I need help with drug costs
    handle83 is offline New Member

Default I need help with drug costs

My Name is Rodney, I am a 39 yr old. I live in Oklahoma,and I have a kidney transplant, and I have diabetes caused by my medicine. I have lost my job, and insurance. Can anyone tell me of any programs where I can obtain my drugs( Prograf, Cellcept, Prednisone, Lantus, and Avandia.) I don't want to be sending money into a scam. Please any assistance in this endevor would be greatly appreciated.

esm_chick is offline Junior Member

i saw this on Tv last night they say if you pay over 100$ a month and you have no insurance that you can get you rx for free 1800-6830106

trecrop is offline Member

Call the county office or the city office and ask, maybe your old doctor. Not sure if they have free insurance for peopole like yourself there, but they do here in Oregon.

prissy is offline New Member

I sent you an email of information but wanted to post here as well so others will also know.
    The drug maker of the medicine you take will have a patient assistance program. Its not widely enough known. I only found out about it less than a year ago and so far I am recieving two of my meds this way without charge and applying for another two.
    Of course there is a qualifying process but is ver painless. I am on disability and have medicare but of course they dont pay for meds (yet), at any rate, my income from disability is to high to qualify for medicade or even the local district clinic, but not enough to even have to file taxes. This is because of our government making such drastic cuts in the wrong areas that really need the help [}].
    So, I have no med coverage, I make to much for medicade or district clinic. So this is where the drug company steps in with assistance, they put a higher cap on the income you can have to qualify. It will need a dr's prescreption and on the form the dr's signature and prob his DEA number or what ever dr number that dr has.
    It has been taking 4-6 weeks to get approval.
    So you and anyone else that had no knowledge of this that could benefit from this, look in to it.
    It sure has helpped me.
    Good wishes!

prissy

goldy is offline New Member

You must do your homework.You write to the companies or go on line and see what they have to offer.I get some of my Meds totally free from companies.You must fall in their guide lines .You sound like a person that would have no problem.

goldy

goldy is offline New Member

There is a web page or site called Needy Meds you will find it quite helpful.It got some of my "meds free or half price.Go to Google and key in needy meds.Let me know how you made out.Goldy

goldy

hecate12 is offline New Member

I go to

www.needymeds.com

and get most of my meds for nothing.
    What they do is get you lined up with the prescription medication company and they determine your income >>. cost of med.. (blah blah blah)

Good luck hon

p.s.
    also if you are lazy (not saying anything wrong with it lol)
    you can also go to ...

http://www.freemedicinefoundation.com/

and they do most of the work for you for a price which isn't too out of it.