overdose
    leeanne is offline New Member

Default overdose

How many clorazepam would my daughter have to take for it to be fatal?
    She is on .5 mg. but she says she is tired of living and I'm afraid that she may be considering overdosing.

mellenfan is offline New Member

It would probably take at least 1Gram and she is taking .5 mg so i wouldnt worry too much but if you can keep the whole bottle from her and just give her medicine to her as prescribed that would be the best bet . Or get her to the doctor to maybe change her medicine to help her not feel this way anymore .

kvasir is offline New Member

It's unlikely that benzos will cause a fatal overdose. My mother attempted to OD on chlorazepam a few years back - took her entire prescription in one go. She couldn't move for a day and couldn't function for four after that, but all it really did was convince her that she needed real help.

I'd be more worried about non-prescription painkillers than this family of drugs.

RIVEROFDECEIPT is offline New Member

AFTER READING WHAT RESPONSES YOU GOT REGARDING OVERDOSE, PLEASE PLEASE LET ME SHARE THIS WITH YOU. MY HUSBAND WAS A >>>>>> ADDICT MOST OF HIS LIFE, HE HAPPENED TO BE A FUNCTIONING ONE FOR THE MAJORITY OF HIS LIFE WHICH ENDED ABRUPTLY AT AGE 46 FROM O.21 nanograms per milliliter OF >>>>>>. THIS WAS A GUY WHO HAD A BIG HABIT AND WAS USE TO A CERTAIN AMOUNT. WELL, REGARDLESS IF IT IS ILLEGAL OR LEGAL AND YOU HAVE TAKEN THE SAME DOSE FOR SOME ODD YEARS THERE IS THAT ONE CHANCE IN TIME IT WILL KILL YOU. I KNOW, I WAS THERE, I KNEW WHAT AND HOW SMALL AMOUNT HE DID FOR HIS HABIT. SO YOUR DAUGHTER DOES NOT WANT TO LIVE, I WOULD TAKE THAT VERY VERY SERIOUS IF THAT WERE MY DAUGHTER AND PLEASE TRY TO TALK WITH HER AND GET SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP AS SOME PEOPLE WHO MAY ADVISE YOU ON THIS SITE JUST HAVE NO IDEA. GOD BLESS YOU. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND IT IS TOTALLY A HIT AND MISS SITUATION IN MY EYES.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I'm a recovering addict (25yrs) and I once had a nurse say to me"it's like playing the slots,eventually your going to hit the jackpot"in this case though your number is up.I don't know why but that has stuck with me for the last 3 yearr (last time I took drugs)....Dave

Always consult a MD first

rainbowclouds is offline New Member

Listen to RiverofDeceipt and mpvt. Do something and don't just wait and see. I don't know how old your daughter is but you need to get her back to her doctor for a reaccessment. It could have been she was just having a bad day or it could be she has thoughts in her mind. Most doctors because of privacy laws, if your daughter is an adult, can not discuss patient information, but you can tell her doctor your concerns. Talk to her don't nag but talk to her. Let her know if she needs to talk you are there and willing to help and not judge. Tell her that you won't be angry with her if she feels she needs to talk to a counselor, a clergy person, a medical profession. But don't just sit back and wait and see. It could be she was just having a bad day like we all have or it could be something more serious. Which chance are you willing to take. I'm 35, and I know of 3 different instances, where 3 different young people, as we were growing up, tried in their own way to tell people they needed help and were thinking of killing themselves. They didn't come right out and say it but they gave clues here and there. All 3 are gone now because no one took the little sayings here and there seriously. If only we had of listened or talked to them it might or might not of made a difference but at least we could of said we did do something. I'm not trying to scare you and this could be nothing more than a bad day or a bad interaction with the medicine, but don't just sit by and do the wait and see aproach. Seek medical advice, talk to her, look up side effects of the medicine, talk to her some more (but don't come across as nagging at her, do it with love). Talking as nagging at someone only brings nagging back but talking to someone with love helps to bring love out.