my bad thoughts. Fresh new outlook on giving this a real try. Will keep you updated in the comming days. Thank you so much really.

You are so welcome. You got this beat. Please let me know how ur doing. I know what u mean by your spouse really nor getting it. My husband keeps saying "I know ur hurting" and I just wanted to slap him and I would tell him he couldn't possibly know unless u really go thru this hell nobody could possibly understand. But like I said I would of gave up already if not for him. Sleep is still hard to come by as u can tell. It's already after midnight and not to sleepy yet. But I cab honestly say I have no pain anywhere. Its so weird to feel good after 2 weeks of pure hell or torture whatever u want to call it. It was awful. I don't work so I guess that's a blessing cuz I probably eouks of been fired. Be strong my friend. It does get better and easier. I'm looking forward to being clean and sober for my family and myself. We all have to work hard for anything in life and sobriety is no exceptio . Its probably the hardest thing to fight for. No wait it is absolutely the hardest thing to fight for. But it can be done and we will prevail. Stay strong!!!!!!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Yeah, it gets like that sometimes. Comes and goes. My best guess is that you took too much L-tyrosine. I'd back off that. If you feel lethargic, take one with b/6 see how it goes. Also immodium will help, just don't go overboard with it, take only what you need. That will help the stomach issues and the "other", and ease the cramping. Oh, yeah: going from percs to morphine, dilauded (I was given that for migraines a few times and despite my addict brain, wouldn't go there again for a million dollars), and the fentanyl, wow.

As was mentioned stay hydrated with gatorade and water, exercise is your best friend: that walk around the block proves it. My guess is that you'll start to feel better soon, you are doing all the right things. Whatever you do, stay STRONG!!! This too shall pass.

Peace,

Iloerose
    deenpixi72 and DizzyDoko like this.

I just had a hot bath, something I honestly haven't done in years. It was fantastic. Probably the best thing i could have done. Right at this moment i kinda feel great. Layed there listening to music and thinking. I actually feel good. Hope this good feeling stays strong..

I'm so happy ur feeling good!!! Listening to music helped me also. I heard this song the other day that I literally haven't heard in like 20 years. That's showing my age. Lol. Anyway it makes me feel good and stronger. U probably never heard it cuz ur a youngster lol. But its by REO speed wagon called time for me to fly. Its a total break up song but I sing it to the demon pills and the words r so fitting. It says it all. Look it up on you tube and just listen to the words. It empowers me to be strong. It may sound stupid but when I listen to it it would take my pain away. It just made me feel better. Anyway glad ur feeling better and when ur body starts aching again take another hot bath. It truly does do wonders. Sleep is eluding me tonight. At least I slept 8 hours last night. Hopefully I'll get at least a couple hours in tonight. Keep staying strong and be positive. Tomorrow is a new day on the better sober you.
    DizzyDoko likes this.

Hey dizzydoko just wondering how u were doing? Hope all is well and u had a good day going back to work! I'm on day 16 and woke up feeling good. No pain anywhere. Yesterday was OK. I actually had my energy come back and managed to power clean my house but I did have the burning crawling sensation in my arms and neck but it was tolerable!! I think I finally am healing now. I was always so jealous of the people on here that said the worst was over in 5 days. That was not the case for me. Days 4 5 & 6 were my worst days and it took me 2 weeks to actually start feeling better but everyone is different and I was taking norco for 12 long years. I hope your doing better. U have to take it one day at a time. Oh and there's an app u can get for your phone called clean time. U punch in the day and time u quit and it tracks the days hours and minutes u been clean. It has been a huge help zns motivator for me. Take care and stay strong!
    DizzyDoko likes this.

Yesterday was a good day. I had more of an appetite than ive had in a very long time. Starting to get some energy back and have no major pains or complaints besides the restless legs. Can't seem to get any more than 4 hours of sleep, but hey right now ill take it. Back to work this afternoon kinda my biggest fear right now because its where i generally get most of the pills haha. Right now my mind is set on trying to gain weight back and staying away all together so hopefully thats how it goes. Only 2 weeks of work and im on vacation again so really thats my goal right now is to make it through these 2 weeks of work without taking any pills at all. Thanks for the moral support it has really helped me the last couple days. I will keep you posted the next couple days for sure. Thanks so much.

Ilovemtndogs7 is offline Advanced Member

Wow-Dizzy-I am impressed with you. The cocktail you had going sounds hard to kick. Only had regular opiates myself, but have heard (on here) that fentanyl is a whole other ball game. The trick for you will be avoiding at work. Have a great day and keep up the good fight. If you can just remember your misery of CT while at work that might help. My very best to you. Big Hugs. Miss Dogs.
    DizzyDoko likes this.

