Tired of this
    Want_my_life_back is offline Junior Member

Default Tired of this

I've been addicted to pain pills for years. I've finally admitted it to my husband and family and I'm so ashamed and embarrassed. I feel like the biggest failure. I can't afford to take off work so I'm scared of withdrawels. I've purchased some of the supplements from the Thomas recipe to help with the withdrawels but I'm so scared to get sick. I don't want to be like this anymore where my life revolves around pills. I've neglected so much cuz of pills. My poor kids need their mother. That gives me motivation to get my @@@@ together but again I can't afford to be sick. I'm scared of withdrawels. I know it's a mind thing but I'm so depressed. In trying to taper off. I've done better but it have 4 pills left and I'm starting to panic on the inside. Should I just suck it up and experience the withdrawels? This is all my fault so I guess this is what I get . Please if someone can help me. My mind is so clouded and it seems like I can only think straight when I'm on a pill. Is this normal?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

As far as the pills: How much and what? I will tell you that I've been through w/d to 100 mg. of vicodin an worked through it. As far as w/d: you have the flu. And you are right, it is a mind game. And yes, it is normal to be afraid: terrified. However, you will find that the reality is not as bad as your brain is telling you. You are in panic mode right now: It's not as bad as you think. What you are going through is completely normal. Get mad at the pills: You can do this!

Peace,

Iloerose

Want_my_life_back is offline Junior Member

Thank you iloerose. I was taking percosets lortab or Roxie's. >> get 120 10/325 a month for about 4yrs until I didnt have insurance. Then I had a regular hookup of 100 oxycodone 15 I'd go thru those before the month would he up then go get lortab or Roxie's until I got the percoset subscription. I couldn't get the oxy 15 anymore so I can only get lortab.. It doesnt even get me high just tells my brain there's something there i guess. It does give me the energy I need to function at work but from going from 5-8 oxy 15 a day to 2-3 lortab 10 I have no energy by the time I get home. How long did you have the worst of the w/d's? How long have you been clean? That is so wonderful you overcame that. That's tremendous willpower you have. I know I have it in me but I have doubts. I guess that's my addiction talking. When you worked thru your w/d's how did you function? Whenever I had the flu I'm bed ridden.. Youre so right though that I'm in panic mode. I'm in all kind of modes cuz my brain is so clouded and probably confused too where it was getting all this medication now it's been cut short. Iloerose, I really don't know what feeling normal is like cuz I've been living on cloud 9 for years. I took the supplements in the Thomas recipe and I felt ok but I'm not sure if that was cuz I took a lortab 10 earlier that day. I know I can get thru this and with people like you and forum like these it makes it that much easier. ... THANK YOU