Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NeedLifeBack
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By KnotTonight
Trying to quit - need help and support.
    NeedLifeBack is offline Junior Member

Default Trying to quit - need help and support.

The mental part is so hard for me. Any time I quit I am depressed, tired, unmotivated. I have made it through w/d before. Any tips or supplements to help the mental malaise? The lethargy and depression and lack of joy in anything and no motivation is sooo hard. I will update my progress more as I go. Any support is appreciated and advice. I want to try and get some subs and do a taper but at the moment I am limited to some muscle relaxers rxed to me. It is hard to get out if bed, due to not being excited about life and poor sleep so I try and compensate by laying there trying to sleep and it doesn't help.
    Maxiedoodle likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there, welcome.

What are you using, for how long, and much per day? Or have you already quit? Sorry, wasn't sure from your post. Here are some supplements to help kick-start your mind's recovery:

A good multivitamin/mineral
    Balanced B-100 Complex (B vits are vital)
    Fish oil
    Extra potassium, magnesium, and zinc
    L-Theanine or GABA (for anxiety)

Also, there are some really good energy supplements out there: L-Tyrosine (must take B6 for it it work which is already in the B Complex), Mio Energy drops, VitaMelts, etc.

The lethargy, depression, lack of motivation (etc) is totally normal but will eventually pass. I know it sucks. It's the price we have to pay for abusing opiates. Have faith in your body's ability to repair itself and try to be patient. Daily exercise will make the emotional/mental recovery happen faster. Our bodies need to learn how to make their own endorphins again. It's just a matter of time.

It's really late. I'll post more tomorrow. Hang in there!!
    Kat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

KnotTonight is offline New Member

It's late and I cannot sleep either. I am 26 days clean off 2.5 years of messing with opiates, subs, w/e. This is the farthest I have made it and my only regret is that I didn't do this earlier. I have tried getting clean CT, with subs, with benzos, with tramadol and clonidine. You name it. What worked or is working for me was going to meetings several times a week. it builds up confidence that is hard to explain unless you go. Find a meeting. If the withdrawals are terrible then go the dr and get help. Because really, getting clean seems impossible in the beginning but it is the staying clean that is tough. You really need to want it and after about 2 weeks it seemed to get easier each day. Good luck.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

How are you doing now??? .. I am in day #1 of a horrible panic/pain mode from Fentanyl 100 mcg/hr withdraw. I had to remove my last patch (no refill for 36 hours) because it was crating blisters and pain/itch under it. That was 11 hours ago..and I already feel panic, horrible pain, diarrhea, nausea, cramping, paranoid, depressed. .. Did you do anything OTC to help?