Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rivergirl12
  • 1 Post By Smilingstorm
  • 1 Post By Smilingstorm
  • 1 Post By rivergirl12
Tomorrow will be day one and I am scared.
    rivergirl12 is offline Junior Member

Default Tomorrow will be day one and I am scared.

I have been taking lortab 10's, 8-12 a day, for 3 months. I was clean for 4 years and somehow am back on this awful ride. I'm spending all my money, ignoring my responsabilities and basically ruining my life that was going fairly well. I can not take off work and have to talk to a hundred people and be pretty high energy at my restaurant/bar jobs. I have a big trip next month with my daughter and school starts august 22. I HAVE TO STOP. Any suggestions/encouragement/experience would be so much appreciated. This forum is the best thing I've found so far. Thank you for all the stories I have already read. I knoe I can do this but am still scared.
    Nolongerfooled likes this.

Also guys, should I taper because I can get more or just do this, going to work and all. The pills make me feel like I will throw up all the time, so it's not even a good feeling anymore. I'm so sad and disappointed in myself.

Smilingstorm is offline Senior Member

Hi! I have to be very honest and tell you that tapering is not good. If you have actually mentioned all of what you have been taking, going cold turkey is a good idea. If you are going to spend any money on anything, go buy some bananas, Imodium or generic, Advil, over the counter sleep aid, Hylands (non habit forming and at any store) makes a restless leg. I would buy some a multivitamin and b complex. If you can afford some L-tyrosine, get that! Lots of water and Gatorade.

I went off of the pills for so many reasons similar to yours over a month ago. I was able to work, volunteer and function during the WD. It wasn't pretty or easy but you have to do what you have to do. Two or three days of some super yucky no sleep sucky days.. But all manageable. I have a son and was able to care for him and me during the process. Weaning isn't really helpful. It's like prolonged WD! The opiates don't start to leave your body until you take your last pill. Hot baths help too!

Saying goodbye to those pills has been unbelievable. My time with my son is just so much better. Fun, meaningful and loving. I have saved well over 1000 dollars! It's so comforting to not be worried about how many left, who is going to contact me, did I bring my pills, etc..

I am a better employee. So much better in such a short time.

Yes, we all miss those darn pills because we are addicted but going back to them isn't an option.

You can do this! We will support you!

Ps. If you need to take a day or two off with the flu, your business owners will manage! I know, they need you. But would they want you to come into work if you were barfing or had a high fever? I would plan on getting the flu day two after the last pill. It doesn't really hit too hard until day 3. The worst is mostly over by day 5. You have a daughter, a trip, a family to care for... And you! Time to make the right choices and take the power away from those pills!

Sending you positive and strength!

- Stormy
    rivergirl12 likes this.

Default I can not take off work until Tuesday.

I'm thinking I will start on Tuesday, C/T. I can take wed and thursday off and possibly friday too but I've been w/d/sick a couple times in last month and I work as the manager of my brother's restaurant. Hopefully I can pull it off. I have one close friend I can be honest with this about but she will be disappointed in me also. I am hoping that it only being 3 months in and less than 8 taken on most days, it may be easier that years ago when I was doing much harder stuff. My legs have been goose-bumpy for weeks now and for me, it's an awful,uncomfortable feeling. I have some blood pressure ( metoprolol succinate 25 mg pills ) med that my mom uses, should I start taking it now and how often? I have bananas and all kinds of vitamins, benadryl, phenergen, advil and weed. The sweats at night are gross and bad and I'm not even in w/d yet. Thanks for listening.

