Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
Quit opiate pain killer addiction in 8 hours with no withdrawal
    hankojedi is offline New Member

Default Quit opiate pain killer addiction in 8 hours with no withdrawal

The first 12 days would be the hardest. Vomiting, diarrhea, whole-body itch and pain, running nose, tearing, hot and cold flushes, feeling as if one million ants were eating through the skin. If there is a way to bypass these 12 days, then quitting opiates would be easier. Not that the physical addiction is the entire ball game. No. After getting over the physical withdrawal, there is the psychological withdrawal from opiates to deal with. At lease getting over the 12 days of physical withdrawal permits a person to talk and listen to a substance abuse counselor.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2015 at 04:16 AM.

kc50 is offline Member

It scared me silly to go through withdrawls. I'm only speaking for me...I had to feel EVERY bit of them to know I NEVER want to feel that way again.

cookie1c is offline New Member

Does a person have to keep increasing the dose to keep feeling the energy an euphoric feeling? I have been takin oxi 120 mil a day for 3 years an all of a sudden last week everything changed. No more energy, no more euphoric feeling. do u know if this is what happens to the person taking the 120 oxi a day? is this normal ? i meean what usually happens, after so long on them I dont know if im on the rite site . im sorry if im on wrong site but im gettin desparate to understand this whole thing. I refuse to keep going up,, thats insane please forgive me if im on the wrong site
    freegerry and AtheistDave like this.

saddad1 is offline Member

That is classic 'addiction progression'. Over time, the brain and body adapt to the level of drugs you're putting into your system and then to get similar effects you need to increase the dosage. You're an addict. Oxi is not intended to motivate, make you feel good, make you feel liked or powerful in social settings or anything...it is just meant to help you cope with pain. Using it for anything else is typical addict behavior.

I would suggest trying to get off the drugs asap. We're all better off without an addiction in our lives no matter what the situation. There are plenty of ways to feel energetic and happy, addictive narcotics that alter your brain and body are not a good choice. Trust me...I was addicted for years. Try to get off it.

Well, i got on them 3 years for Ruptured disk, Torn rotator cuf, 2 knee surgeries, etc. So this is why i got on them, but loved the energy they gave me . They totally stopped my pain but now last week out of the blue, no more energy started feeling way depressed. I was just wondering if thats why some people r on these high doses? I have backed down from 150 mil. to im now on 90 Im tapering as slow as i can an would love to meet someone on here that is tapering as well, just to have someone to be with me on this an that maybe we could give each other support. if anyone needs someone thats tapering from oxicodone please let me know an i will help u an be here for u if u need me! Im scared to death but im gonna do this,cause i am starting to understand what these evil drugs are doing to my brain!!

Hey saddad, how did u get off of them, an thanks for replying to my post!
    Nikola7t6 likes this.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by cookie1c View Post
    Well, i got on them 3 years for Ruptured disk, Torn rotator cuf, 2 knee surgeries, etc. So this is why i got on them, but loved the energy they gave me . They totally stopped my pain but now last week out of the blue, no more energy started feeling way depressed. I was just wondering if thats why some people r on these high doses? I have backed down from 150 mil. to im now on 90 Im tapering as slow as i can an would love to meet someone on here that is tapering as well, just to have someone to be with me on this an that maybe we could give each other support. if anyone needs someone thats tapering from oxicodone please let me know an i will help u an be here for u if u need me! Im scared to death but im gonna do this,cause i am starting to understand what these evil drugs are doing to my brain!!
    happy u want to get off the drugs and get ur life back. saddad gave u excellent advice and suggestions. i see u want to taper. that's fine, but it's very difficult to do. it takes a huge amt of willpower, strength and courage. i could never taper. if i had pills around i would gobble them down until they were all gone.

have u considered going cold turkey and be done with it right away? if u do taper there will be symptoms at the end of it most likely. tapering just drags it out. if u decide to go CT ur done NOW and clean the next day!

if u just stop u will have 3-7 days of flu-like symptoms. days 3-5 will probably be the worst. u can treat any symptoms as they come up. either way u decide to go there will be members here for support. i want to congratulate u for realizing what these drugs can and will do. they will take everything from u in the end if u keep going like it did me. i'm clean now, but was addicted for over 18 yrs.

keep posting and let us know how ur doing at all times. someone is usually always here. i wish u the very best.