The fentanyl was >>>>in intense its measured in micro milligrams. Couple mgs is enough to kill a non user. It was a bit over the top only did a lil bit at a time but wow lol. Never again will i go there again though, even if I relapse in the future ill never touch that stuff again. Im just going to try n focus on eating as much as I can and avoid the people I normally see on breaks at work. Eat n listening to music on breaks will be my plan for now. Keep focused on the job and less about finding the next high. Not gonna be easy by no means but its a plan.

Hey dizzy hope work went well for you. Get thru today and tomorrow will be easier. Just stay focused and positive!! I had, dare I say it, a fantastic day. No withdrawl pain at all or any pain for that matter. I actually felt like me again after 15 LONG days. I kept waiting for the burning crawling pain but it never happened. I had tons of energy like I did when I was using. It felt wonderful. Hope all is going well for you. Please be strong. You can get thru this.!!!!! Take care!
    Sofkgtrd likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations
    When I was tapering and after my jump
    My work days were better than my days off..
    I think because I did not have time to sit around and think..
    At least you are going to be 2 weeks clean when you go on vacation..
    Then you can REALLY enjoy your time off!
    I am glad you enjoyed your bath..
    Amazing the little things can really help..
    Water
    Baths
    Laughing
    Sex
    Eating hot chiles
    Chocolate
    Exercise
    All these normal things
    That produce our endorphins
    Naturally
    The very thing we were created with
    And we are now missing
    Because of the opiates

So once we get in the habits of positive things
    The easier it becomes ..

I just wanted to stop by and say..
    Welcome to a new way of life!
    One day at a time..
    Bette

Ilovemtndogs7 is offline Advanced Member

Way to go Dizzy!! How are you today? Hugs. Miss Dogs.

First couple hours of work were great i was in a good mood i had lots of energy but it quickly went to >>>>. By the end of the night my feet n legs were in excruciating pain and it was a struggle to keep going. Once i got home i ate n had a bath but was too uncomfortable to sleep. Eventually I did get about 4 hours of sleep woke up with severe restless legs n feet. Even my arms n wrists are sore. Can't get comfortable anywhere. Im literally going crazy and don't know what to do with myself. I go from the couch to the bed thinking a change will help. But nothing is helping right now. Im slowly going crazy i think. Ughh. On the bright side i have a massive appetite and have been eating more than usual. Its about 11 am right now start work at 4 pm hopefully I can get some sort of rest before then.

Hi dizzy hope u had a better day today. I know what u mean about restless legs and arms. That was the worst and it lasted 15 days for me. It was really painful but I made it thru and so will you. Its been 2 days that I haven't had that pain and I feel so much better. Just remember it will end one day. Hopefully sooner for you cuz I know how torturous it can be. I felt like I was going crazy too. I just wanted it to end. Just be strong and know you will feel amazing soon. Take care. Stay strong!!!!

markusengel is offline New Member

Hang in there buddy! Every day from now on will get better, bit by bit. You will soon notice it each day.

I am 2 weeks into my second oxycodone cold turkey. I suffer from Chronic Cluster Headaches and although oxycodone has never helped with the pain of my attacks, it helped in managing the pain and my mood in-between attacks. I don't regret taking it for it helped me cope with something many times more severe than an opiate cold turkey, nonetheless, before I knew it I was in the viscous cycle of chasing the dragon and more importantly chasing prescriptions to manage the gradually increasing dosage and withdrawal.

Here are some things that have helped me to get to a stage where there the glass is half-full again.

- Multivitamins esp. Mg, Zinc, B12 and Potassium (latter helps with restless legs, which I find one of the most irritating symptoms).

- Lots of water, juices, isotonic. Sounds simple but is true since you are flushing the poison out of your system quicker.

- Exercising, walking and getting some kind of routine going from day 1 or 2. First time round I was trying to isolate myself and "rest" but forcing myself to get amongst people, shopping, attending meetings, having lunches with friends has helped me calm down, get my mind off things and be more relaxed and tired in the evening.

- Having a loved one near you. When you sit on the WC, >>>>ting water, feeling like standing naked on north pole and crying like a 8-year old girl the world can be bad place. Depression can be very severe during the first few days (it was with me) and having someone near you that you love and trust and that a) is there for you when you just randomly start to cry and b) who upkeeps a degree of normalcy around you, has been invaluable for me during the first few days. No point being a hero or trying to ride it out yourself. Take all the help you can get. As a matter of fact, the first few days have brought me even closer again to my partner.

- Cold and Flu med with Ibuprofen. Not tylenol but ibuprofen. Helped me very well with flu symptoms and in reducing some of the joint pain of the first few days.

