Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
Vicodin user (Prescribed) for 18 years. Withdrawals are getting the best of me.
    Cheve11e is offline Junior Member

Default Vicodin user (Prescribed) for 18 years. Withdrawals are getting the best of me.

When I searched Vicodin withdrawals I found the very old thread that I originally posted to following to.
    I was advised I'd get more help if I started my own thread so...

So here goes, baring my soul here!...

I was injured almost 20 years ago at work.
    Carrying a 600 Lb galley at work with 3 other people, using suction cup handles to lift with we had to move it the length of a larger airplane to install it in the aft section.
    the guy who was lifting on my side with me was having trouble with his suction cup breaking seal and letting go.
    The floor would get seriously damaged if we set it down so I would carry the load while he pumped his handle up to try to regain the seal so he could carry it.
    Needless to say my back didn't fare too well and in fact my neck was damaged as well.
    a short time later I was told I had a ruptured disk in my neck and two ruptured disks in my lower back... I wondered why I was in constant pain!

Anyway, 2 surgeries later, a discectomy for my lower back and partial fusion in my neck brought on some relief but I was immediately put on a regiment of Vicodin and told I was as fixed as I was going to get.
    I'm at a moderate level of permanent partial disability. Yeah... sucks.

Fast forward to today... On Vicodin as part of my daily life for 18 years, not a lot just 3 tablets, 7.5, cut in half, and a 1/2 taken every 6 hours, never more, sometimes less.
    2 months ago I decided I'd had enough and told my Doctor to get me off these dang things because this is no way to live and my back rarely hurts anymore anyway and when it does I can take alieve or something so his original plan was weaning me off slowly and in 11 weeks I am told I would be done.
    The 3rd week was real rough.
    After the 8th week I found I was no longer getting up on my own during the night to take my "Dose" and often missed a dose here and there.
    So as of Sunday morning, the day before Memorial day I went cold turkey, over 72 hours ago with no chemicals going in,

Monday was pretty hard, yesterday was easier but the real problem beside the weakness and shortness of breath is that After I'm laying in bed for about an hour my legs start acting up like RLS.
    I can't sleep through it no matter what the Doctor prescribes.
    We've tried Valium, and Halcion so far with no real results.
    Anyone have any firm suggestions?
    If I can't sleep, I can't work, if I can't work, I can't pay the bills.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

I never had a bit of RLS so I can't really help with that except to say that I've heard others say it does go away and I think it will go away pretty quickly. Also sleep eventually gets better. Things will improve a great deal if you give it a bit of time. I understand you need to sleep in order to work but hang tight and things will get better. I used OTC sleep aids some, but they tend to give me morning hangover, however they may work for you. I also now use Valerian root and other herbal aids which help a lot because I've always had insomnia my whole life even before I ever took pain pills. I think pretty soon (within a couple months) you will be very happy to be off the pills. I too took them for pain and just got tired of the side effects and after a while they don't really kill the pain unless you escalate up the dose and I simply was never going to go there, I didn't see the point. So like you I never was on a high dose but nevertheless after a lengthy time on them, it will take time for your brain to adjust and for you to get back to normal, so don't be discouraged. It took me a couple or three months to feel really back to normal.
    Cheve11e likes this.

Thanks for your reply and advice.
    I just read this (Sorry, copy and pasted it from a thread by Cat) and I gotta say, this is not what I was ever hoping to hear...

"Nah. Not PAWS. We all just expect that once we manage to get past that first week, we'll improve steadily and quickly. Ain't so. We'll never be the same and it just takes some time to get used to our new selves. Everything felt different to me. When I'd finally begun to sleep at night,even that felt different. In the beginning, the clock told me that I had slept for 5 hours but I didn't feel rested."

That scares the >>>> (Can I say >>>>?) out of me.
    Does this mean I will never feel back to "Normal"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheve11e View Post
    Thanks for your reply and advice.
    I just read this (Sorry, copy and pasted it from a thread by Cat) and I gotta say, this is not what I was ever hoping to hear...

"Nah. Not PAWS. We all just expect that once we manage to get past that first week, we'll improve steadily and quickly. Ain't so. We'll never be the same and it just takes some time to get used to our new selves. Everything felt different to me. When I'd finally begun to sleep at night,even that felt different. In the beginning, the clock told me that I had slept for 5 hours but I didn't feel rested."

