Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Tapering off Oxyneo. Please help and read my story...
    iamx is offline Member

Unhappy Tapering off Oxyneo. Please help and read my story...

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-09-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Okay you are at 20 mg per day total, right? If I were you I would jump off right now. This withdrawal will follow you for the whole month if you continue to taper. You have already gone through much of it and jumping from 20 will be less intense than if you had gone cold turkey from your high start dose. Don't get me wrong it won't be fun. You might want to take a week off of work for "the flu" but it is totally doable. I jumped from 20 and in 7 days I was functional. The worst was only 4 days. Then it's uphill from there. The severe back and leg pain I also had and not sure why it just seems a very common withdrawal symptom. It gets much better once you are past the whole thing. Lots of hot baths helps. Heating pads, Tylenol or ibuprofen. Also your Valium, be careful as you may already have a dependency on that so DO NOT attempt to get off that until you are past the oxy withdrawal, then taper it down very very slowly. You do not want to cold turkey valium. But I think cold turkey from the oxy right now will get you past this misery the fastest.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-09-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

PS I understand the anxiety about jumping cold turkey from where you are right now. The anticipation and fear is worse than the reality. Don't let that trip you up. But if you decide to continue tapering no judgment here. I will say from personal experience though, that the lower you get while tapering the worse it gets. Either way, stay on the forum and read everybody else's story. One thing, you aren't alone, tons of people going through the same problem.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

iamx is offline Member

I do admit I am scared of going cold turkey. But ever since I went from 40 mg a day to 20 mg a day, I never never felt so horrible in my life. I was so sick this past Saturday. I had all the symptoms of the flu minus the vomitting. But I also don't want to continue to feel like I am currently feeling for another month. I can't live like this anymore. I'm a small person. 5 foot 4, and 105 pounds. Been on 20 mg a day for two weeks now. What if something happens to me? Like a seizure or something? I DO want to get this horrible >>>> out of my system for good but I am so afraid. My doctor also told me a few days ago cold turkey is the quickest way but I'll feel awful. I am so scared. I feel so conflicted. I've been having to force myself to eat and all I want to do is sleep and the pain is unbearable at times.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..
    I just wrote to another member about tapering!

It is so hard
    Because the. Cravings are there because you are giving your brain
    What it wants
    Opiates..
    But not enough to fill the receptors
    But just enough
    To
    Need more..

Jump!

I know it is so scarey..
    But 3-5 days and you are done!
    Done !
    Free from active addiction..

Can you imagine?
    Life is so much better..
    When we are making our choices
    About our
    Precious life experiences
    From a clean state of mind..

We can walk you through it.

There are a few members right now in various days from jumping
    Read their threads..
    All of them will tell you it is do worth the pain.
    Because on the other side is freedom!
    It is amazing..
    Bette

Cheve11e is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamx View Post
    I do admit I am scared of going cold turkey. But ever since I went from 40 mg a day to 20 mg a day, I never never felt so horrible in my life. I was so sick this past Saturday. I had all the symptoms of the flu minus the vomitting. But I also don't want to continue to feel like I am currently feeling for another month. I can't live like this anymore. I'm a small person. 5 foot 4, and 105 pounds. Been on 20 mg a day for two weeks now. What if something happens to me? Like a seizure or something? I DO want to get this horrible >>>> out of my system for good but I am so afraid. My doctor also told me a few days ago cold turkey is the quickest way but I'll feel awful. I am so scared. I feel so conflicted. I've been having to force myself to eat and all I want to do is sleep and the pain is unbearable at times.
    I am at the end of what you are about to go through.
    Just make the jump, Tapering farther, for me was only putting off the inevitable cruddy feeling you're going to go through much like what you're already going through but if you continue tapering it only strings out the cruds...

My last dose of anything opiate was at 4:00 in the morning on the 29th, so 11 days ago.
    I took a week off work, you'll have to do that too. At least I knew I couldn't function at work for those first 7 days.

I feel pretty good now, so will you but see your Dr about getting something prescribed for the RLS you are going to be going through. My Dr prescribes Sinemet in a very small dose. If you look it up it will scare you but remember, Very-Small-Dose just so you can sleep.
    To most people RLS is the worst part because it will not let you sleep and the problems will start to cascade from there... Many people simply give in after a few nights without sleep and end up failing in their attempt.
    BTW, DON'T ATTEMPT, JUST DO IT. do not allow one more opiate to enter your body ever again.
    I still get a little anxiety but nothing compared to the 3rd and 4th day, those were tough.
    If you truly want to quit you will.
    I take Motrin for the pain, it helps.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-09-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Thisweekforsure and Catrina like this.