Hey saddad, how did u get off of them, an thanks for replying to my post!
    You're very welcome! Helping others really helps me. It might seem selfless to reach out and help strangers on this forum but I'll be honest, for me...it is kind of selfish! It really helps me understand more of my thoughts and feelings by writing them down and trying to communicate some of my feelings to complete strangers. Super therapeutic.

I struggled to quit alone and in silence for many many months. My wife, parents, siblings, friends and coworkers had NO idea was a closet addict. I tapered down from 200+mgs of hydrocodone over the course of 2 weeks to about 40mg a day and then I jumped...did well for a couple weeks and then fell right back in. Kept a cycle of WD/relapse for 8 or 9 months. It was absolute hell.

I finally decided that the only way I could make it was to change tactics. I just came 100% clean with everyone in my life and got myself some professional help in the form of intensive outpatient therapy. It cost me my marriage, but it is the BEST decision that I've ever made. As an addict I spent oh so much of my time and energy (not to mention money) trying to cover my tracks and keep up the deception...really so exhausting. I definitely feel that I was 'liberated by truth'.

We use for a variety of reasons but for me it was to 'feel better'. I was never able to properly cope with my emotions and the opiates just made me so happy, or so I thought. I'm struggling to really get to the root of my problems but they've been getting buried for YEARS so I'm having a hard time 'getting answers' but progress is measured in time and I'm prepared to continue to fight the good fight for the rest of my life. I just want to be truly happy and there is no room in my life for drugs anymore. I've been hiding my feelings behind them for 15 years.

There is no magical way to kick this thing. All you can do is stack the deck in your favor. Being here is a great ace up your sleeve, but it takes more than 1 card to win a good hand if you catch my drift. I would really urge you to learn more about the drugs and addiction. Try a meeting OR if that doesn't work for you try to find a doctor or therapist you can openly discuss this with. I don't really know what your homelife/family situation is like but due to my experience I urge people to 'own their addiction' by coming clean about it with everyone important in your life. Don't fear opinions or judgement, you have a greater enemy than that in your life. The people that can stand with you and love you will, and you'll gain so much strength from that.

OMGOSH!!!!! U r sooo sooo sweet just for even answering back!! Ur the only one that has!! U dont have a clue how much i appreciate u!!!
    Sharon541979 likes this.

My family life is ok, im blest to be able to stay at home to get thru this. I have a 17 yr old an 20 yr old darlin, my husband is understanding an knows what im doing. However with feeling these terrible depressed feeling, if anyone says anything critical to me ,i cry. So i just lock myself in my back bedroom an pray because i know whats comming! I have had a drug interaction before an have heard that withdrawl feels the same. THATS WHAT SCARES ME TO DEATH!! I had seratonein syndrome one time an i thought it was gonna kill me. For 2 straight weeks i was a wild woman back in my bedroon feeling like i was going crazy, begging GOD to help me. I cant believe i made it thru that without having to go to the hospital, cause i knew if i did go an them see me that way, i heard they put u in a room by urself with cushined walls an let u tough it out.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-07-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Thank u Kikker!! Im too scared to do that!! With me being on them 3 yrs the 9th of this month, i heard the longer u take them ,the worse it is to come off of them. U know, seriously, i did nt think i was an addict! OMG, that word scares me to death!! Can u explain to me why people keep going up? is it true that if u keep going up u will have the energy an euphoria again. I started taking the pain meds because of my terrible pain ,, but then saw how much better i felt,an then i guess i took them cause of the depression lifted so much!

Hey Kc50,, r u off of them yet?

My pain doc told me if i wanted to taper she would take me from oxicodone to Percocet, to hydrocodone, then on down from there,, do u think i will have to experience any withdeawls this way? I can handle the sickness,, its the mental part is what scares me soooo bad, thats if its anything like seretonin syndrome. Anybody know? Yall r precious to me for takin the time to reply to me!! Pleease know that!!!

You have an amazing support structure in your family. USE THEM!!! My mother has been my champion through all this. The first night I came home, on Halloween, she just held my face after I told her everything and said "It's okay. I have the strength for both of us." (making me tear up again thinking about it! Love you mom!). You've faced challenges like this before, that experience can lend you strength.

I'd say, whenever you're feeling down try to talk to somebody. I have my mom and my group to go to. I find that most of the time the ONLY thing that gets me out of that downward spiral of internal dialogue (so depressing and dark usually) is by talking about it with somebody who cares. It lets me get a lot of stuff out and once it's out, it is easier to understand and work with.

I'm proud of you cookie. Keep up the struggle. It gets so much better. You still have to fight, but you get so much stronger with time. And thank you for coming here. Like I said, helping you helps me!
    cookie1c likes this.

