using methadone to detox of off pills
    tracy3418 is offline New Member

Default using methadone to detox of off pills

is it common for a detox program (he said he was using pills only) to use methadone for a month and cut him cold turkey? He said that he only relapsed for a month. I am much more knowledgeable with suboxone for detox off of pills.

numbOne is offline Member

Seems like more info is needed...ike how much he was using and if the detox center tapered?
    Sounds careless tho given the information provided. My understanding is that methadone detox has been outdated by suboxone. Perhaps you were not given the full/correct story?

stellapierre is offline Junior Member

I have been at clinic for five yrs and I feel if I had researched methadone more thouroughly or read forums I don't think I would do it again. Ive been in withdrawals for about 3 yrs coming down from 360 mg to 15 as well as the first two yrs leading up to 360. I feltdecent from methadone for about 1 week then it seriously robbed my life from age of 25-30. I'm still on methadone and so far my wds have been worse than 3-5 80 mg oxys a day Bc at least from oxy it would last 2 days or so. Before going thru just make sure you ask questions as many as you can. At my clinic I know they offer a 6 month detox. Also you may want to check out suboxone or subutex. I was on it for 6 months but seeing how I was getting them through friends I could strayeasier than if I had my own script. They have online coupons

Also methadone withdrawals are worse than any other wds way more severe and for so much longer from my experience. Besides reg wd symptoms it makes you fat sweaty zitty and withdrawn. Not to mention nodding off from 3:00 on no matter what activity I would be involved in including working and speaking w a customer mid sentence. Definately one if my lowest point. I can kind of make fun of that situation now but at the time it was devastating and there wasn't ne thing I could do to remedy the situation and I slinked away w my tail in between my legs and felt like the BIGGEST loser in the world.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-11-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: cant type

I meant to say oxy detox used to be 12 days or so

mhelcl is offline New Member

There are much better alternatives than methadone and Suboxone. Try Kratom, it has a much easier withdrawal profile than either methadone or suboxone and Kratom has been used for opiate detox purpose for much longer time mainly in Thailand. The best part is that it stops all withdrawals within 20 to 30 minutes and it is available without prescription in the USA.