That scares the >>>> (Can I say >>>>?) out of me.
    Does this mean I will never feel back to "Normal"?
    Okay that may be true but here's the thing: For anyone who has been on opiates for many years, they have also gotten older during those years. When we get older, we change anyway even if we never touch a pill our whole lives. We don't sleep as well, our energy and stamina goes down, our minds and our cognition slows, we don't bounce back from pain and injury as easily. So yes, your new normal will not be like you were before you ever took pills. But there is no way to determine what is normal aging and what might be damage from drugs and I believe it's pointless to try to tease out the difference. But yes, you cannot expect the normal you end up at to be how you felt 20 years ago, you were 20 years younger then! But it's nothing to fear.
    foolishness2016 and Cheve11e like this.

I think what I need out of the new normal is no more RLS, That's sheer H**L.
    No more anxiety, or shortness of breath
    No more sleepless nights.

I don't expect miracles in the energy department because face it, I got old but right now I have zero energy, Nada.
    One of my hopes when I decided to get off the opiates was that maybe I'd find interest in other things that I used to be crazy for.
    I have a beautiful Motorcycle that just sits because I lost interest, Same as a Chevelle Hotrod that I personally built myself. I have property on the coast that I plan to retire to in a year or so but I haven't even been there for 7 months because my interest level is nill.
    I understand the dopamine provided by opiates starts to get in the way of natural occurring dopamine and serotonin that would otherwise give me some joy naturally, I want to experience natural joy and not chemical induced joy.
    I refuse to ever allow myself to take another opiate of any kind, period, I will not relapse because I will not allow myself to fail.

I'm going to try to peel myself off the couch today and go for a walk in the trails through the woods behind the house but I've had that plan for a couple days now and never seem to get it accomplished.
    Maybe today's the day.

This is just the 5th day off opiates? You are still in the middle of withdrawal. All your feelings are normal. Interest in things will return, the joy will return. It takes a little time. You might feel physically weak for many more days but don't despair. There will be gradual improvement. Taking a walk is a good idea.
    Cheve11e likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome Cheve!

I just wanted to clarify that statement of mine and to apologize if it scared you. That particular statement was made as a part of a response to someone believing that they were experiencing PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome).

My experience (and I have lots of it!) is that your RLS is going to subside very, very soon and it will end abruptly. It was always on my Day 5 or 6. It's true that a good night of sleep is apt to take a bit longer than that but this is different for everyone. I used high doses of opiates for many years so it only makes sense that it took me longer to bounce back. The other part of that statement that we'll never be the same wasn't intended to be a bad thing. We're different now. Not in a bad way, we're just different. We just need to get used to how we feel without a pain pill. Much like when someone quits smoking and they don't know what to do with their hands for a while. Then they get used to it.

Do not despair! You will find joy and a new found interest in the things that you once enjoyed and you will appreciate them a lot more too. Your use was pretty low and I wouldn't expect it to take you very long to begin to sleep better. In fact, as soon as the RLS lets up your nights will be more restful. From what I read from your initial post, you jumped Sunday morning. That means you are finishing up Day 3. I hope it helps to know that you are better than half way through the worst of it and in another couple of days, the RLS should be all but gone. That was the worst symptom for me too so I sympathize with you. A heating pad set on low and wrapped around my legs did give some relief so you could try that. Hot baths DO help. Take one just before bedtime. There is an over-the-counter supplement called Hylands Restless Legs that a lot of people swear helps a lot or another called Calm Legs. Either can be found easily at most any grocery store or pharmacy in the vitamin aisle. You can try Melatonin, also over the counter, to help with sleep. It doesn't work for everyone, but it's inexpensive and worth a try.

I apologize that my other post scared you. I try to never use the word "normal" because what is normal anyway? What's "normal" for you may not be "normal" for me. I've never needed more than 6 hrs of sleep a night so that's my "normal". Other people can't function without 8 or 9 or more.

You did a wise thing, in my opinion, to just stop taking whatever you were taking. You said you had been tapering. How much were you taking prior to Sunday? I honestly think that you're going to bounce back pretty quickly. Keep pushing through in the meantime. Try and stay as active as possible and eat well. Being strong and healthy is the single one thing that will help you the most.

Good luck. You're almost there!

Peace,

Cat
    Thisweekforsure and Cheve11e like this.

