Tomorrow marks the start of a new day!
    livingdoll is offline New Member

Cool Tomorrow marks the start of a new day!

Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to vent a little. I have had an off and on love affair with opiates for about 11 years, I'm 26 now. It's been a long road with ups, downs, and everything in between. About 15 months ago my addiction started back up. I'm ashamed to admit that the birth of my daughter was my "trigger". Instead of being responsible and telling my doctor that I had a previous addiction, I sat there and said nothing as he approved the nurse to give me percocet every 4 hours in the hospital and wrote me a script of 30 to take home, adding "If you feel you need another refill, just call the office and ask." I got that feeling back in the hospital, that energy, that euphoria. Thats the moment I fell backwards, down the dark tunnel of addiction again. I started taking them, probably went through the script in 1 week, then called and got another. After that was done I learned that my boyfriend's sister knew someone that could get them for fairly cheap. I pretty much bought her whole script of 90 pills each month. Then eventually she started doctor shopping, got caught and no longer sold. Then I found someone else I knew that knew someone that had them and did the same thing. About 6 months ago I became friends with a mom at my son's school. She also had lots of pills that she was willing to sell! Pills really are everywhere and it is really crazy to me just how they spread like a wildfire! Unlikely people sell them-grandmothers, moms who are active in schools, doctors, the list goes on. I've been slowly cutting back on how many percs I take each day. I have cut down to comfortably being able to take 1 per day, I am proud to say that!! I have 1/2 left for emergency but hope I have strength to just flush it. Tomorrow I have decided to stop. Also, about 1 month ago I decided to stop kidding myself and go back on my Depakote ER (bipolar med). I just restarted my Zoloft tonight. I feel like the Depakote has helped me to come this far because I've really been able to cut down fast on my Percs. I had stopped taking my meds and in reality was replacing them with painkillers just to be able to say "Hey I dont take bipolar meds, See I'm happy and full of energy without them!!!" So I'm really hoping this is it and we will see how it goes tomorrow!!! Wish me luck guys, I'm wishing all of u the best of luck in your journeys too!!!

Izzn is offline Member

Hey living doll! I am glad you posted! Happy to hear you are giving your Rx meds another try, don't get discouraged if you don't feel 100% as soon as you would like, though. You know you are doing the right thing, both for yourself and your beautiful family, by ridding yourself of the percs in the fastest, safest way for you. When people around you start getting busted... scary, I know! ~~ you sound like you are feeling better and getting stronger every day! I will look forward to hearing back from you as to how you are doing. I wish you good luck, peace, and hugs.

livingdoll is offline New Member

Thanks Izzn!! Had a fairly good day today, really only bothersome withdrawal symptom was increased anxiety. Had slight sweating, decreased appetite. Hoping for a good night's rest and another step in the right direction tomorrow. I just have to get used to not have the "perc feeling". Did just cave in a few minutes ago and smoke a cigarette :-/ but oh well, one step at a time

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by livingdoll View Post
    Thanks Izzn!! Had a fairly good day today, really only bothersome withdrawal symptom was increased anxiety. Had slight sweating, decreased appetite. Hoping for a good night's rest and another step in the right direction tomorrow. I just have to get used to not have the "perc feeling". Did just cave in a few minutes ago and smoke a cigarette :-/ but oh well, one step at a time
    You are doing it! I had Restless Leg horrible horrible horrible for weeks and weeks, I am so glad for you that you are not feeling any of that. Giving up the calming feeling of our pills is hard and frankly I still miss it, but I don't want to ever go back. I agree with you about one step at a time, giving up ciggs is for another day!

SetMeFree is offline Member

Give us an update doll! We both decided to get clean on the same day (i think) so things should start to look up for you pretty soon. Don't lose hope!

Get as much exercise as you can and eat those fruits and veggies. That's what I've been doing anyways...