- Weed. I am not advocating the use and I am on the fence myself but in hindsight taking 1-2 hits from a spliff has helped to take away some rpm from my constantly "wired" head in the first 1-2 days, after which I stopped. I was careful to just consume enough to mellow me for a few hours but also believe that it accentuated some of the depressive spells I had. Not sure I would do it again but it didn't harm me.

- Insomnia. This is and was first time round the most frustrating element of the withdrawal by far. I am still right in it now but am making baby step progress, I hope. I know that I am in it for weeks, if not months but I also know that the time will come when I will close my eyes and fall asleep naturally and waking up to having my life back.

This has helped me to some extent with insomnia.

- Short walk in the evening. Once around the block. Kicks up some endorphins and made me sleepier.

- Hot bath before trying to sleep. Did wonders for me and helped hugely with restless leg.

- Melatonin. I take a melatonin just before the hot bath and then start to feel the melatonin effect coming out of the bath and going straight to bed. 1 out of 3 days this has managed to put me to sleep without further aids for between 3-5 hours.

- Lying on the back, not the side. Dont ask. Makes a big difference with restless legs for me.

- Ambien. If Melatonin and hot bath fails I use(d) Ambien 10mg. Its not a good sleep, I feel hungover and it only lasts 3-5 hours but if all else fails I use it. I am concerned about adding another problem through overuse and only use it as a last resort.

Hang in there and good luck.

Well its Monday march 20th 2017. Been a while but im back again. Cant say its been a good couple years but heres the short form. Relapse after relapse, two long years of fighting to be clean and the drugs winning. Looks like they have won everything this time. The wife has up on me, took the kids n moved away. Funding it very hard to adjust to being alone and the only thing that seems to help for a while is a couple pills. They don't last n the supply runs out. So im back to square one after 2 more years of sruggle. Going on day 2 without any opiates. Right now all i can think is where can I find some. But trying to resist. I have a bunch of 2 mg Ativan to help with the anxiety but its not enough. I need to find something to keep my mind occupied during these really bad times. Anxiety and depression and loneliness are killing me. Comming here just to hear some suggestions. Some calm words. Something to distract myself for a while. Hopefully some people see this. Hope to see some responces. Thanks

Tuesday March 21. 67 hours since my last pill. Feeling ok. Definitely low energy dont really feel like doing anything. This site doesn't seem as active as it once was. Kinda feel like im talking to myself but thats ok. Been thinking a lot and im trying to figure out some kind of hobby or distraction from the constant boredom and loneliness. Yep definitely need to do something to occupy my time. Find myself very anxious and uncomfortable. Feel like ive done this process a million times and it never gets any easier. Keep telling myself i need to stay clean. Need to make a change in life. Motivation is key. But at the moment anxiety and depression are kinda winning. Well thats kinda my little rant for the day. Gonna keep doing these whether i get any response or not. Feels like just letting it out helps somewhat. One last thing i hate you opiates. Why you gotta make it so hard.
    Elcey likes this.

SuzSnooze is offline New Member

Hi Dizzy, I am so sorry to learn of your personal life troubles. But, with all that going on, you're able to think about stopping the pills, you deserve nothing but praise for that! How're you doing today? I have recently stopped also, through the help from a book and feeling quite alright, although suffering from PAWS somewhat.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Suz x

Elcey is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDoko View Post
    Tuesday March 21. 67 hours since my last pill. Feeling ok. Definitely low energy dont really feel like doing anything. This site doesn't seem as active as it once was. Kinda feel like im talking to myself but thats ok. Been thinking a lot and im trying to figure out some kind of hobby or distraction from the constant boredom and loneliness. Yep definitely need to do something to occupy my time. Find myself very anxious and uncomfortable. Feel like ive done this process a million times and it never gets any easier. Keep telling myself i need to stay clean. Need to make a change in life. Motivation is key. But at the moment anxiety and depression are kinda winning. Well thats kinda my little rant for the day. Gonna keep doing these whether i get any response or not. Feels like just letting it out helps somewhat. One last thing i hate you opiates. Why you gotta make it so hard.
    Hiya Dizzy, glad to read that it's 67 hours since your LAST pill. Hope that's still the case. I'm just at the end of Day 13 and before bed I often come to the forum to read some inspiration and/or "what to watch out for" threads around picking up again. Although I've relapsed over and over myself, this time I am hoping that I remain clean. Thank you for coming back and sharing. You remind me that with relapse, things never get better. I hope that at some future date, you and your wife can communicate and repair some of the damage.

In the meantime, I hope you'll remain strong (you know what it's all about), keep coming here and posting and reading. Bless you and hope you sleep tonight.
    Elcey