Bugsmomma is offline Member

Hey Cheve,

Congrats on day 3!! You are doing awesome!! You will get your lust for life back, I think opiates make us stop caring about anything. From what I've read it takes time.
    I'm on day 5 of withdrawal from a low dose of oxy, my thread is in the "Need to talk" forum if you want to read it. I won't take over your thread. I will tell you I just had one of the best days of my life on day 5. I hope that gives you some hope. Check out almostfree's thread as well, she's on day 24.

Cat & ThisWeek will not steer you wrong either!!

I will say I feel you on the RSL. I thankfully didn't have it this time but it's my most dreaded withdrawal symptom, I hate it even worse than the insomnia. I've tried the Hylands Rest Leg stuff and it does help a bit and super hot baths and the heating pads. I agree with Cat, it really should ease up in a couple days. It was a dreaded symptom but it also usually went away way faster than sleep came back, at least for me.

Again congrats!! Keep posting, you can do this!!

Much love,
    Maggie
    Cheve11e likes this.

Well, here it is almost midnight and my darn legs are at it with a vengeance.
    This is by far the worst I've had it. I left the bed to my wife so she can sleep, why should she suffer?
    No sleep tonight as much as I'd like to.
    I'll get up, walk around the house a bit and go back to bed to keep trying to sleep but I'm only getting 15 minutes to 1/2 an hour before I'm tossing and turning and jogging in place.
    I have "Withdrawal Ease" coming and it should get here day after tomorrow. Better late than never I guess. I really hope that helps, Any one have luck with it?
    I looked up "Seratame" for guaranteed RLS relief but it's really no different than Withdrawal ease in it's ingredients other than a strong magnesium which would give me diarrhea anyway and honestly, I have enough on my mind without that.
    My Doctor suggested I go back to the latest dose of the pain cocktail he's prescribed for me for my own benefit but that feels like it would be going backwards to me.
    I was at week 8, I would be at week 9 out of 14 tomorrow if I hadn't stopped taking it on Sunday morning.
    Even though it was a slight taper, about 20% less each week than the prior week, 6 times a day I was still fighting each drop in dose and feeling pretty miserable. I want the misery over and done with once, no more steps down....

I didn't have the RLS until I quit cold turkey.
    Oh well sucks to be me right now.
    It will be 4 days in 4 more hours and I hope the RLS starts to taper off soon, I've taken this week off from work, I'm lucky that way but if this isn't letting me sleep in 3 more days I could be in trouble at work and I'm only months from retirement.

Hey Cheve,

Congrats on Day 4!! I really think you are so close to the physical withdrawals easing up. I'm on day 6 and my physical symptoms are mostly gone. I know everyone is different though.

I'm not sure what to say about going back to your taper. I will let one of the members with real clean time help you with that one. I mean you're on day 4 though, I think you will be turning a corner very soon.

Hang in there!!
    I'm having a rough morning myself, feelings all over the place.

I hope you ended up getting some sleep!
    Keep us posted!

Much love,
    Maggie
    Cheve11e likes this.

Good morning.
    So at around 1:30 AM I took another Halcyon ((triazolam) to try to sleep through the RLS and it worked.
    My wife got her sleep, got up, did dishes, fed the dogs, drank coffee, Heck... she could have vacuumed the house for all I knew but I got some sleep.
    It appears that 2 Halcyon is what it takes although I've taken 2 before and still been plagued with RLS.
    Where is the rhyme and reason?
    I didn't wake up until around 6:00 AM to use the restroom and went back to bed until 8:45 or so.

Why did I feel zero RLS while falling back to a un-aided sleep between 6:00 and 9:00?
    Is RLS just a way to mess with your mind until you finally say screw it and take a dose? (Which I refuse to do)

Good for you! And ya I think it is just your body trying to get what it thinks it "needs".

Glad you ended up getting some sleep, when you get a good rest that seems to help quiet a bit.

Happy Day 4

Maggie
    Cheve11e likes this.

The worst of the RLS may have passed. I've been through this too many times and every single time after having another nightmarish night with it, morning broke and it was gone! Very abruptly. Just gone. Let's hope that's what just happened for you. Usually on Day 5 was when the RLS exited but I was taking far higher doses than you.

Fingers crossed that the RLS took a hike.

Peace,

Cat
    Cheve11e likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post

Fingers crossed that the RLS took a hike.

Peace,

Cat
    Thank you, I truly hope you're right.
    I have this week to get through the worst of this then I need to go back to work.
    If I can't sleep, I can't work.