Cheve11e is offline Junior Member

An Edit after the allotted 6 minutes...

I feel pretty good now, so will you but see your Dr about getting something prescribed for the RLS you are going to be going through. My Dr prescribes Sinemet in a very small dose. If you look it up it will scare you but remember, Very-Small-Dose just so you can sleep and you'll only need it for a week, two at the most. It is NOT habit forming.
    To most people RLS is the worst part because it will not let you sleep and the problems will start to cascade from there... Many people simply give in after a few nights without sleep and end up failing in their attempt.

iamx is offline Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-09-2016 at 03:14 PM.

iamx is offline Member

Thank you everyone for the advice and encouragement. I have Valium 5mg to take twice daily and Clonidine to take every 8 hours when needed which will hopefully help with the restless legs. I'm already drinking a lot of water and have got rid of the pills. I am terrified of this but I have no choice and I want my happiness, health and life back. I've also been eating bananas and yogurt which apparently the potassium is important. My boyfriend is going to have to force me to eat if I can even keep food down and my mother is there for me too. I will keep updates on my thread to let you know how I'm doing because I need the support and encouragement. I thought tapering was the best way but I can't continue to feel like I have been for any longer. Might as well just get it over with and feel like I have one hell of a flu. I am so scared....

Good for you for making the decision! I don't think you'll regret it. You have a good plan, You might not vomit at all, I didn't, only nausea and it was not too severe. Don't worry too much about eating but do sip water (or other fluid, not containing caffeine, caffeine dehydrates you more). I sipped ginger ale and ate a ginger cookie here and there. Probably too much sugar but whatever gets me through 4 days. Normally I never touch soda. I had the bathroom issue but Immodium helped tremendously with that. For me I felt worse and worse until 36 hours, then kind of leveled off, then slowly got better and on day 5 in the afternoon sudden improved a lot, enough to go out to a restaurant with my husband. After that weakness, lethargy, mild depression and trouble sleeping and that got pretty annoying but gradual improvement until a couple of months I was back to whatever normal was going to be. You may or may not follow the same course, but maybe hearing others' stories can help you not be afraid. For me the anxiety was not nearly as bad after the first couple of days. You've already been through a lot of it so your brain is already partly healed. That's what I did, I tapered down to about 20 or 30 and jumped.

Um, gads did your original post vanish? I don't recall you swearing???

Can't remember what I was going to say...... UGH. Anyway I think you will do fine. Try not to be scared. Take your Valium as usual, try not to take more, and definitely do not take less. Hot baths will help. OH YEAH I REMEMBER.... plan a good book or TV shows or movies. For me they really killed the time. The time just goes SO SLOW and try not to watch the clock. It will seem to drag but a week from now you will look back and go, oh that wasn't so bad after all. So try not to be scared. You could even look at it as a challenge and you are up to it!!! Go you!!!!!

iamx is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thisweekforsure View Post
    Good for you for making the decision! I don't think you'll regret it. You have a good plan, You might not vomit at all, I didn't, only nausea and it was not too severe. Don't worry too much about eating but do sip water (or other fluid, not containing caffeine, caffeine dehydrates you more). I sipped ginger ale and ate a ginger cookie here and there. Probably too much sugar but whatever gets me through 4 days. Normally I never touch soda. I had the bathroom issue but Immodium helped tremendously with that. For me I felt worse and worse until 36 hours, then kind of leveled off, then slowly got better and on day 5 in the afternoon sudden improved a lot, enough to go out to a restaurant with my husband. After that weakness, lethargy, mild depression and trouble sleeping and that got pretty annoying but gradual improvement until a couple of months I was back to whatever normal was going to be. You may or may not follow the same course, but maybe hearing others' stories can help you not be afraid. For me the anxiety was not nearly as bad after the first couple of days. You've already been through a lot of it so your brain is already partly healed. That's what I did, I tapered down to about 20 or 30 and jumped.

Um, gads did your original post vanish? I don't recall you swearing???

