Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree56Likes
I need your advice: my pain mgmt dr is failing me
    User88 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Sounds good. Hopefully he'll comply.

Randy

I think I have found a really GOOD Dr! Here is his response.

RE: Medication Question

Message body:

Sure. We can make a referral. Will get you registered at your next visit.
    Dr. xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Randy35 likes this.

So that I don't drag uninterested people into a debate they don't care about, I started another topic with a new title about whether or not the ORIGINAL Doctor that I WAS seeing, is the proper person to be managing peoples pain, their lives or if he should running the Pain Mgmt Clinic? This is NOT about the new Dr that I am seeing now who I have great hopes for.

Followup info:

Since my last update with you all, I have been consistantly taking the 2mg morning / 2 mg evening Suboxone doses with 100% success.

My new Dr is 100% supportive of this dosage, and has also referred me to the MN Cannabis registry which I started the process of getting approved. (relatively simple but the only catch is that insurance will not pay any Dr fees nor cover the cost of any prescriptions.)

As a result, I am going slowly since it will be all out of pocket expenditures but am not feeling or sensing any pushback or resistance to the registration process and its been user friendly thus far. 99.99% of it is online registration, which it should be in 2017,eh?

So...so far, so good!!
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by User88 View Post
    Followup info:

Since my last update with you all, I have been consistantly taking the 2mg morning / 2 mg evening Suboxone doses with 100% success.

My new Dr is 100% supportive of this dosage, and has also referred me to the MN Cannabis registry which I started the process of getting approved. (relatively simple but the only catch is that insurance will not pay any Dr fees nor cover the cost of any prescriptions.)

As a result, I am going slowly since it will be all out of pocket expenditures but am not feeling or sensing any pushback or resistance to the registration process and its been user friendly thus far. 99.99% of it is online registration, which it should be in 2017,eh?

So...so far, so good!!
    Good! Glad that things have settled down and that your doctor is on board. Perfect. If you are having 100% success, may I ask why you want the cannabis? Just wondering.

Peace,

Cat

Cannabis is because I intend to get off of the Suboxone, and the 100% success is with withdrawals control. Not with pain. The pain is still extreme. So I need some pain control option.
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by User88 View Post
    Cannabis is because I intend to get off of the Suboxone, and the 100% success is with withdrawals control. Not with pain. The pain is still extreme. So I need some pain control option.

Hello!

Glad you're doing well on the subs, but sorry about the pain you're experiencing. I'm glad your doctor is so understanding to your concerns and is willing to help you through this.

Concerning the subs....you've been on the 4mg daily dose for several days now. Perhaps it's time to consider reducing that dose by 25% down to 3mg per day? You don't want to rush things, but you sure don't want to become too complacent either. If you've had at least 4 days and been stable with little or no wd's then I would suggest you reduce as mentioned to 3mgs per day.

You can split that dose and take 1.5mg in the am and 1.5mg later in the day as you have before. It may take a day or two for your system to accept the newer dose, but it will.

Spend at least 4 days on the 3mg and if stable you can reduce again by 25% down to 2.25mg per day.

If you're not ready to reduce that's perfectly ok at thiis time. Just give it some thought.

Randy
    User88 likes this.

I will study it. I am unsure whether I am ready to make the move yet to smaller doses but I see the logic of it.

I will keep it in mind and give it some thought. thanks Randy and Cat!

UPDATE

Last Thurs I made the drive to St Cloud to the Leafline pharmacy and met with their pharmacist who outlined the cannabis medication options I had.

He sent me home with a vape pen with a two cartridges, one daytime and one evening category. And also an oral solution that you take a tablespoon of and it will help you sleep.

I drove home about 90 miles, hoping as I did that I would get some positive relief from this medication. I did what needed to be done around the house and then decided to try the vape pen, I suppose about 6pm. Less than an hour later I was in an ambulance headed for the ER. I took one puff off the stuff, started feeling awful and called 911. My throat was burning awful and swelled shut.

I remember small bits and pieces but to say that my body didn't like the medication is a polite assessment. The medics gave me some things that didn't work and then got me into the ambulance and rushed me to town. I faded in and out but I do remember the medic working on me urging the driver to "go faster, his bp is off the charts" and everything was a blur after that. The next thing I remember was someone that hit me on the chest with their fist and screaming at me. I woke up to that and faded out again.

The Dr tells me I went into shock and that I had a very bad reaction to the medication. He formally suggested that I not take it again which I agreed would be wise.

Long story short version: I will not be taking any of the MN cannabis medications for pain. Nothing in the world is worth ever going thru that again!

The St Cloud pharmacy that I got the meds from called me back after I called down there and cancelled future appts. and was very apologetic and politely wanted to refund all my money. I told them I appreciated that and would find some way to get the medications back to them and get the refund, and left it at that.

I am still taking the Suboxone 2mg at 10am and 2mg at 8pm.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-19-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123