Default Smilingstorm

Thank you! Youre reasons are very similar to mine. My daughter is 20, 21 next month and we have a big Washington wine-tasting tour to celebrate her birthday, been planning forever. She would be devatated to know I've fallen into the pill trap again. I refuse to let these pills ruin my daughter's trust one more time. I hate them, I hate I take them, I hate being an addict. So glad to hear your story and how well you are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by rivergirl12 View Post
    I'm thinking I will start on Tuesday, C/T. I can take wed and thursday off and possibly friday too but I've been w/d/sick a couple times in last month and I work as the manager of my brother's restaurant. Hopefully I can pull it off. I have one close friend I can be honest with this about but she will be disappointed in me also. I am hoping that it only being 3 months in and less than 8 taken on most days, it may be easier that years ago when I was doing much harder stuff. My legs have been goose-bumpy for weeks now and for me, it's an awful,uncomfortable feeling. I have some blood pressure ( metoprolol succinate 25 mg pills ) med that my mom uses, should I start taking it now and how often? I have bananas and all kinds of vitamins, benadryl, phenergen, advil and weed. The sweats at night are gross and bad and I'm not even in w/d yet. Thanks for listening.
    Hi! Our brains make us think we won't manage through the WD unless everything is perfect. It's not true. You will be surprised just how much worse we make it all to be.

Goosebumps and sweating already? Perhaps you should just take the jump? I only say this because tapering only makes the WD last longer in many cases.

I know nothing about heart meds! I would just try to stick with over the counter meds to get you through it. Just my thoughts. I took someone's Xanax for a few days and it only made the panic hit me harder day 4 or 5 just when I was getting through... In retrospect I should have just avoided them.

You sound ready and my apology for not seeing your response sooner. We are here to help you! Your health and your daughter are so much more valuable than the pills. This I know! Sending you positive. Keep us posted!
    Ricky71 likes this.

Default Thanks for listening. Taking the jump tomorrow.

My co-worker knows whats going on and will cover me at my main job. I'm scared of what I will be feeling the next few days or more but I know how important this is and I know I have to do it. Will keep posting and reading other posts as this is the best thing I've found so far without recovery meetings or going to a detox( which I could not afford anyway). So much great info here and touching, real stories of success.

Default Day 1

I can not take off work , have a few benzo's to help, lots of vitamons and I will be working while w/d. I also have bananas and blood pressure med. I'm scared but ready. Please send hope and good thoughts. I HAVE to do this.

Lara00 is offline New Member

I needed to hear that. "So much better in such short,time"

Jenny51 is offline Member

How is it going? Have you made the jump? I'm on day 9 and feeling much better today.

It's very bad. I made it through 12 hour shift yesterday-was awful. Worse today, chills and goosebumps the worse. I am so emotional and just awful. Any suggestions? Help. Thanks for checking on me and glad you are feeling better! What were you taking?

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

It's very bad. I made it through 12 hour shift yesterday-was awful. Worse today, chills and goosebumps the worse. I am so emotional and just awful. Any suggestions? Help. Thanks for checking on me and glad you are feeling better! What were you taking?
    rivergirl - stay the course! By day five the worst of the withdrawals will be over? You obviously get very sick during a cold turkey detox and that is why it is recommended to take time off of work, I'm sorry but if you have to call out of work then so be it "I feel like I came down with the flu, I'm throwing up, I have a fever, etc..., that's all you need to say"! Go back and read the the post from Stormy (Smilingstorm), she made some good suggestions to help ease the withdrawal symptoms. Only use the benzos at night to help sleep, do not use the benzos for more than 3-4 days, 5 days max! Benzos are very addictive so be very careful! Drink lots and lots of water and gatorade, stay well hydrated! Avoid all caffeine for the next week or so! OTC Hyland's Restful Legs for any RLS? Hot baths help a lot! Get in some exercise if you can?

Here's a link to the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

You can use the items in the Thomas Recipe to help with the withdrawals but again, be easy with the benzos! Keep us updated, we are here for you? Get through this now and you'll never have to do it again! Don't give up, it will get much better in a few days, I promise! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Jenny51 is offline Member

I was taking about 10 7.5mg Norco a day. It was really getting out of hand. 90 pills were lasting me about 8-9 days. I just had to quit. Immodium helped me. I took about 12 2mg tablets on day 2 (6 in the morning and 6 at night) and on day 3 I took 6 in the morning. I felt horrible and just kept telling myself it would get better and just hang in there. I am still emotional. Just go with it. It really will get better!

Default Day 1 and a half.

