new to pain management ND questions about doctor
    GenerationX is offline Banned

Default new to pain management ND questions about doctor

Hey guys. I am new here. Found the forum while searching online.

A bit of history about me

I am 31 years old and used to drink a lot. I drank my pancreas stupid. After 6-8 acute pancreatitis attacks a year, I was finally diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis. But idiopathic. My enzymes fluctuate for no reason at all. Some days they will in the normal range. Some days they will be like 50-60 points higher than normal (lipase). And some days they wil be in the 200-500 point range.

A gi doctor wouldn't help because he couldn't find the reason as there's no physical scarring and no issues with any tests other than the constant severe pain, rise in lipase and amylase, and constant nausea and diarrhea.

So after years of fighting with doctors. I finally got into pain management 2 months ago here in Ohio.

I got prescribed percocet every 8 hours 5/325 and zofran 4mg every 8 hours. I tried it for a little over a month and it helped but not the entire 8 hours. So I got moved to every 6 hours.

I've only had 1 appointment with my .pain doctor. To sign the opioid contract and to do a check on me to verify I am in pain. Other than than. I call in every time I need a refill and haven't seen my pain doc since. He doesn't even give me physical scripts to take to my pharmacy. He calms them in or scripts them over the computer.

I guess my question(s) is/are...

How can my doctor cAll me in 120 cll narcotic pills every month. I thought they had to give you a script paper with the new laws

My second question is. Why don't I ever see this doctor?

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

As far as I know the laws vary state by state, or by country.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Why don't you call and make an appointment?