Well here it is night time again, My wife's asleep and I'm in the living room with my legs crawling.
    This really is getting old.
    I tapered with the help of a pain cocktail to begin with, subtracting 20% of the last weeks dose.
    I was taking 3 Norco, cut in half, taking a half every 4 hours or so. Not much...
    But I'd been taking it for over 18 years. Never wanting more.

For the first week the pharmacist ground the equivalent of 21 (one weeks worth) of norco into cherry syrup.
    Every week he would subtract 20% of the Norco from the mixture.
    I would take 10 Ml evey 4 hours (2 teaspoons) measured precisely.
    I got into the 8th week, 8th bottle which would be equivalent to taking a fairlly small dose every 4 hours.
    At that point I decided to just stop the process and go cold turkey the rest of the way.
    I was feeling like garbage by the second day of the new dose drop anyway so I decided to get the WDs done and over with.
    I can put up with a lot but this RLS is pi$$ing me off. I'm also not sleeping even with the help of Halcyon and Valium 5s.

I know I've stated this all before , I'm just bored, alone in the dark, waiting until I feel like I can crawl in bed.

Hey big Pharma.... This He!! is on you... I'm certain with all you can create to hook people on your poisons you can create something to get them off of it by now... Shame on you.
    Iluv2smile and Catrina like this.

Good Morning,

Is today Day 5? I think it is if I remember. You are almost there. I promise you are almost there. I'm sorry you had another tough night. There just is no easy way to do this. You were on such a low dose by the time you quit, once you get past this part, the RLS that was the hardest part for me too by the way, your nights will be better.

Keep checking in. Has your doctor tried to prescribe anything for the RLS like Requip or Gabapentin? I honestly don't think you'll need it now. You are sooooo close. Hang on.

Peace,

Cat
    Cheve11e likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Good Morning,

Is today Day 5? I think it is if I remember. You are almost there. I promise you are almost there.
    Keep checking in.
    Has your doctor tried to prescribe anything for the RLS like Requip or Gabapentin? I honestly don't think you'll need it now. You are sooooo close. Hang on.

Peace,

Cat
    Hello Cat, yes... This is day 5 as of just a few hours ago!

My Doctor tried me on Gabapentin years ago when I wanted to get off Vicodin and I had a very strange reaction to it.
    He/They tried many different types and brands and strengths of various anti depressants to help with the pain from the surgeries but all made me sick or even pass out. Google "antidepressants for nerve pain" and read all the bad parts, that's what I dealt with... Lucky me.

The decision was always to put me back on Vicodin.

I spent one year, 365 days as a living zombie when he tried to replace my Vicodin with Oxy... Said 2 pills would last all day instead of taking a half of a Norco every 4 hours or so.
    He explained Oxy was for chronic pain while Norco was for acute pain so it was the wrong thing to take.
    He made me a deal to give him one year to prove him right... He wasn't.

When that he11ish year of non-functioning was up both my wife and I demanded he get me off the Oxy and Opiates in general.
    That was 4 years ago and he never brought up changing my meds again.

My body reacts very differently to certain meds that others can take without incident, I have no idea why.
    For instance, I was prescribed clonidine to help with the daytime WD symptoms but it only exasperated them, making me worse than without them... That took me a full week to realize.
    Some days I had no idea where I was as I was driving. I got rid of the clonidine and that part went away.
    My Pharmacist told me, "Not everyone gets along well with clonidine" and since my same Doctor has been treating me for over 6 years you would think he would have known of my bodies' reaction to certain substances ESPECIALLY since he is a Professor of Pharmacology at a well known teaching Hospital locally.

Last night WAS better (Knocking on wood as we speak)
    I refuse to say I'm over a hump because every time I say that I get slammed back into the ditch between humps.
    So for right now, this minute, I feel better than I have for a while.

My God, I did a bit more research into what my Doctor has prescribed for my "Mild Hypertension" here on "Drugs . com"
    I understand we're not supposed to paste links, so I wont but take a look at Losartan Side Effects here on this site.
    I hope this is acceptable to post up... This is from a list of the typical side affect of the drug, I will delete the ones I'm not dealing with...

More common:

Abdominal or stomach pain
    anxiety
    confusion
    depression
    difficult breathing
    dizziness
    fast heartbeat
    frequent urge to urinate
    headache
    increased hunger
    irregular heartbeat
    lower back or side pain
    shakiness
    shortness of breath
    troubled breathing with exertion"big time"
    unusual tiredness or weakness
    weakness or heaviness of the legs

Since my BP is not too high usually, Mild Hypertension is what they call it, I think I'll be asking him to get this garbage out of me too.
    No wonder, so many "light bulb" moments happening right now.