Thanks so much for your replies. I am an emotional wreck and feel so bad. I am staying at my parents while mu house is having some major water damage repaired and that makes it so much harder bc they are wondering wtf is wrong with me. My entire family has been through withdrawel and addiction with me in a huge disaster 4-5 years ago and I can't let them know now. I just took a phenergen, no leg problems yet? Took a xanax to sleep at 5 this morning and just took a handful of vitamins. Going to get gatorade and bananas shortly. This is so hard, I know I have to do it and am doing it. I have a small but strong support group that knows including my boss/brother in law and of course, this forum which is so helpful. Have a website meeting at 5 that I have to be at but other than that, off until wednesday morning.

Today is bad bad bad

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default river girl

dont give up the first 5 days are usually the worst i know its tough but i am here to tell you better days are ahead DONT GIVE UP YOU CAN DO THIS just like us it will improve do everything you can to keep it off your mind,we know how you feel it darkest right before dawn buy remember dawns coming very SOON hot soaks are great for physical withdrawals and 30 min of brisk exercise will help control your mind from making you think your crazy or something bad is wrong these will pass i promise you PLEASE DONT QUIT your almost there, keep us posted we are praying and pulling for you. YOUR GONNA MAKE IT AND BE FINE its a lot better on this side cant wait till your here with us, see you soon

Default I messed it all up

I could not take it, had to work and took some pills. I will have to taper off in next 2-3 days. This is ridiculous and I hate it.

Default What now?

I've used up my work days off and told people about it then broke down on day 2 and now 3 days back on 6-8 10 mg pills a day. I am leaving town in a week and few days, my daughter's 21st birthday is wednesday, noone knows I took pills again. Help. I'm miserable and feel very alone. I will have to taper in next 2 days and feel like >>>> while somehow working for days. My w/d symptoms seem worse than they should and it's so messed up.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Tapering is almost impossible..
    It just is to tempting to take just 1 ..
    So now you are going to work
    Tomorrow
    And Sunday
    Right?

Then when ydo you plan to jump?

It never gets easier .
    Not ever!
    Just to unpredictable.

What are your days off?

Because it is always going to be something..
    When are you leaving to go out of town?

What is your plan?

You can do this!

It s worth the fight..

I promise..
    3-5 days done!
    I will check back later
    Bette

Default Thank you for replying so fast!

I leave town next monday the 22, off days sunday and monday. I have to work 12 hour shift tomorrow. I can be sick sunday and monday, back to work tuesday. Trying to get some xanax to help but I don't know if that will happen. I have most of the other essential w/d items, immodium, vitamins, bananas, benadryl. The gooseflesh gets me the most and it's horrible. I have 15 pills right now, which I am ashamed of. I know the taper is almost impossinble, how is it even possible to go through such bad w/d's at 2 month daily dose of 60-80 mg's????? Is it just my head?

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

It is hard to say...
    I know it is scarey..

I had a pill habit about 12 years ago ..
    Started like yours..
    Then up to 50-60 pills a day..
    Long before people start abusing norco..

Ended up on methadone
    Dr thought it would be better..

It was till I started abusing it .

10 years on it..
    Now
    Finally > 2 years off methadone
    Because I went to sub..
    Now 19 months off sub..

I tell you this ..
    Because you have the opportunity to stop now!
    Before opiate maintence Meds..
    Which are very hard to get off of..

It is not entirely in your head..
    Does it really matter?
    It is
    What it is.

I would stop now..
    Tomorrow will be doable ..
    Sun - Monday will be day 3-4
    Tuesday you will be in the up side!

Then you will be done..

I think working is better..
    Keeps you out of your head!

What do you think?

Bette
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-12-2016 at 10:38 PM.

I think I have no choice but to try. At work now and have taken 2 today. If I stop now, Tuesday will be doable. I'll keep you posted and thank you.

I did it, with the help of my boyfriend, his farm for 4 days and valium and mushrooms and wine and weed. Day 4. I feel >>>>ty but it has to be on the up and up now. It can be done even tho I want a pill so bad right now, I will not do it. Hope this helps someone.
    ReadytoBHappy likes this.

See my reply, Bette. I did it. Thank you!