Thank u Kikker!! Im too scared to do that!! With me being on them 3 yrs the 9th of this month, i heard the longer u take them ,the worse it is to come off of them. U know, seriously, i did nt think i was an addict! OMG, that word scares me to death!! Can u explain to me why people keep going up? is it true that if u keep going up u will have the energy an euphoria again. I started taking the pain meds because of my terrible pain ,, but then saw how much better i felt,an then i guess i took them cause of the depression lifted so much!
    ppl keep going UP in dose looking for that same euphoria and energy that was felt in the beginning. sadly it almost never happens again and we need that amt of pills just to keep from getting sick. sure in the beginning it feels great, but it doesn't last long. then u discover u have a huge problem that takes everything good away from u sooner or later if u don't stop.

if u are able to taper then u are much stronger than i was. sounds like u have a good doctor that wants to help u. she's taking u down to hydro because they are a much weaker strength of the narcotic pill. not to mean they aren't or can't be a problem themselves because they surely can. u just have a better chance of tapering off them than the oxy.

and yes, u will still have some withdrawal symptoms, but they won't be anything that u can't handle. u have all the help and support u need right here on this forum. great members that really care about u and want u clean and enjoying a drug-free life.

u can do this cookie!

p.s. i just wanted to add one thing that u will hear on the forum but is so true....u have to WANT TO GET CLEAN and off the pills more than anything else. u must be willing to do what it takes to be successful. this may and probably will be the hardest thing u have ever done cookie. u have to dig ur heels in and give it everything u've got.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-07-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    cookie1c likes this.

My pain doc told me if i wanted to taper she would take me from oxicodone to Percocet, to hydrocodone, then on down from there,, do u think i will have to experience any withdeawls this way? I can handle the sickness,, its the mental part is what scares me soooo bad, thats if its anything like seretonin syndrome. Anybody know? Yall r precious to me for takin the time to reply to me!! Pleease know that!!!

the "mental" part is usually what causes most ppl to relapse. getting clean is really the easy part...remaining clean is much tougher. i would strongly recommend u search out and get involved in a support group like NA, AA, or CR (celebrate recovery) right away if ur really serious about this. u will meet many others like urself wanting to get free of the pills holding u down.

there hould be many meetings in ur area at different hrs of the day and night. make every attempt to go and i promise u that u will be so glad that u did. just go to one meeting and sit and listen. u don't have to say anything if u don't want to. these meetings have changed my life for the better.
    cookie1c likes this.

wow, its hard, SO HARD to hear those words,"get clean" I never looked at it like that yall. Yall r so so precious with ur uplifting word!! If i could i would send each of yall a hundred dollar bill thru this computer, for a tip, cause u know, u r being somewhat a type of Therapist for me!! LOL, seriously tho, yall r the best! Will yall stick with me thru this? please! im so scared u guys! Hey if u wanna get to know who i am, im a singer/songwriter in Nashville! My songs are on youtube under cookie1c! I now write songs to help people with issues that iv been thru in my life. My mother killed herself when i was 13 an i wrote the song to give myself therapy an hopefully to help someone else thats trying to cope with suiside. Its called Haunting Memories. I was dependant on alcohol for so long, using it to medicate that song is called The Devil In Decise,,,,,,,also a funny one for all the hardworkinmoms in the world!! Im sorry ,,im babbling but i havent done my profile yet.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-07-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Icannot is offline New Member

I am going to do what u are doing but u are a few weeks ahead of me..I have pain problems too and am scared to death of withdrawal..I was put on time release oxymorphone from oxycodone and hydromorphone..
    I am waiting to see pain dr to try to taper off and I know just going down to immediate dose from time release can be hell..
    I can't get to computer because of pain now but will try to find you again on these posts to help..
    Hang in there! There has to be something better than this hell on opiates!
    I send this with so much love!
    Please, if I don't find u again..I am trying to be there..
    I cry a lot and am crying now..
    I just came down from a pharmacy compounded time release 30mg dextromethorphan dr prescribed cause the oxymorphone er was not releasing correctly and throwing me into withdrawal like sweats...oh heck..I never ever had sweats and coma for 8 hrs fom such a drug that supposedly is in over the counter cough syrup..that makes me think the caps were compounded wrong..I called my dr this morning to say I had worse sweats yesterday from the caps as I just started..the nurse did not say discontinue them..but agreed to let me see dr 10 days before my scheduled visit so I am going on 14th to get immediate release and try to taper..I had hydromethorphan(dilaudid) and tried taking them 1/2 tab every 4hrs during night as per opiate equivalency
    That is formula for a 12hr switch over.
    but I woke up drenched in sweat and hurting..
    I was put on higher dose of this new drug just 2months ago..out of the blue after I cursed the doctor for not tapering me off the oxycodone as he put me up dose on a new opiate..like u r supposed to...and time release now..handcuffed to adjust dose down now....
    ,,(was on c-pap for 3wks 24/7 because of the increase) ...
    Last month I reminded him again I do not do do do well on time release, this happens..
    But I, like u think it is a terrible "something" as I have heard that so many pain patients do ok on opiates and can function..oh my goodness even work..
    Again, I cry for all of us...
    Best of thoughts,prayers, ..pray you can do it...some say we are prescribed opiates and so not using..
    We that are on opiates are all in a hell...I never felt high or energy but I have not had as much pain for sure..
    Deb