Cheve,

Wow, those side effects sound scary. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Way to go on getting to day 5!! I'm glad you were able to have somewhat of a better night.

I just wanted you to know I've been following your thread.

Maggie
    Cheve11e likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there !
    Welcome
    Well you have definely taken the scientific approach to tapering..
    I feel that doing what you did and just jumping in the end is best too..
    Might as well start counting clean days and feeling good about that..

Have you tried the Hylands restless leg OTC ?
    Or
    Lyrica..

It will get better I promise..
    18 years is a long time..
    The real kicker is we also aged during that time..
    Who knows how that will feel until we are clean enough to experience those growing pains..

Honestly it takes a good 2-4 weeks clean to really evaluate our pain and how we really feel..
    I was on pain Meds for years from a car accident
    Than because I was addicted to them could not get off..

But now 2 years off methadone
    16 months off sub

I can see now the pain Meds caused more pain than I really do have..
    Excedrin works great..
    Who knew? Lol
    I have a torn rotator cuff now but I know the pain will not kill me..
    But the opiates will..

1 person dies every 8 mins. From something opiate related..

It is strange to say the least!
    We are lucky ( blessed ) to be clean..
    And
    You deserve to be clean
    And to have a new life free from dependancy....

You are there!
    Rockin it clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette
    Cheve11e likes this.

Thanks Maggie, My Doctor isn't working today, I think he's teaching today but I have a call into him, He'll call back.
    He's actually trying to take good care of me.
    I have no Halcyon left... OOPS should have kept a better eye on my meds.
    Sleep may be hard to come by tonight if he doesn't get back to me to refill them.
    For some unknown reason, Valium won't do squat to help me sleep but it does make me smile! (just a joke, I don't abuse!)
    Bugsmomma likes this.

Thanks Bette.
    I'll never let another opiate in my body again.
    Next is the blood pressure, I need to lower it so I can get off those meds too but one thing at a time I guess.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Sumtin2hope4 is offline Member

Hi all, I'm also new to this! Chev im exactly at the point you are! Exactly! Monday was my day 1 as well! I will say I'm actually seeing the light! For the first time in days I made myself get in the shower put on my makeup and actually get dressed! It totally helps to try to get moving! Yesterday was a rough one for me! The anxiety was killing me.. I actually got a little bit of sleep last night so that was encouraging! I just keep telling myself if other people can do this so can I!!

tomorrow my best friends daughter is getting married and I'm going to be so pissed if I miss it! But I'm having major anxiety thinking about going!! It's 3 hrs away and we were supposed to spend the night and hang with them on Sunday but I'm soooo scared to be in a big crowd and trying to put on a happy face! They have no idea what has been going on with me.. I'm not sure what to do?? Any advice?
    Cheve11e likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumtin2hope4 View Post
    Hi all, I'm also new to this! Chev im exactly at the point you are! Exactly! Monday was my day 1 as well! I will say I'm actually seeing the light! For the first time in days I made myself get in the shower put on my makeup and actually get dressed! It totally helps to try to get moving! Yesterday was a rough one for me! The anxiety was killing me.. I actually got a little bit of sleep last night so that was encouraging! I just keep telling myself if other people can do this so can I!!

tomorrow my best friends daughter is getting married and I'm going to be so pissed if I miss it! But I'm having major anxiety thinking about going!! It's 3 hrs away and we were supposed to spend the night and hang with them on Sunday but I'm soooo scared to be in a big crowd and trying to put on a happy face! They have no idea what has been going on with me.. I'm not sure what to do?? Any advice?
    I recently felt pressured (by myself) to go to my cousin's 50th birthday BBQ. there were a lot of people there I didn't know and most of what's left of my family too. I knew I'd feel guilty if I didn't go so I forced myself to just do it.
    I told my wife that when I said it was time to leave then that meant right then, not half an hour, not just soon but right away... say goodbye and go.
    I was still in my "Weaning" stage at that time so I still had small amounts of opiates in me to cope as I weaned off.....

