Actiq
    floydr is offline New Member

Default Actiq

I am currently taking 600 pg Actiq suckers. Has anyone had withdrawals from these. I would like to know what I am getting into before I start really using them for chronic pain management.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6

rankin2436 is offline New Member

Angry What a Country for Healthcare

I am hoping this reaches you before you lick one more Actiq lollipop. This is a great pain control medicine but sooner or later your health care provider will find a way to stop you from getting it. I cannot document the following but I truly believe that because of my using this RX I think it was used to dismiss my wife from her job of 6 years.I was using one sucker per day or approx thirty to thirty six per month.I was paying a 5 dollar copay and as I stated earlier controlling my Anklosing Spondolitis disease process pretty well. The actual cost of this drug is the problem 30 lollipops in generic form carry a cost of approx 680 dollars per month. I cannot find any assistance or help with Actiq and since my wife lost her job Medicare will not help to defray the cost. Now for the good news ,I dont really think that outside of a literal interpretation of addiction I had a real problem using 1 per day but when I was forced to stop I have never been sicker in my life. I would like to sugarcoat this but get ready for panic attacks of 10 to 12 hour duration ,vomiting until there is nothing left to vomit ,head ache ,flu symptoms 10 times the worst flu I have ever had,and anger for having ever used the drug in the first place, good luck to you but get out now because you wont believe you could endure what will happen I hope doesnt happen to you. It made me understand what a drug addict probably goes through and how a little sucker can make you so ill when they pull the rug. Pfizer MFG. should be ashamed what they charge because even the most financially fit would have trouble coming up with an extra 600 to 1200 a month for this RX . best of luck and I beg you even though I dont know you dont start because the finish line is a living hell Gary

John Weelsen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rankin2436 View Post
    I am hoping this reaches you before you lick one more Actiq lollipop. This is a great pain control medicine but sooner or later your health care provider will find a way to stop you from getting it.I cannot document the following but I truly believe that because of my using this RX I think it was used to dismiss my wife from her job of 6 years.I was using one sucker per day or approx thirty to thirty six per month.I was paying a 5 dollar copay and as I stated earlier controlling my Anklosing Spondolitis disease process pretty well.The actual cost of this drug is the problem 30 lollipops in generic form carry a cost of approx 680 dollars per month. I cannot find any assistance actiq or help with Actiq and since my wife lost her job Medicare will not help to defray the cost. Now for the good news ,I dont really think that outside of a literal interpretation of addiction I had a real problem using 1 per day but when I was forced to stop I have never been sicker in my life. I would like to sugarcoat this but get ready for panic attacks of 10 to 12 hour duration ,vomiting until there is nothing left to vomit ,head ache ,flu symptoms 10 times the worst flu I have ever had,and anger for having ever used the drug in the first place, good luck to you but get out now because you wont believe you could endure what will happen I hope doesnt happen to you. It made me understand what a drug addict probably goes through and how a little sucker can make you so ill when they pull the rug. Pfizer MFG. should be ashamed what they charge because even the most financially fit would have trouble coming up with an extra 600 to 1200 a month for this RX . best of luck and I beg you even though I dont know you dont start because the finish line is a living hell Gary
    Interesting experience.... I think you are right... Actiq is not usually lollipops... it's drug and you need to remember this.

IfItDoesTheTrick is offline Junior Member

Default crazy people writing crazy things

I was on actiq, which is a lollypop usually given to kids in severe pain, but adults too. it is the instant release version of the patches but most times a patient on the patch wont need a break through medicine. I was on 10 a day 1600mcg. Yes they are expensive unless you have a good provider.
    yes if you stop abruptly you will have massive withdrawal symptoms, but I went to another med from an extremely high dose of this med and had no trouble. I have a good doctor that understands conversion rates though.
    I would just recommend switching meds (cross tolerance) every six months to a year though to avoid too much dependence on one chemical.