Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By LivingDeadGirl88
Tomorrow starts it...
    Charlene32 is offline New Member

Default Tomorrow starts it...

I took my last 6 hydrocodone today and tomorrow starts the first day to recovery. I cant stand always being broke because of these tens. Wary but optimistic about starting a new job and thrning my life healthier, just scared of wds. I was on the methadone clinic for 4 years and went from 190 to 30 then jumped off and was sick for 2 months. That was back in 2002. Now im 31 and have to come off 8 tens a day. I posted this to gain encouragement and a sence that im not alone. Any help on what ill be dealing with the next few days and any empowering messages are greatly appreciated.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome Charlene,

The bad news is that detox stinks. Period. The good news is that it's very much better than coming off of methadone. The half life is much, MUCH shorter. I've done this countless times from a far higher daily usage and each time was about the same. Day 1 I had a bit of anxiety most likely because I was just waiting for the symptoms to begin. Who knows. It was totally doable and I worked and did whatever I typically did for the day (except use). Even the first night, I was a bit restless but got some broken sleep in. Day 2, well the symptoms hit. Bathroom runs, hot/cold/ anxiety, RLS in epic proportions (and the RLS was my most problematic symptom), sleep almost none at all that night. Days 3 and four repeated Day 2. Day 5, I was still uncomfortable but could see myself rounding the corner. Less miserable. Very broken sleep. On the morning of Day 6 except for the bathroom issues, my physical symptoms were just about entirely gone. My legs were calm. I felt like I may have just gotten over the flu.

That's what to expect with detox and this time line is fairly predictable with short acting opiates. Some folks are sick on Day 1 and are done by Day 4.

1. Try to drink plenty of fluids,
    2. Keep the Immodium handy
    3. Eat as well as you're able and
    4. MOVE! You won't want to and I'm not suggesting you do an hour on the treadmill. Walk around the house. Do a load of laundry. Get outside and once around the house. Anything even if it's for a few minutes and try to repeat that as often as you can stand.

Don't let your inability to sleep frustrate you. Put the clocks away. I can almost guarantee that your sleep will be interrupted, if you can sleep at all. If you can, take it when you can. Don't worry about a quick nap in the afternoon if you're able to sleep. Get some old movies, watch TV, read countless threads here. Whatever it takes to stay busy.

Hope I didn't scare you. The anxiety you're feeling right now is probably worse than anything you are about to experience in the next 5 days. That's a fact. Keep posting and reading. Reach out to other members and connect. I'd spend hours in the overnight posting back and forth with people who were also unable to sleep or in a different time zone. This is totally doable.

Peace,

Cat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Thankyou Cat, I needed to hear that. I want to be done with these once and for all. It will definatly help talking to people on here. I wonder if drinking the days away would help. So not looking foward to this...

It realy doesint help that my bfriend is quitting also. I have no more money to support his habit as well as mine. Hes in a bad mood and doesint talk if he has none and im sick of it. Always complaining his stomach hurts and uses it as a copout to be lazy and play on his phone or sleep all day. Ok enough ranting. I can do this! Avoid him and his negativeness, stay on chats and take it day by day. I agree need to talk posts are the place to be.

Thanks yall for replying ... Realy hrd need emptionall support

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Char,

Sorry. Busy day. I had meant to check in with you sooner. Yikes about your bf. My son is an active H addict and lives at home. I have sat with him through detox more than once. When you talk about how your bf acts, it reminds me of my son. I used to be sympathetic with him knowing what he was going through. More recently, I have to tell you I don't have the patience because I do know what he's going through. I have to turn my back and roll my eyes. Tummy ache! Really?

I'll hopefully have more time over the weekend to check on you but if I don't appear immediately, please read around and check back. Find a good, long thread even if it's old. It's like reading a book and you're the main character. We are not unique, I'll tell you that much.

Peace,

Cat

LivingDeadGirl88 is offline New Member

I am waiting for 5:00 p.m. today to get here because that marks my 5th day with no hydro. Cat is right about the anxiety being the WORST of all the WD'S! This is my 3rd go at leaving these vile pills behind. First time I did it through professional detox using Subutex. Very minimal WD's compared to doing it without help. Second time I did it cold turkey, and that's what im in the middle of doing again. The anxiety and PAWS seem to be my kryptonite. Don't let it get the best of you. I'm here if you need to talk.
    silverlining1 likes this.

keepthechange11 is offline Junior Member

Hi Char,
    We are right about in the same place! I'm coming off of 60mg oxycodone daily for the past solid year. (But took it for several years prior, at lower doses). I weaned down all last week until I got down to 20mg these past few days. Last night was my last pill. It's coming up on 24 hours for me and I feel totally fine. No symptoms....yet. I know this is bound to change but I feel like the quick taper was very helpful in reducing the intensity of symptoms. I'll check in with you as well and see where you're at!

