chlamydia infection
    tinna is offline New Member

Default chlamydia infection

i was diognosed with chlamydia infection, and i was given doxycyclin for 7 days( 2 pills per day). i started to take the drug yesterday , but i did not fell good today, i have symptoms such as short of breath, vomiting, ect. I went to the doctor again today, she asked me to stop taking doxycyclin, and gave me azithromycin( 4 pills taken once as a single dose). I am still a little bit worried about this drug, i am afraid i will have the same symptoms after taking this drug. right now, i have not had any symptoms for clamydia infection, does someone has the same experience as me?

Anonymous Guest

Hi Tinna

Azithromycin is generally well tolerated. It sounds like you had an allergic reaction to the doxycycline. I put up a little info for you.Its important that you take care of this, So you dont have problems down the road.

Chlamydia is known as a "silent" disease because about three quarters of infected women and about half of men have no symptoms. If symptoms do occur, they usually appear within 1 to 3 weeks after exposure.
    All sex partners should be evaluated, tested, and treated. Persons with chlamydia should abstain from sexual intercourse until they and their sex partners have complete

Women whose sex partners have not been appropriately treated are at high risk for re-infection. Having multiple infections increases a woman's risk of serious reproductive health complications, including infertility. Retesting should be encouraged for women three to four months after treatment. This is especially true if a woman does not know if her sex partner received treatment otherwise re-infection is possible.
    Hope this helps a little,Melinda