WD are killing me any remedies?
    readytobedone77 is offline New Member

Unhappy WD are killing me any remedies?

I've been taking oxycodone 30 mg and hydomorphine 8 mg almost every 2 hours sine September. I had fractured my back and was prescribed percoset 5mg. I upped my own dose from people I knew and now want to stop. I took my last one about 24 hours ago and now I can't sleep. My restless legs are going insane and my body can't decide whether it is hot or cold. Please anything helps

Almost-Free is offline Member

Hi readytobedone.

Welcome to the boards and congrats on taking the first steps to recovery. It's not an easy road but you wil feel soooo much better very soon. I am on day 7 of a cold turkey WD from a long term perc/oxy habit, so I know exactly how you are feeling right now.

Your best bet is to take a look through these threads. There's a lot of great advice here. There is also something called "The Thomas Recipe", a combo of supplements and other things to help alleviate the syptoms (including a supplement that helps with RLS) and get you through.

The good news is, if you do this now, you'll never have to go through it again. And as miserable as you feel right now, WD won't kill you. But if you keep using you're only doing more damage to yourself.

Today I feel better then I have yet. The worst of the physical symptoms will definitely lessen after around day 5/6. I am totally struggling with the sleep issue but have been told that takes a couple of weeks to really improve.

Be sure to drink lots of fluids. Take hot baths/showers. Move around a bit, increasing your exercise each day. Be sure to eat. And don't beat yourself up. You're doing an AMAZING thing for yourself. It won't happened overnight (as our habits didn't just appear overnight) but it will be totally worth it.

And know that you're not alone. These boards are a great place for support as you will soon see.

Congrats and good for you!! You can soooo do this.

readytobedone77 is offline New Member

Day 3 is so rough. Sleep last night was awful tried to go out drinking with friends to see if the alcohol would put me to sleep. Bad choice it didn't work and now I feel worse than ever hungover and dealing with my wd