Ready to quit

Default Ready to quit

I have read this site for a long time but I was always lurking and this is my first post. Not just here but for any type of forums. I am very comforted of how everyone seems to be so supportive and there seems to be no judgement.

My story is very similar to the others. My husband and I started opiates recreationally about 10 years ago. It started with Vicodin 10 mg only on the weekends. As the time progressed we were introduced to Oxys. We are up to three to five 30 mgs per day. About two months ago I was introduced to the next step up (I know you can't mention illicit drugs so not sure of how to say it). Hubby never got involved in that and I'm embarrassed to say I hid that from him until he found it in my purse. So we both decided to take our life back and quit. I've never tried to quit before and only have a very small experience with withdrawals. Just a couple of hours. I've been employed at the same place for 10+ years and have successfully hid this habit from everyone. We are very lucky and have great health insurance. We found an out patient rehab very close to our house. It is still 1200 for each of us with insurance but it will be well worth it if it works.

Okay so the dr gave me Zubslov. My plan is to take my last opiates at 6pm tomorrow night. I'm hoping I can start the zubslov by 6 pm Monday. I have no experience with any type of medication like this but I've done lots of reading and I'm scared of perceptive withdrawal. I have the COWS chart saved to reference. The place also gave me a 24 hour hotline that I can contact but I have some questions of what I can take. I have my Imodium ready. Can I take NyQuil on Monday until I'm ready for the Zubslov? I also have a prescription for tramadol. Is that okay? Anything else to help with the withdrawal but not put me into the PWs?

The place also has evening groups that you attend 3 hours a day three days a week. I think that will help a lot.

One last thing, I'd like to post Monday while I'm going through this. Is anyone available to walk me through the process? I'm so scared but rest to be done. My husband is doing his Tuesday. We have two beautiful children so we thought it would be better to stagger the hell days. Oh and I'm scheduled to return back to work on Wednesday. So I hope I'm in good enough condition to do so. Thanks in advance for the help and I'm sorry about the short novel I just wrote.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hi, Ready....

Oxy's were my thing...ugh......and I know the half life is really short for those. There are so many on here that are experts on suboxone, and I'm thinking this Zubslov is similar to that. Don't be discouraged, as sometimes the board is quiet on weekends, but help will arrive.

Good luck to you and your hubby......the first step of taking your life back is sometimes scary, but for those children, you will be glad you decided to do this.

Thank you so much for replying! Yes for the children and for all the money that I've wasted. I won't see the immediate savings because of the out patient rehab but once that is done I will. It just when you do something for so long it's scary to change. I don't even know myself with out them. I'm scared that I won't feel the same, that I won't be productive in my job and that I be a different person. It's so scary to quit but I'm ready. The success stories help a lot.

LivingDeadGirl88 is offline New Member

Quit now. It only gets worse the longer you put it off or try to taper down on your own. I am speaking from experience, I promise. I am currently just into my 4th day on my 3RD round of hydrocodone detox (all in just under a year). Reading your original post, I realize how scary this is for you. I was terrified of quitting because of the withdrawals -- but if you don't get a handle on it now, you will be forced to down the road -- when you have ruined your finances and are struggling EVERY single day to figure out how to keep a roof over your head AND buy the pills...and the pills come first. Please don't think I'm being ugly toward you because I'm not -- just being real.

I am a well-educated female with a very good job -- one I've managed to keep for over 15 years now, although I often wonder how. I started taking hydro's regularly about 8 years ago -- the source came up and I had the cash to get them. It started with 1 a day and was up to 12-13 a day by the time it finally dragged me under financially and I decided it was time to get professional help. I couldn't go more than 4 hours without it or I'd start fiending...it is a vicious cycle. I have so much I could share with you, but it would take a novel and I'm not up to that right now. :-)

Also, yes, my first detox was in a rehab facility, using Subutex for 4 days. The acute withdrawals were minimal compared to detoxing without the meds, but what I wasn't prepared for were the post acute withdrawals. A month after my 5 day detox, I was taking them again. I got up to 5 or 6 a day, I'd cut back to 2 or 3 for a while, back at 5 or so again, and it took me 4 months to, thankfully, really realize where I was headed and try to stop it. That was round 2 and I detoxed cold turkey, and it was rough. Well, I somehow managed to stay clean for 3 months that time -- but the PAWS got me real bad again. Here I sit today, going through round 3 of my war against this sinister drug.

I will win this war. Third time's the charmed one, right?

Third time is the charm!

I'm preparing today for this fight. I have to get my Zubslov filled and get various things to make me comfortable for tomorrow. NyQuil, Imodium, apple sauce, yogurt, etc. plus the kids will be at school.

I'm ready! Scared but ready!

LivingDeadGirl88 is offline New Member

I am rooting for you, readytobeclean!! Be strong. Today at 5:00 p.m. will start day 5 for me. Remember this: fight the psychological part with all you have! To me, its the worst. I'm here if you need me....

Thanks Living! I got everything I need. I'll post my progress tomorrow. At the amount I've been taking, I will start to feel it first thing in the morning. I'm going to start a new thread tomorrow and try and keep it updated with the good, the bad and the ugly. Reading those helped me to see that I could do this. Hopefully mine will do the same for someone else!

Congratulations on your day 5! I hope to write you on Friday saying that I made it that far. Strike that.....I will write to you and say I've made it this far! I'm ready for the battle!

keepthechange11 is offline Junior Member

Hi Ready,
    We'll be starting within about 12 hours of each other. My last pill was last night at 10pm, so I'm at Hour 19 right now. Tonight and tomorrow will most likely be the worst for me! I was on 60mg of oxycodone daily . I was able to wean down to 20mg daily for this past week and decided to drop off and be done with it as of last night. Everything else was thrown down the toilet! I know that my story isn't as "hardcore" as others but wanted to stop by and let you know that you have someone at about the same stage as yourself! We'll have to post back and forth for each other over these next few days!

Hi Keep!

You can message me anytime! It's helpful to know you are ahead of me! I hope you are doing okay this morning! I'm better that I thought I would be right now. 13 hours since last use. Feel a little jumpy but not bad at the moment. Let me know anytime you need to chat!

Mike,

Thank you so much for reaching out. While I'm somewhat okay I'm going to check out your stand up. I can defiantly use a smile.

I will tell my husband about that plant. Not quite in condition to drive but not doing as bad as i thought I would be for being 13 hours out! I'll keep you posted.