Vision problems
    Athena2121 is offline New Member

Default Vision problems

Has anybody else had vision problems while going thru withdrawal? I'm on day 5 of detox and noticed my vision is a little worse than normal.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Worse how? Blurry? Spots? Flashing lights?

There are a couple things I think might affect vision in the early days of detox. First, your pupil size might vary compared to what you are accustomed to. Pupil size affects how much light reaches the retina but also the clarity of the image (smaller pupil means slightly sharper, bigger pupil the reverse).

Next tearing, the film of moisture over the cornea can increase during detox which can either cause blurriness or paradoxically sharpen the vision due to prism effect.

Anything abnormal other than that such as flashes of light, areas of darkness (no vision) or loss of central vision or a curtain coming over your field of vision, or showers of debris clouding your vision, should be considered a medical emergency.

Athena2121 is offline New Member

Thanks for the response! You know the crazy thing is I can see better without my glasses today! I'm on day 6 and feeling so much better today. I'm actually craving some food. I guess I should have my eyes rechecked after about a month.