Can't remember what I was going to say...... UGH. Anyway I think you will do fine. Try not to be scared. Take your Valium as usual, try not to take more, and definitely do not take less. Hot baths will help. OH YEAH I REMEMBER.... plan a good book or TV shows or movies. For me they really killed the time. The time just goes SO SLOW and try not to watch the clock. It will seem to drag but a week from now you will look back and go, oh that wasn't so bad after all. So try not to be scared. You could even look at it as a challenge and you are up to it!!! Go you!!!!!
    I did swear a bit actually haha. Whoops. But yes I've been on 20 mg for two weeks now and in March I was on 60 mg twice a day, while waiting for two surgeries. So I have tapered quite a bit and am proud of myself for that. But it's time for this to end now. Netflix and books and my boyfriend will help me through this. Thank you for the encouragement everyone and I'll remember not to swear in my next post!

If your boyfriend is like my husband he will crack jokes at you and make you laugh.

iamx is offline Member

If your boyfriend is like my husband he will crack jokes at you and make you laugh.
    Haha I laughed at your comment. My boyfriend is definitely a jokester and he constantly makes me laugh!
    So it's been 24 hours and the upset stomach has already started... Not going to be fun. I guess I'll have to pick up some Imodium or something. But I did sleep okay last night after taking a Clonidine and two extra strength Tylenol. 7 hours of sleep or so.
    It's the anticipation of knowing how much worse I'm going to feel over the next few days that scares me though and is making me feel more anxious about it. One minute at a time.... Ugh.

iamx is offline Member

My back is killing me. I have to go pick up my refill of Valium soon and even though my pharmacy is like 5 blocks away I'm having a hard time pushing myself to get outside and walk there.

iamx is offline Member

I am feeling seriously anxious. Fast heart beat. Shallow breathing. Aches are bad. Tried to take a nap and couldn't. Vision is slightly blurry. If I went to the hospital what would they do for me? I'm really scared now. I don't think I can do this alone.

How are you doing? Is your boyfriend there?

iamx is offline Member

He left work early because he wanted to be with me. He ran me a hot bath, which felt amazing. I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat any dinner I just chugged water and Gatorade. And I actually slept from 8-5. I took my normal medication before bed plus a tablespoon of night time cold medicine because I had the chills and body aches. I only woke up once when he came to bed at around 1:30 am and kissed my forehead and then I fell back asleep. But holy... did I ever sweat! When I got up 20 mins ago I was drenched. I'm okay right now just feeling extra anxious and my vision is just slightly blurry. Did you have blurry vision? At 6 am today it will be 48 hours. Just took an Imodium because I had a minor bathroom issue (TMI lol). Also had some stomach cramping yesterday afternoon/evening. But the worst is yet to come right? I feel like if I went to the hospital they would just pump me full of extra Valium and give me liquid intravenous to keep my hydrated...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-11-2016 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Swearing

iamx is offline Member

PS maybe some useful information. These are the medications I am currently taking.

Celexa/citalopram 20 mg daily. I've suffered from depression and anxiety since I was 12 or so.

Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice a day since September 2012. Two weeks ago I was put on Valium 5 mg twice a day due to increased anxiety from the withdrawal. I definitely want to taper off of this when I'm done detoxing and starting to feel normal again.

And Clonidine 0.1mg every 8 hours as needed. But I usually just take it before bed and then in the morning. It's supposed to help with high blood pressure/fast heart rate and the RLS. I've had this prescription for a month.

My mom and my boyfriend are worried I'm going to have a seizure or my heart is going to stop or something during this process and that's why I'm conflicted about going to the hospital or not.

iamx is offline Member

How are you doing? Is your boyfriend there?
    Yes. I just posted two messages without directly responding to your quote...