I honestly regret having gone, I was terrified for some reason, I was paranoid, I was basically a social (forgive the term) retard.
    In hind sight I should have stayed home and took care of ME and not worry about whether or not my cousin would miss me being there.
    In my opinion, if you have any reservations at all about being in that crowd or any crowd don't go.
    I still feel bad for just sitting there like an idiot, afraid to strike up a conversation with anyone because I was seriously confused about everything at the time.
    Instead, go for a walk, somewhere nice and peaceful.
    Then once you've kicked this thing, and you will but only if YOU really want to, talk to your friend about what you went through and why you couldn't go.
    If she's truly your friend she'll understand completely.

We're gonna make this happen. We'll kick it together.
    I will never allow another opiate in my body eve again.

Sorry I keep posting but I feel like this is my only way to get through this hell!

Cheve, I'm in your same boat as far as the sleep goes too! I have insomnia anyways and I have been on ambien for years... And of course I'm out! The one time I really truly need it!! My boyfriend has Valium and Xanax that he has been giving me one of each a night just to get through this week and please know that I also am sleeping on the couch so I don't keep him up.. With that said, I still can't sleep! Last night was the 1st night I think I slept for like 21/2 hours... Which is great but coming from someone who has relied on ambien every single night to go to sleep, it makes it even harder.. Honestly I know I will never take another pain pill nor do I want to but I would give my right arm for a bottle of ambien right now!!!!! I get my script on Sunday and can't wait for it! I have decided that I will hand them over to my guy so he just gives me one! Otherwise I know what would happen! Yep! U guessed it! They would probably be gone in a week!
    Cheve11e likes this.

Omg!! Thank you for the response! That is what I needed to hear.. I was already paranoid, panicking, and having major anxiety thinking about having to go.. I went to the grocery store for the first time yesterday and I was even afraid to talk to anybody there! We will do this together!! We are both very lucky we have such supportive other halves! My guy had no idea I was taking those evil things until Sunday.. I successfully hid my addiction for the past 3 years that we have been living together.. It was such a burden off of me to finally get this out and let him know what has been going on.. He has been very patient, loving, and understanding BUT unless you have walked in these shoes that we all have been wearing for so long, I really don't think a "clean" person has any idea of how hard this is and how bad this entire process sucks! Straight from that first little devil!!

I hope you are doing well and feeling better today!! We are gonna DERAIL this CRAZY train once and for all!!

)
    H
    Cheve11e likes this.

BTW... I will NEVER allow another opiate in my body ever again as well! That is a promise!!!
    Cheve11e likes this.

OMG.... I slept
    I woke up a few times to use the restroom but hey, that happens with age.
    I fell back asleep each time.
    I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks but I think the Withdrawal Ease actually helped.
    Maybe I'm over the hump? Knock on wood, I don't want to jinx this...
    Bugsmomma and Catrina like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheve11e View Post
    OMG.... I slept
    I woke up a few times to use the restroom but hey, that happens with age.
    I fell back asleep each time.
    I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks but I think the Withdrawal Ease actually helped.
    Maybe I'm over the hump? Knock on wood, I don't want to jinx this...
    YAY!!! Don't know either if it was the Withdrawal Ease or not but ALWAYS my legs calmed down by Day 5 or 6 the latest. You've definitely gotten over the hump. Will it be perfect here on out? Probably not. But things will be much better.

WOW on your doctor. Hmmmm I know you said you've been with him for 6 yrs. What I've learned along the way is that doctors are not God and although we often follow them like sheep to the slaughter, it's best to educate ourselves. I'm not talking about self-diagnosis either compliments of Mr. Google. That can just drive us nuts (and our doctors too). But it is important to research our symptoms and most especially what we've been prescribed if only to question them. Pharmacists are sometimes the better resource and I honestly think that nurses are a good one too. They seem to listen better and perhaps aren't so "confident" (better work than cocky).

Glad you're sleeping and feeling better. You've done awesome.

Peace,

Cat
    Cheve11e and Bugsmomma like this.

I've still got a way to go, started out feeling great this morning but as the day goes on I'm feeling less than good.
    I know there's more surprises in store for me in the coming weeks but I'm glad I listened to myself as I knocked on wood this morning and just decided to take it easy at home rather than pushing myself to get out.
    I know most people say to get on with your life and get some exercise, go somewhere, do something, but I'm treating this like the flu knowing that the unpleasant effect can raise their ugly head at any time.
    Thank god I stocked up on Imodium AD.

Thanks to all for the kind words of encouragement, It does help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast