Quitting CT
    Purplebars is offline New Member

Thumbs up Quitting CT

Hey all,

I recently underwent 2 abdominal surgery's, one in January 2013 & the 2nd in April 2013. I was prescribed to Oxycodone 5mg-325. I started out by taking up to 6 daily spread out by 2-2-2. Eventually i worked my way up to talking about 10 a day for 2 months. I than switched over to Oxycodone 30's or blues. I started taking 1 day for about 2-3 weeks than worked my way up to 2-3 than 3-4. I never exceeded the 3-4 but somedays I would hit 5 but very rarely. So for the past 5 months I have been on Oxycodone nonstop. Basically i went from 30mg-40mg (2.5 months) a day to 90-100mg a day (2.5 months) I haven't really tried to stop yet but I have decided it is time to. I would like to keep a log of my progress on here and update you on how I do cold turkey. I have been prescribed to 40 Valium by my doctor and have picked up all the necessary supplements for the Thomas Recipe which is figured I would try since I have heard a lot of good things about it. My last pill (Oxy30) was taken at 9pm tonight. So my W/D probably wont start until about tomorrow afternoon. I will post my progress first thing tomorrow and keep you posted for the full 7 days of my CT.

Thanks & God Bless,
    Mikey

BrokenAngel36 is offline Member

Good for you! Please keep posting, as you will see in most posts everyone suggests NA, AA, or CR. I promise you will not regret it. The good thing is you have not been using for too long and you were able to tell it was becoming a problem. Good for you!! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing about your progress.

Take Care,
    Angel