As long as you keep down the benzo you should not be in danger of seizure. From your description it sounds like what you are feeling is normal opiate withdrawal. I do remember some blurry vision and I think it was from the pupils being bigger and perhaps watery eyes. See if you think this might be true. You've said nothing so far that makes me think you should go to the hospital. Keep checking in. I might not be around for long periods though because I have guests this weekend but will try to check in.

iamx is offline Member

As long as you keep down the benzo you should not be in danger of seizure. From your description it sounds like what you are feeling is normal opiate withdrawal. I do remember some blurry vision and I think it was from the pupils being bigger and perhaps watery eyes. See if you think this might be true. You've said nothing so far that makes me think you should go to the hospital. Keep checking in. I might not be around for long periods though because I have guests this weekend but will try to check in.
    I'm feeling okay at the moment. When I woke up I was really anxious. That's mostly under control right now. My legs and back are aching. I can't sit for too long or it gets bad. No chills yet today either which is odd? I was having them last night... I've been trying to keep myself distracted so I started writing a journal and I've already wrote 4 pages. It helped. I'm finding it hard to immerse myself in my personal artwork though. Which is my passion and have not been super interested in it the past few weeks. I want to be able to enjoy all the things I did before all this hell started. I used to go out all the time. I've missed out on so many social events with my boyfriend etc. Being too tired, anxious, not social and not wanting to face the world... What an evil drug. Taken so many months away from me. I've cried a lot today. One time out of happiness though when my boyfriend reassured me he is here for me 100%. I love him so much I don't know what I'd do without him. Anyways, just made some caffeine free green tea with ginger, lemon and honey. Detoxifying and yummy! I hope I can sleep again tonight.

You sound like you are doing great! Writing in a journal is awesome. Your boyfriend sounds like a gem. I think you are doing very well. Don't worry about not feeling like doing artwork or anything! I did nothing when I was coming off, just lay around. All that will get much better with time. How are you doing now this evening?

iamx is offline Member

You sound like you are doing great! Writing in a journal is awesome. Your boyfriend sounds like a gem. I think you are doing very well. Don't worry about not feeling like doing artwork or anything! I did nothing when I was coming off, just lay around. All that will get much better with time. How are you doing now this evening?
    You're the only one who's been checking in on me on my thread. That means a lot to me, seriously. Thank you.

I was so tired last night. Went to bed around 9:15 and slept til 12:30. Woke up then cause I had to empty my bladder... Then I couldn't fall back asleep! I was so restless. I wasn't having serious aches but my brain just wouldn't calm down. I felt slightly nauseous so I took two pepto tablets. Tried to go back to bed. Couldn't. Got up again at 2, had a smoke on the balcony, took half a 0.1 mg Clondine (it had been almost 7 hours since I took my last dose and you take it every 8 hours as needed) and a Benadryl (I read everywhere it can help you sleep and with gooseflesh). Then I finally fell asleep around 3 probably.

I wasn't having chills when I went to bed just sweating. Anyways I'm feeling alright at the moment. Stomach feels kind of screwy and I seem to have this lingering mild anxiety. Knees feel weak. Got up at 6 this morning so I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted but oh well. Did you have insomnia? Trouble sleeping? What did you do to help you sleep? It was so frustrating!

Well you slept 3 hours, that's actually pretty good. Yes I had poor sleep, it's normal for withdrawal. You just doze when and if you can and get through it. You could try Valerian root or other herbal aids or even OTC drugs but none of that worked great for me the first week just time makes it better. The OTC sleep aids give me hangovers the next day and really sap my energy which is bad enough during this so hardly worth it to me. What I did was just read in bed. I'd wake up, turn on the light and read until I dozed off a bit, rinse, repeat. I survived that way.

All your symptoms are perfectly normal. Weak knees, mild anxiety, screwy stomach, sweats, trouble sleeping, all very, very normal. You're doing it!!! You're actually doing very well. You are remembering to sip water, right? But if you are not throwing up or having too bad runs then you're not in too much danger of dehydration. You're kicking butt!! Good job!

iamx is offline Member

Well you slept 3 hours, that's actually pretty good. Yes I had poor sleep, it's normal for withdrawal. You just doze when and if you can and get through it. You could try Valerian root or other herbal aids or even OTC drugs but none of that worked great for me the first week just time makes it better. The OTC sleep aids give me hangovers the next day and really sap my energy which is bad enough during this so hardly worth it to me. What I did was just read in bed. I'd wake up, turn on the light and read until I dozed off a bit, rinse, repeat. I survived that way.

All your symptoms are perfectly normal. Weak knees, mild anxiety, screwy stomach, sweats, trouble sleeping, all very, very normal. You're doing it!!! You're actually doing very well. You are remembering to sip water, right? But if you are not throwing up or having too bad runs then you're not in too much danger of dehydration. You're kicking butt!! Good job!
    I actually got about 5 hours of sleep I think! I haven't puked once and only had mild nausea at 12:30 this morning and again when I woke up at around 6 so I made some chamomile tea with ginger in it and it's helped. Upset stomach is under control too. I forced myself to eat a granola bar and some yogurt with blueberries a couple hours ago. I have been drinking a TON of fluids. Lemon water, Gatorade, herbal tea. I only limit myself to one small cup of coffee in the morning, and then chug back caffeine free fluids until I go to bed.

Since my last dose Thursday at 6 am, I also started taking a multivitamin with antioxidants as well as fish oil every day. This is going to help my brain function big time.

I'm going to pick up some valerian root today. Actually I think my mother has some. I'd rather take something natural instead of something like a sleeping pill or antihistamine on top of 5 mg diazepam at night. We will see how it goes! Hope you're having a good weekend. PS, how long have you been off these evil drugs for? And how long were you on them?

This forum and writing in my journal has helped me so much. But the anxiety is driving me nuts right now! Haha. Trying to do some breathing exercises. Blah.

iamx is offline Member

I've decided I'm going to quit smoking. It increases your heart rate and anxiety anyways. I might as well kill two birds with one stone! If I can get clean off painkillers, quitting smoking will be nothing compared to that. I'm so motivated and determined to be as healthy as possible. I downloaded an app at the end of December for quitting smoking, and forgot about it. Looked at it yesterday in a folder in my iPhone and I could have saved 813$ since December 30th!!!! What the?! I've tried quitting smoking once before and made it three days but then something stressful happened in my life and I caved. I don't want to be a slave to addictive substances anymore ever. Screw it!!! Lol! I can do this! And I'm actually feeling pretty good right now too! Just slight chills that come and go really quickly. I have no pain in my legs or back either. I'm still feeling slightly anxious but I can deal with it!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-12-2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Typo

iamx is offline Member

Went out for a few hours with my boyfriend earlier. And laughed a lot! Just to run silly errands and adventures. Was good to get out of the house and walk around! But when we got home my back was so stiff. Tired of course. Have a slight headache too but those are the only symptoms I'm having right now. Doing ok
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

You're doing really well. To answer your question, I was on 60 mg oxy for several years and quit in July 2014. I tapered to 20 or 30 then jumped from there. That Thanksgiving I went back on them for a few weeks due to a flair of my pain condition. I'm a pain patient and never did escalate into out of control use but I did become physically dependent like everyone will due to the nature of the drug. The tolerance and withdrawal process is identical whether you are an addict or just taking them medically as directed.

iamx is offline Member

I definitely became an addict even when taking them as prescribed. Evil, evil drug. I never want to see another painkiller in my life. Even if I break my arm I will refuse them.

Didn't have a good day today at all. Only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Woke up feeling super depressed. Felt so lonely while my boyfriend was at work. I can't wait for him to get home in a couple hours. Forced myself to eat. My mother came over for a few hours earlier to keep me company and help clean the apartment. Had a major cry in front of her and she hugged me for so long. Back was aching badly. Had a hot bath which felt good, tried to sleep but anxiety and shallow breathing prevented me from having a nap.

By Thursday morning it will be a week for me. Lying in bed right now with my laptop. Majorly down today

I want this to be over so badly. And now I'm afraid to sleep. Melatonin helped me fall asleep but only for 4 hours and by 2 am I was wide awake.

Anyways I hope tomorrow is a better day. Maybe I should try staying up late until 1:30 like my boyfriend does so I don't toss and turn and possibly wake him up. ARGHHHHH.

I know it doesn't feel like it but you are doing very, very well! If Thursday is day 7 then today is day 4, is that right? For me days 2-4 were the worst, so take heart, it won't get any worse for you and it SHOULD slowly start to improve beginning tomorrow, I hope!

And to have slept 4 hours the night of day 3 is actually fantastic. Again I know it sure doesn't feel like it but you are doing a great job. It's so normal to feel so out of whack and to cry and to be miserable and have no appetite and hurt all over and be depressed. If it makes you feel any better, you are exactly on track and all of this means you are healing. Your brain is adjusting. Compared to how terrified you were a few days ago, you seem to be handling this extremely well. I know you have anxiety and are depressed but hang tight!!! Lying in bed with a laptop is exactly my style. Can't think of a better way to spend the time, however if you can get up and get out in the sun it will do you good. Is there sun where you are?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast