New to Forum and Sobriatety
    donrocko77 is offline New Member

Default New to Forum and Sobriatety

I've been on methadone for 3 years now. I think I'm just beginnig the road to recovery. Before the methadone I was taking roxy, diladid and xanax. I was a walking atomiton who was mentally and spirttualy dead trapped in a prison of my own design. I probably am lucky to be alive. I have no pain or mental issues(besides stupidity) which make what I did even more ridiculous. I was also taking 10mg a day of xanax for 2 years. So, about 1 year and 3 months ago I decided to get clean. First I tappered off the xanax till I was down to 1mg a day. Then cold turkied it. The first week I did not sleep or eat. After a week I started sleeping or at least something like sleep. I was getting this weird tick everytime my mind shifted into sleep mode. Not to mention the other 4 or 5 wd symptoms. Finally after about a month I started feeling normal(on methadone) again. Since then, no xanax. Now the methadone tappering has been great so far.. Started going down 10mg every 3 weeks till I got to 100mg. From there 5mg every 3 weeks till 10mg. From there 1 mg every four weeks. Now I'm at 5 mg and feel absoulutly incredible. It's like a giant weight of fog was lifted out of my head. My mind and emotions are back, not to mention lebito. When I first started going down I was petrified of DT's. Not that this whole experience has been sunshine and rainbows, but the tappering so far is nothing compared to the Xanax wd. I have a support system at home, I also disassociated my self with all my friends that do drugs, even alchol. Not much for the 12 step program, so I started going to church (which I have been in one before) with my grandfather. Since I decided to get clean I have not drank in 2 years, no pot 2 years, and no pills exept hydrozine at night. I know it far from over but right now I'm takin it one day at a time. If I get off this stuff I will NEVER put my mind and body through this nightmare again.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-15-2010 at 02:55 PM.

donrocko77 is offline New Member

Default spelling

Damn, I typed this real quick and then tried to spell check, said my time to edit is up. So sorry for the spelling errors.