nicko31 is offline New Member

I have been dealing with addiction and going thru HELL trying to kick it. I have been in every rehab facility, halfway house, inpatient outpatient. .. Some places twice. Main thing for me is that everything I have ever done, 110% of me was put into it. Including addiction. My mom said if I would put half the stubbornness in getting and STAYING CLEAN and sober, I'd make it and then some. After all, anyone can get clean, it's staying that way and not be in a dry drunk. I have handed over my entire life, family, friends for my addiction and it has takin me 4 years to admit that. It bothers me when women and men say that they took their kids away cuz of the lifestyle they CHOSE to live... NO LET'S FACE IT, I GAVE THEM AWAY... metaphorically of course. So, I am to that point that I can finally start a real reconstruction of my life. Hope this did not offend, just sharing some of my thoughts on this horrible problem that the country wants to put all this blame on us addicts and docs that are far too lenient. Pharmaceutical companies makin bank on our addiction. They cut it off then wonder y ppl go to the street, crime goin up, suicides and worst of all, overdoses especially in youth who are not gettin the love and support from fam. These days, parents are lazy but point the damn finger at educators, docs... for the blame. I have to get and stay clean for me first, not for ANYONE else... seemed so selfish and that's the thing everyone calls addicts, selfish. But I have learned I have to take care of me so I can be the mom, friend, wife, daughter etc that everyone used to be proud of. So.... I am finally to the point where I have hope and a few more pounds... lol but I'm not high anymore and I have not been sober this long (1 year) on the 21st. Last thing I ever thought, started Goin to a methadone clinic. Controversial to some but it has saved my life and I have my family and life back. However, my only fear..... is coming down off the med. I feel no different than an everyday person... stopped getting the altered feelings and no buzz. Simply normal. So my question, I have been at 130mgs. Everyday for about 4 or 5 months.. my fiancee at 110... I take 140mgs. More a week than him. He misses 2 days, he's not feeling too hot but me, I didn't take but 20mgs past 2 days and my withdrawal symptoms have started and I can take pain and sickness (4 babies, no meds during labor) but this is >>>>ty! ! I know we are different as far as meds and withdrawal symptoms, but y so drastically different? Woke up this morning and BAM!! feel like I had the flu..... somebody please explain....

blueopiate is offline Member

Ok. It has by 10 years of opiates, being out more times then having to learn some sad but harsh truths. The physical part I can do standing on my head now. It's the mental battle that rages on for some time that always got me. It has been ingrained in all of us that its the mind games, perhaps we expect it to be that way, therefore we find our thoughts lingering on opiates once the physical part is over. But what if it's not mental? What if it is a metabolic change in the brain that presents as the well known "mind games"? I read an interesting letter on the web where an addict, who has tried everything, wrote to a doctor extensively about morphine addiction. He untaught his mind that he needs or wants the meds. Once he was able to put this in practice, he indicated once past 30 days he reported no lingering symptoms or thoughts of using.

This forced me to change my mindset on the mental battle. I look at it now as my brain is in a cast for a short time. Well it has worked. I used catapres and xanax to look normal at work but I was back to work after 4-5 days with minimal discomfort. This was after gettin 150 10mg norcos and them being gone in a week.

I know someone who did the rapid detox. He woke up in the middle of it in a rage before they put him back under. He was not fine afterwards. He had the classic "weak as a kitten" feel for what he says were months in addition to cravings.

