• 1 Post By Evanpr1765
  • 2 Post By Evanpr1765
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Evanpr1765
  • 1 Post By asp44
Preparing to go through withdrawals.
    Evanpr1765 is offline New Member

Default Preparing to go through withdrawals.

Hey there, my name is Evan and tomorrow I'm going to go cold
    Turkey from Oxycodone. Started on Tramadol, went to Norco and then finally Oxycodone.
    I've only been taking them for about 4-5 months and only ever been through withdrawals for about two days before. I am determined to get and stay clean I no longer want to be dependent on these pills, I feel if I don't stop I will end up overdosing, in sure most people can relate. I'm only young (22) live alone at home with my wife (21) and two dogs, felt like the background was important in not too used to posting on forums so I apologize if I waffle on. My plan is the Thomas recipe minus the Benzo, I do have a good supply of Marijuana which is my plan to help me. I am slightly scared but honestly, I have this weird feeling of wanting to go through withdrawals and get it over with. I want to stay as active as possible that's why I mentioned the dogs. Normally take 6-9 pills of aoxycodone 10mg daily. I'm not sure how bad it is going to be, but I want to get clean for myself, my wife and my future. I will keep this updated once I actually start everything it will be 6/7/2017. Can anyone give me a timeline of which you think it will take the worst of it to be over? Obviously there is no definitive answer but just from past experiences, I have two weeks off work for this and could take more of needed. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer and any advice is of course greatly appreciated and welcomed!

-Evan

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evanpr1765 View Post
    Hey there, my name is Evan and tomorrow I'm going to go cold
    Turkey from Oxycodone. Started on Tramadol, went to Norco and then finally Oxycodone.
    I've only been taking them for about 4-5 months and only ever been through withdrawals for about two days before. I am determined to get and stay clean I no longer want to be dependent on these pills, I feel if I don't stop I will end up overdosing, in sure most people can relate. I'm only young (22) live alone at home with my wife (21) and two dogs, felt like the background was important in not too used to posting on forums so I apologize if I waffle on. My plan is the Thomas recipe minus the Benzo, I do have a good supply of Marijuana which is my plan to help me. I am slightly scared but honestly, I have this weird feeling of wanting to go through withdrawals and get it over with. I want to stay as active as possible that's why I mentioned the dogs. Normally take 6-9 pills of aoxycodone 10mg daily. I'm not sure how bad it is going to be, but I want to get clean for myself, my wife and my future. I will keep this updated once I actually start everything it will be 6/7/2017. Can anyone give me a timeline of which you think it will take the worst of it to be over? Obviously there is no definitive answer but just from past experiences, I have two weeks off work for this and could take more of needed. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer and any advice is of course greatly appreciated and welcomed!

-Evan
    Evan - Welcome to the forum. Stay well hydrated throughout your detox, stock up on bottled water and Gatorade along with the items from the Thomas Recipe. You made a wise decision to leave the benzos out, they are extremely addictive and can become a problem very quickly!

A cold turkey detox (think of it as a bad flu) lasts about a week with the worst of the withdrawals being over by day 5 or so? After that you'll have some lingering symptoms like low energy, trouble sleeping and possibly some depression and/or anxiety. These lingering symptoms can last for a few weeks or longer but they are only temporary so keep reminding yourself that!

You have to really want this to forge through when the withdrawals get rough!

Follow the Thomas Recipe, take the recomended supplements, drink lots of water and Gatorade, exercise when you are able to and take hot baths to help with any RLS and/or muscle aches? What are your plans for the long-term, drug addiction counseling, NA, AA, etc...? Keep us updated?

YOU CAN DO THIS! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks for the swift reply, my main issue and concern is the long term low energy and depression. I am already on an anti-depression med, I also have access to muscle relaxers and Gabapentin I'm not sure if they'll help any. The limited experience I have had I get terrible muscle aches in my legs and that is the one thing that gets real bad and I have issues with. Long term I'm hoping to get to NA to make sure I stay clean, I never thought I'd ever get addicted to anything and seeing how much of a hold these drugs have over me is kind of what did it for me. Enough is enough! I'm hoping to exercise as much as I can with my wife and the dogs, a long with video games and movies to distract me.
    -Evan
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-07-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    Sharon541979 likes this.

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Thanks for the swift reply, my main issue and concern is the long term low energy and depression. I am already on an anti-depression med, I also have access to muscle relaxers and Gabapentin I'm not sure if they'll help any. The limited experience I have had I get terrible muscle aches in my legs and that is the one thing that gets real bad and I have issues with. Long term I'm hoping to get to NA to make sure I stay clean, I never thought I'd ever get addicted to anything and seeing how much of a hold these drugs have over me is kind of what did it for me. Enough is enough! I'm hoping to exercise as much as I can with my wife and the dogs, a long with video games and movies to distract me.
    -Evan
    Hey Evan, Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on deciding to get off of opiates, huge accomplishment in itself. If you are already on an antidepresant keep taking it as you could crash from those. Gabs do help and there is over the counter medication for restless legs which will likely become an issue. Like you have been told make sure you stay hydrated, hot baths are a great help, heating pads as well. Make sure you have some imodium on hand as well in case of potty issues. Keep posting as you go through your detox as there is a network of us here to help with any issues that arise.
    You are not alone
    You got this
    One day at a time

Laurie
    Leah987 likes this.

Thanks! Anything in particular you'd recommend for the RLS OTC? Didn't think about heating pads but I will now, the wife has vacation days she's going to use to stay home with me through the worst of it as well, I think I have like 5oxy left, would you recommend just flushing them?
    I appreciate all the support already!
    -Evan
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is online now Diamond Member

Thanks! Anything in particular you'd recommend for the RLS OTC? Didn't think about heating pads but I will now, the wife has vacation days she's going to use to stay home with me through the worst of it as well, I think I have like 5oxy left, would you recommend just flushing them?
    -Evan
    Yes! Flush them. Unless you want to delay getting on with this. If you are thinking about keeping them "in case" I always ask, in case of what? In case you want to relapse? And you probably will think about throwing the towel in at some point during those 5 days of detox and it makes it much easier if there's nothing around during a weak moment.

The over the counter stuff that might help is Calm Legs or Hylands Restless Legs. In the vitamin aisle at the grocery store, Walmart, or a pharmacy If you can't find it there, try a GNC.

You're going to do great. Hunker down and just know that no matter how bad you feel, this is the fight for your life back. Escalating to 90mg/day of oxy over the course of 5 months is no joke. I'm not criticizing just noting. You are young and in the scheme of things this hasn't been going on for that long. If nothing else, believe this: This will get far worse and each detox will become harder so do it now. Remember to eat! High protein is best. Good luck

Peace,

Cat
    LaurieLaSalle likes this.

-Evan
    First of all, YES, absolutely flush those pain meds now! Having those pills around will be too much temptation during your detox!

The OTC supplement for the RLS that Laurie was referring to is Hyland's Restful Legs, it is sold at Walmart and some drugstores. You also want to increase your potassium which can help with any RLS that may arise. Stock up on bananas, avacados, coconut water and other foods that are high in potassium. The Thomas Recipe recommends a potassium supplement as well! Best wishes... God bless us all!

That's kind of what I keep telling myself, that this isn't something that has been going on for years and years only a few months, I'm hoping that helps at least to some degree. The only other time I've ever done this was when I first rewliazed I had an issue and ran out for a couple of days so I've never actually made a decision to quit. I figure I am pretty young and I don't want this to ruin or even end my life, so I have to get off them.
    Thanks for the recommendations for the RLS that's the main thing I can remember is the muscle aches and drug craving. I definitely need to flush them because I know I'll end up taking them. Just trying to remind myself this psychical effects may last a week or so but like was said this is to get my life back and I no longer want to just exists and walk around feeling numb, not actually enjoying anything.
    I've become very reclusive over these past months and all I can remember thinking about is how many can I take today, how long will these last me, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir if you will.
    It does help to talk to people especially who have gone through or are going through the same thing as I am.
    Greatly appreciate everyone's time to respond!

