Quitting Roxicodone....Help?
    MissJersey is offline New Member

Unhappy Quitting Roxicodone....Help?

I have been using 30s for several years. For the last 8-12 months I have used anywhere from 10-15 pills per day (300-450mg). I am trying to quit and I am doing good with not using, but I have NO energy. I have been clean for almost 3 months and I still feel so lethargic everyday.

I started using the pills because they gave me so much energy and I was a full-time college student with a full-time job and the energy helped me through the day. I excelled in school and the pills never seemed to have a negative effect on my life until I quit my job and started doing desperate, dumb things to get money to support my habit.

Now I just want to be clean, but I want to feel normal. I take antidepressants, but I am still incredibly depressed since I quit. It just seems that without the pills I never feel happy and I never seem to have the energy to do anything. It takes at least 30 minutes of self motivating just to get out of my bed and take shower.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to help myself feel energy again? I am so used to being so productive and doing so much everyday and now I just can't seem to muster up the energy to do anything.

I am supposed to be starting a new job tomorrow and I just can't imagine how I am going to get through the work day without pills. I don't want to start using again.

Can anyone help??

The Husband is offline Member

Jersey,

That is an extremely high amount of oxycodone. Did you cold turkey? Taper? I had a friend that was take around that amount and he got clean but was depressed and had no energy for 4 months or so from what I remember he said. he used 5-hour energy to feel more motivated in mornings. If you have been clean for close to 90 days I would fight through it...

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Try some L-tyrosine with b-6. Drink lots of water and pure fruit juices. Whatever you do, get some exercise even if it's a 12min. walk. Exercise if imperative to get your natural endorphines kicking in again. This will pass: we didn't get here overnight and don't get better overnight. Keep moving forward, stay busy. I know that's hard when you feel depressed, but this is when you need the exercise the most and when you need to push yourself.

Peace,

Iloerose