Darvocet Addiction - Need Suggestions
    drugquestion is offline New Member

Default Darvocet Addiction - Need Suggestions

Hello. Please excuse me if you've read part of this before. I posted it as a response to someone elses similar problem but I didn't get any responses. I have been taking Darvocet for chronic pain for about 3 years. About 5 months ago I increased my dosage to about an average of 5 a day >>. the 2.5 a day that I had been taking for the period before this time. My doctor said that I shouldn't worry about addiction. Stupidly, this is the 1st time that I've searched on the Internet regarding Darvocet addiction and he's obviously wrong. I need help with suggestions. It is not an option for me to go to a clinic. I can't be known in my town or our social 'circles' as having this problem. I can't be seen at a meeting in fear of someone finding out. I wish that I could but I don't want to embarrass my husband. Can someone tell me what kind of withdrawl symptoms that I should expect from Darvocet? After doing a bit of research I see that it's a bit different than Hydrocodone so I'm hoping that withdrawl won't be as bad??? It seems to be a 'synthetic' narcotic yet does cause addiction. Thank you for any help that someone can provide. A thought that I had this morning which may help others in the same situation - I'm trying to look forward to feeling better after I get off of this drug and how much stronger mentally that I will be - not to think how I am losing something. I haven't quit yet so this is easy for me to say now.

nomoremeds is offline New Member

Were you succesfull getting off this drug. I am in the same situation with Darvocet and not looking forward to the next few weeks.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Darvocet it not as bad and the withdrawals are not as long lasting as some drugs. The easiest way to do it yourself it to just slowly cut your dosage until you don't need any. I recently was switched from darvocet to neurontin and what I did was slowly cut the number of pills I was taking in a day until I got down to one and then none.

Chronic Pain sufferer from severe spinal scoliosis with herniated discs and pinched nerves.