The moral of the story. Mindset is so huge, it should be paid more attention to then your physical condition. Yes, the in the world of opiate addiction the piper has to be paid one way or another. In one way or another, you have to suffer something. The fact of the matter is that hurt is only short term and temporary. The mind can be a very dangerous place if you let it.
    AtheistDave likes this.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Would be very interested in reading that article you mentioned, blue....would you just let me know what to google? Don't think we can put links up....but I'll find it, if you instruct me.

blueopiate is offline Member

Yeah, I don't think they allow links but try google wit "Letter From a Maser Addict to Dangerous Drugs". You will know pretty quick if you found the right link. It's a very interesting read.

FreedbyTruth is offline Junior Member

Saddad1 I really want to hear from you. Your testimony saved my life.
    AtheistDave likes this.

DigDeep24 is offline New Member

Smile I pray that this helps someone, And you may feel six feet under. But have faith

This pain hurts, but with your life back. You'll feel stronger then ever.[/QUOTE]
    I have been abusing opiates for the last few years on numerous occasions, It started and i didn't think anything of it, I did not know the consequences and I was in my own little world. Like most of us, it started with 1-2-3-/8. And before you know it you loose track of even how many of those evil little candies your consuming, It was two years later and I had told myself many times, this is enough -NO MORE- So 1 week clean, A week later I tell myself Im starting to feel pretty good but this depression and anxiety are off the charts a few wont hurt, And before you know it your right back to tossing them down and feeling great. This is what i kept doing but i hope you can see this wasn't worth it. Withdrawl again. great this really, really! sucks! And why do we do this to ourselves? I'm in so much agony from doing this again. And guess what, I do this over and over, a constant ride in roller coaster hell. Being very tired and trying to sleep, and all I felt like doing was sleeping. But many of us might have experienced not even being able to sleep. Five days later after almost no sleep and every bone in your body in pain, Ridiculous dreams start happening, you can feel your body trying so hard to purge itself. And trust that you will heal, the human body is amazing what it can go through and bounce back from. The way I beat my addiction was to force myself to be more active.Force food and water in you even though it seems really hard, trust me i understand this part. But nutrients are essential and a helpful key from all the abuse we put our bodies through. Everyday find something in your house to do. Go outside - MOVE MOVE MOVE. You know what, I'ts extremely uncomfortable at first but i promise you if you keep it up and you keep going and fighting. Before you know it you'll wake up, and say Wow!, I slept for 6 hours and i feel fantastic. Everyday will get better and better, you'll feel the change back to normalcy. I have woke up the last 3 days and i have felt the strongest I have ever felt, Something about all the pain you go through emotionally and physically give you a better appreciation for the great life that we are all blessed with. My best wishes for anyone going through this, be strong my friends. I am currently 2 months clean.

Joe-JustJoe is offline New Member

This is incredibly irresponsible. The rapid detox is junk science and is not reliable. It's not even close to the accepted standard for a reason. It may work for some but that's after you go through the hardest parts and it is far from a cure. I'm going to try to get this thread taken down. If I'm unsuccessful remember if it sounds too good to be true it is. Everyone would be doing this and doctors everywhere would be recommending this if it were a good responsible reliable treatment. It is none of those things. Please do not fall for this. It is junk science and not real medicine. It amazes me they even give out licenses to do this.
    jumper65 likes this.

mikemcc711 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueopiate View Post
    Ok. It has by 10 years of opiates, being out more times then having to learn some sad but harsh truths. The physical part I can do standing on my head now. It's the mental battle that rages on for some time that always got me. It has been ingrained in all of us that its the mind games, perhaps we expect it to be that way, therefore we find our thoughts lingering on opiates once the physical part is over. But what if it's not mental? What if it is a metabolic change in the brain that presents as the well known "mind games"? I read an interesting letter on the web where an addict, who has tried everything, wrote to a doctor extensively about morphine addiction. He untaught his mind that he needs or wants the meds. Once he was able to put this in practice, he indicated once past 30 days he reported no lingering symptoms or thoughts of using.

This forced me to change my mindset on the mental battle. I look at it now as my brain is in a cast for a short time. Well it has worked. I used catapres and xanax to look normal at work but I was back to work after 4-5 days with minimal discomfort. This was after gettin 150 10mg norcos and them being gone in a week.

I know someone who did the rapid detox. He woke up in the middle of it in a rage before they put him back under. He was not fine afterwards. He had the classic "weak as a kitten" feel for what he says were months in addition to cravings.

The moral of the story. Mindset is so huge, it should be paid more attention to then your physical condition. Yes, the in the world of opiate addiction the piper has to be paid one way or another. In one way or another, you have to suffer something. The fact of the matter is that hurt is only short term and temporary. The mind can be a very dangerous place if you let it.