Just adding a small piece on, I've always felt terrified about going through withdrawals but thankfully I have a pretty good support network of people. My boss knows about my issues and he's said I can take as much time as I need so I don't have the burden of worrying about losing my job. However, this time I don't feel scared of them I want them to happen I want to tackle them and kick the >>>> out of the withdrawals and get my life back. I'm not normally one to post on forums normally more of just a lurker so this is the first time I've ever actually posted! Greatly appreciate the support everyone is showing here, thanks.
    -Evan
    LaurieLaSalle and Brickwoman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Yes! Flush them. Unless you want to delay getting on with this. If you are thinking about keeping them "in case" I always ask, in case of what? In case you want to relapse? And you probably will think about throwing the towel in at some point during those 5 days of detox and it makes it much easier if there's nothing around during a weak moment.

The over the counter stuff that might help is Calm Legs or Hylands Restless Legs. In the vitamin aisle at the grocery store, Walmart, or a pharmacy If you can't find it there, try a GNC.

You're going to do great. Hunker down and just know that no matter how bad you feel, this is the fight for your life back. Escalating to 90mg/day of oxy over the course of 5 months is no joke. I'm not criticizing just noting. You are young and in the scheme of things this hasn't been going on for that long. If nothing else, believe this: This will get far worse and each detox will become harder so do it now. Remember to eat! High protein is best. Good luck

Peace,

Cat
    LOL Cat, we were posting at the same time! Haven't done that in a while...
    Catrina likes this.

That's kind of what I keep telling myself, that this isn't something that has been going on for years and years only a few months, I'm hoping that helps at least to some degree. The only other time I've ever done this was when I first rewliazed I had an issue and ran out for a couple of days so I've never actually made a decision to quit. I figure I am pretty young and I don't want this to ruin or even end my life, so I have to get off them.
    Thanks for the recommendations for the RLS that's the main thing I can remember is the muscle aches and drug craving. I definitely need to flush them because I know I'll end up taking them. Just trying to remind myself this psychical effects may last a week or so but like was said this is to get my life back and I no longer want to just exists and walk around feeling numb, not actually enjoying anything.
    I've become very reclusive over these past months and all I can remember thinking about is how many can I take today, how long will these last me, I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir if you will.
    It does help to talk to people especially who have gone through or are going through the same thing as I am.
    Greatly appreciate everyone's time to respond!
    Evan - did you flush those pills yet? If not, do it NOW! Cut off all ties to the meds. They say getting clean is the easy part and staying clean is the hard part! So this is your day one? You can do it! Keep us updated on everything, we are here to help you in any way we can? I wish you well... God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey there, pills are gone down the drain! Yes this is day one keeping my mind occupied smoking a bit staying hydrated. Plan to eat foods high in protein as was suggested before and hopefully I'll pull through it!
    -Evan

Catrina is online now Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    LOL Cat, we were posting at the same time! Haven't done that in a while...
    That's a true story. Carbon copies.

asp44 is offline Member

Hey Evan, i stopped c/t 150-200 mg oxycodone 15 days ago. And i can tell you its no quick fix. I had been taking them for 15+ years. Day 1 at about 12 hrs in, i was in full wd. 2, 3, & 4, were not pleasant to say the least. But the worst symptom for me by far was the rls!! The only relief was a hot bath & it was only temporary. So buckle down its time to pay the piper so to speak. Its not easy but u will survive and be in a far better place. Best of luck.

Hey just woke up the first night around 3am currently, feel very nauseous like I could through up,my right leg is starting to ache dont know how I'm going to get back asleep feeling quite down already

Hey just woke up the first night around 3am currently, feel very nauseous like I could through up,my right leg is starting to ache dont know how I'm going to get back asleep feeling quite down already
    Evan - what's going on with the detox? Update when you can?

B_Max is offline New Member

Hello Evan, Same song as you. I started the same day as you. However I choose the wean process. So Id say my withdrawals started on 6-2 through 6-8. I'm on Day 5. All I have is sweaty arm pits and slight head ache. Craving is there but I cant go jog until I get off work. That makes everything go away. I was taking 10-15 Loratabs a day for 1 year. Started about 6 years ago but was just like on the weekend to build something. I became dependent on it. Best feeling is telling your hook ups NO MORE!! I do feel great in the mornings though, but by mid day I feel the craving.

Brandon

Brickwoman is offline New Member

Evan and B Max, how are things going??