will I be normal again?
    petsrule is offline New Member

Default will I be normal again?

Ok.... been here reading. I am another that is going ct from pain meds. Have a reason for them, but abused, same ole... I am on day 3 and physical is ok. Mental sucks... searching all of the places I kept them. hitting the couch and looking at the clock. when does the mental need go away? I just want to know I will be normal again. realize that activity will help but cannot get up. Cannot believe pills are controlling me to this extent. Any advice will be appreciated....

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

LOL, I've done the same thing so many times: searching under the bed, in drawers, in pants pockets. You're on day three so your definitely getting over the physical thing. The mental part is forever. The cravings will slowly start to subside, but you can never let your guard down, EVER. The pills will rule you to an extent, stay vigilant. Many people seek out NA meetings, because NA provides a framework and a network. One thing we tend to do as addicts is the false notions that since we've been off for a bit we can just take one. That is a trap, one is too many and 1000 are not enough. Stay Strong. Post.

Peace,

Iloerose

shawn156 is offline Member

The mental thing is hard to get past but it will be worth it when it does pass.I am dealing with this myself but I am not having any cravings for the pills,it's more like a mental fog from the time I wake up until I go to sleep.

having it so bad... I cannot function... I hope this passes

doing better..... fyi

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Get yourself some of the supplements from the Thomas Recipe. Gatorade will help with RLS as will Hyland's Restful Leg. Immodium w/ loperamide will help. Also exercise, I know, I know, how hard that is but even if it's a walk around the block, that will help. Stay hydrated, water pure fruit juices.

roxypas is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawn156 View Post
    The mental thing is hard to get past but it will be worth it when it does pass.I am dealing with this myself but I am not having any cravings for the pills,it's more like a mental fog from the time I wake up until I go to sleep.
    OH God , How long have you been clean? Still Foggy?Thank you

shawn156 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by roxypas View Post
    OH God , How long have you been clean? Still Foggy?Thank you
    I have my days still where it creeps up on me.I also have Fibromyalgia so I will have the fog here and there.
    The other day was very strange.I started having cravings and w/ds from the pills after nearly 3 months. I am not sure why it happened,maybe delayed reaction? I am better now but with the new back problem that was discovered a few weeks ago,not sure how long I will be able to handle staying clean.I get some days where I feel find,others I just want to crawl in a corner and hide my back hurts so bad.