Sedation (Xanax & Halcion) for Tooth Extractions while on Subutex
    bigdingus is offline New Member

Default Sedation (Xanax & Halcion) for Tooth Extractions while on Subutex

Hi there, I have been doing so much research today since I’m having an oral procedure in 2 days. I’m on 4 mg of Subutex, although I’ve been taking 8 mg the past 3 days hoping it’d cut the acute pain I’ve been having the entire weekend. I went to my dentist this morning, and they have to extract 2 teeth. They’re going to sedate me, although not with an IV. They said they will give me Xanax & Halcion to put me under, then remove the teeth. I’m worried that those 2 medications might be dangerous having been on Subutex for 2 years.

The only other medication I’m on is 20mg of Vyvanse for ADHD, but I don’t forsee that being problematic. I’m desperately hoping that someone out there can respond within the next 48 hours. If not, I’m thinking about calling and cancelling my sedation and just baring with the fear, anxiety & pain being awake while the cut open my gums to take the teeth out (one is broken with almost nothing above the gum line). The dentist knows I’m on Subutex, but I get the feeling he doesn’t really even know much about it at all. I called my Sub doctor, and they just said “if your dentist thinks it’s fine, it’s fine.” But I don’t really feel good about that answer either.

Does anyone have any experience with these medications being used to sedate someone while on Subutex/Suboxone? Thank you sooooo sooo so much in advance!

Genscripts is offline Banned

It should not be taken in case if you are having any allergies and its side effects are like slow or shallow breathing, feeling light-headed, fainting, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior or nausea.