Well im glad im not alone and can reach out for support here. I slipped into getting 15 10s 3 days ago and did 9 throughout the day yesterday. I did 2 this am and have 2 left for tomorrow. I also start working 10 hr days tomorrow with a previous employer. Im scard i wont be up to par for her considering i used to be fast and on top of my game with the stupid pills in me. I know tomorrows the end of this rollercoaster. Just

Scared of the uncertain wds ill be facing. Its like quitting smoking but alot harder. I hope ill be ok. Maby working will take my mind off it.

Keepthechange let me know how your doing. We are in the same kinda boat. We can beat this!

Charlene,

Withdraw sucks as you and everyone else pointed out but the good news is no matter how bad you feel you will not die! It may feel like it but you will come out the other side. You have a lot of good advise given already, the only thing I can add is take hot showers as often as you need them. The hot showers really helped me when I was jumping around and could not stay still. Also stay hydrated!

You can do this and you are not alone!

I am only day 3 being clean. I am doing it with proffesional help. I found a local recovery center. I attend classes 3 times a week and they gave me Zubsolv which is working great! I don't know if this is an option for you but I highly suggest it! Both my husband and I are doing it together.

You have many cheerleaders here. It helped me greatly on Monday when I was going though it. Let me know if I can help in anyway!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

congratulations..
    will they taper the Zubsolv before you are done?
    i think that is a great idea lower doses than regular sub..
    take care
    Bette

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hey, Charlene....

I had to chuckle about the bf and the stomach aches.......my best friend (not boyfriend), also complains about the tummy thing. I know there is truth to it, but I get so sick of hearing about it.....to me, I feel it is just an excuse to lay around also. We have detoxed together before....unfortunately, not my first rodeo, and that drove me crazy.

You gotta worry about yourself, though, as this IS a personal commitment. And be giving some thought as to how you will handle the situation if HE doesn't carry through. It is hard to live around an active addict, I think. Cat would be the expert here, and it may be a little different with an adult child, than a boyfriend. Still, the constant knowledge that a pill, or whatever, is around.....can be difficult. Trust me on this. I had 18 months clean, and succumbed......at first I blamed it on me being tired, yada, yada.....but, it was my decision, and it was a horrible one, cause in no time, you back up to your former usage, and most likely more.

Hang tough!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-19-2015 at 02:37 PM.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Also, wanted to mention, I had to use immodium (more than prescribed amount) for my first couple of days, cause I had to work. But, after 4 days, I cut to only as needed. I believe that helped me tremendously.....just gotta be careful.

Bette,

Although I love the place and they offer tons of support, when I asked about what happens when I'm ready to get off the Zubsolv they said getting off is on me. I can take it forever through them as long as I attend continued maintenance. Apparently they have some people that have been on it for years and just continue to go. That was the only thing I did not like. Again the support is good. I attend 3 hour classes and they do a urine test every meeting so it keeps me accountable. They also watch your levels and took blood today to check on my other health. They even offer genetics testing. But no plans to get me off. Since I'm still so new in recovery I figure I'll get sometime under my belt to figure it out.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

i stayed on sub for about 9 months because i do not want to do this agin..
    so i took my time so i could make some major changes in my life..
    I dont know if that would work for everybody but I
    had been on high doses of methadone for 10 years
    after a norco addiction after a car accident..

So i had to get some things in order..
    I used the taper on here and jumped 7 months ago ..
    I worked through the taper but had a couple of hiccups in the road ..
    Not sub related..
    I broke 4 of my toes at work so went on work comp.
    So I was off work for a few months..
    it was actually harder to be off of work than to work..

I can get you the taper if you would like to look at it when you are ready..
    i don't know if they told you but sub can dehydrate you.
    so it is best to drink alot of water.
    Plus feels good to do as many postive things everyday in my recovery as I did negative things when i was using.
    for me using became a full time job..

what is your dose?

It feels good to have a future right?
    Sub is a great tool..
    Take care..
    Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-20-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Bette,

Thank you so much for the advise! I agree, I want to get some more time under my belt before I start tapering. I also had a decade of use. First norcos, then Oxys and then I moved on to harder for a little while. I'll def let you know when I'm ready and appreciate the help.

Ochhhh broken toes!!!!!

I'm actually on Zubsolv but I've heard it's just like subs. I take 3 a day.

It does feel great to have a future. As a matter of fact I feel better now than I have in a long time and if you would have told me that 4 days ago I would have not believed it. I'm just mad that I didn't do it sooner. I can't believe it!

keepthechange11 is offline Junior Member

Charlene,
    Hi! How are you doing? I'm on Day 6 and feeling ok. Exhausted as can be but happy to be off the meds. I haven't had the quick return to energy that others have reported. Mine is slllllllow going. Very tired every day that I wake up and I have to really struggle to get anything done throughout the day. I'm hoping next week is easier for me. I'm still sleeping awful. I'll get maybe 3-4 hours of sleep each night. It's getting a little better, though. The first few nights were definitely the worst, with only 1-2 hours of sleep total.
    Let me know how you're doing. Hang in there.