Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Randy35
Uk codeine withdrawal help needed
    Jlb124 is offline New Member

Default Uk codeine withdrawal help needed

Hello. I’ve been addicted to codeine in various forms for about 5 years now. Currently I have been taking 32 nurofen plus daily. My stomach is starting to hurt and it’s been the scare I need to finally kick it. I live in a very small town and there’s no way I can go to my local GP’s for help. I can’t face the judgement and I fear my secret will get out and I’ll be looked at as a junkie for ever by all the locals. Is there anywhere else I can go for help? I desperately need to kick this habit before it kills me. I’m miserable and wasting my life away with this disgusting disease. Can anyone please help me, is there a clinic or drop in centre I could use instead of my GP? I need to do this desperately.

Anyone who can help? Please?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jlb124 View Post
    Hello. I’ve been addicted to codeine in various forms for about 5 years now. Currently I have been taking 32 nurofen plus daily. My stomach is starting to hurt and it’s been the scare I need to finally kick it. I live in a very small town and there’s no way I can go to my local GP’s for help. I can’t face the judgement and I fear my secret will get out and I’ll be looked at as a junkie for ever by all the locals. Is there anywhere else I can go for help? I desperately need to kick this habit before it kills me. I’m miserable and wasting my life away with this disgusting disease. Can anyone please help me, is there a clinic or drop in centre I could use instead of my GP? I need to do this desperately.

Welcome to the forum!

Every hear the saying that...."An addict alone is in bad company"? You'll drive yourself nuts keeping it to yourself. The best place to start is with your physician. Let them know you have a problem with the Codeine. Any good doctor will be more than willing to help you. I promise you won't be the first person he/she has had with a problem with narcotics. They can perhaps prescribe you some Clonidine that will help with wd's. It's a blood pressure med that's often used for detox. Your doctor will know this. Theres many other vitamins and supplements that can also help you get through this.

If you're obtaining drugs from other sources cut off those that supply you. Get rid of every bit you have.

Have you considered going to some NA/AA meetings? You'll be in the presence of others that know and understand what you're going through, and they will want nothing more than to help you. Don't be concerned about who knows what. Doing this alone is nearly impossible.

You said you're miserable and I totally understand that as I was too. I promise it will only get worse if you don't stop now. Took me nearly 18 years to figure that out, but I did it and now have about 3.5 years clean. So YES, you can most certainly do it too!

Randy
    DravenDomnq and Jlb124 like this.

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I have looked into NA meetings and I do intend to start attending them
    As I know I can’t do this without help. I just feel so ashamed going to the doctors. It’s like a dirty little secret. But my need to kick this has to be stronger than my embarrassment I know. Congratulations on staying clean. You are an inspiration.