seroquel
    monabeene is offline New Member

Default seroquel

Why have i gained so much weight since I have been taking this medicine? What is another medicine like this one that want have this side effect?

Samee is offline New Member

I take Seroquel also, but I don't know how much you take or if you are taking it with other medications. You can check the database here at Drugs.com or better yet ask your dr. I take a total 175mgs./day and my weight goes up and down about 4 pounds. It is possible as noted above it is a [u]combination of medications </u>you are taking. I also take other anti-depression Rx's. If it is a small amount I would not worry, but if it's alot, get it checked. Hope this helps and you find an answer.

lesliel is offline New Member

Hi Monabeene:

I take Seroquel for sleep/50mg and if I take the whole 100mg it knockes me out. I don't understand what other uses seroquel are for. My psychiatrist prescribed it to me for sleep, but I am also bipolar, so he may have had other intentions as well. I haven't gained weight, but I have IBS, so I struggle to eat anyway. I just don't understand why you are gaining weight and think it might be something else you are taking.

Grendizer Guest

Hi,

I was taken off Risperidal for the weight gains I had, and was put on Seroquel, all becasue I had told my doctor about my weight gain.

I can surly say that Seroquel has kept my appetite at the same level, and I have continued to strugle with my weight, but have lost considerable amount of kilos due to my Gym program, still however is my big appetite.

Kind Regards