Taking Lupron for the 1st time - need advise
    woowoo110 is offline New Member

Default Taking Lupron for the 1st time - need advise

I am trying to get pregnant and my doctor wants to put me on Lupron during days 2, 3 and 4 of my next cycle (to prevent early ovulation). I had a 1 time seizure (and I want to keep it that way) back in May of 2001. Reading some of the side affects of Lupron is scaring me to death. Has anyone else taken Lupron? Any advise is welcome. Thanks.

shrodie is offline New Member

I have just received my 3rd shot of Lupron. I am taking it for State IV endometriosis which I have had my whole life and never knew until February when I had laproscopic surgery to remove a cyst. During that surgery it was determined that I had severe endo encorporating both of my ovaries with lesions attached to both my bladder and bowel. It was decided I would take Lupron to shrink the lesions to prepare for a hysterectomy. I have had hotflashes and nightsweats but they are not debilitating. Although I have struggled with weight, anxiety and depression most of my adult life, I have not suffered from headaches, insomnia, anxiety, depression, weight gain (I have actually lost 15 pounds without trying), bone pain or migraines.
    I have never tried to get pregnant, but I have suffered from terrible painful periods for the past 25 years of my life and since taking Lupron, I am for the first time pain free and unbloated. I write this to be a positive response for those making the decision to take this medication, because although I certainly don't wish to discredit any persons experience on this medication, I feel it is important that people who are reading these to make the decision to take this medication know that there is a person out there that is glad that they took Lupron.

littlemm422 is offline New Member

It is really comforting to know that Lupron has been a positive experience for you. My doctor recently suggested that for me instead of having laporoscopic surgery again. I was struggling with the idea of all those side affects but your comments have eased my mind a bit. Thanks!

Lyliana1277 is offline New Member

I'm considering becoming an egg donor. I was researching the drugs that I would have to take to do this, and the overall reaction to Lupron really has scared me away. Does anyone have any experience with egg donation and Lupron? Would it be worth it to take this drug? Any help is appreciated.

Stacia