In response to blue opiate:

You are absolutely right, besides the physical withdrawal from opiates after usingv them gor a long period your brain goes through physical changes. Your brain actually starts to work differently because of the drug and when you stop your brain starts to change. If you Google "chemical changes in the brain due to opiate abuse" u can actually see what they do to you. Methadone may seem like it helps but if you arenot willing to stay on methadonebyou should know that the withdrawal from methadone can last months if used for long periods. If you cant handle cold turkey you may wsnt to look at suboxone. It is a partial opiate antagonist also but it makes the withdrawal go away with no euphoria and is thousands of t I me easier to taper from. No matter what course you decide to use I would suggest getting medical advice. Most people will tell you that opiate withdrawal isn't going to kill you but opiates effect your breathing, chemical patterns in your brain and your digestive system and many other things that you could have wrong that the pain meds could mask. At least get a checkup before stopping and make sure someone you know is aware you are stopping in case anything happens. Good luck and make sure if you are eating and staying hydrated it helps.
    AtheistDave and justmekw like this.

lylacavanaugh is offline New Member

Exclamation Cold Turkey Tramadol dangerous.

I almost died. Was taking them for years for arthritis from Lyme Disease until my stomach completely messed up.. So I have decided to get off by using less and less. I have done this before with other drugs (Surmontil) and years ago Valium without too much trouble. But I almost died for the paralysis my chest felt. I am older. So I quit trying to go cold turkey and am just taking little pieces of the 50 milligram pills. I am also on hydrocodone for the same problem. I do not think they are as bad, nor do they seem to make your stomach as sick. I am downsizing them also. I never realized just how powerful the Tramadol is. I was up for days and used Valium to help again. They also make the pain go away the most. Just a little piece makes a huge difference in pain level. I am pretty dedicated and am meditating with fhu.com. I do not believe it is impossible to get off these eventually. In the mean time I am taking it day by day. I am still going to have to to ind out how to deal with the pain when I am done. In my circumstances, tapering is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    happy u want to get off the drugs and get ur life back. saddad gave u excellent advice and suggestions. i see u want to taper. that's fine, but it's very difficult to do. it takes a huge amt of willpower, strength and courage. i could never taper. if i had pills around i would gobble them down until they were all gone.

have u considered going cold turkey and be done with it right away? if u do taper there will be symptoms at the end of it most likely. tapering just drags it out. if u decide to go CT ur done NOW and clean the next day!

if u just stop u will have 3-7 days of flu-like symptoms. days 3-5 will probably be the worst. u can treat any symptoms as they come up. either way u decide to go there will be members here for support. i want to congratulate u for realizing what these drugs can and will do. they will take everything from u in the end if u keep going like it did me. i'm clean now, but was addicted for over 18 yrs.

keep posting and let us know how ur doing at all times. someone is usually always here. i wish u the very best.

Cbp2016 is offline New Member

Hi I suppose I'm an opiate addict, the only reason I said suppose is because I take tramadol and I wasn't sure if tramadol is classed as an actual opiate!
    I first used tramadol for tendinitis in my shoulders and elbows from weight training! But very quickly noticed the euphoria and sence of well being, it also really helped with me being a night shift worker, kept me awake and alert and then helped me sleep like a baby!! Firstly only taking 100mg per day, but without realising I was taking tramadol for all the wrong reasons, and when you start using them for any reason other than pain then your in trouble, I went from 100mg to approx 500mg per day! Now I can stop taking tramadol with horrible side affects, I use codien to make them affects much more comfortable! Swapping from one opiate to a less strength really helps!!
    My problem is once I get past the one week of the really bad withdraw and start to feel better then I start with the mental addiction! Thinking about tramadol and the feeling it gives me 24/7..
    Because if I tell the truth I actually enjoy taking them but I know they are actually really bad for me, they have lots of downsides, I can't be bothered to go to the gym, they affect my marriage because sex drive evaporates, all you want to do is lie around and chill! They cause depression because you know your not yourself, normally acctive love going the gym and being outdoors! All that goes away! Stuck in the tramadol bubble!

lulabell79 is offline New Member

Default Rapid Detox?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post

Are you talking about rapid detox? Does insurance cover any portion of it? Also, what is the estimated total cost out of pocket?

Thanks,
    Laura

Insideme is offline New Member

Hello please someone reply
    Sharon541979 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast