xanax and methadone
    JBC911 is offline New Member

Default xanax and methadone

How do I detox the xanax. I am very dopesick

crazyme is offline New Member

Default don't mix them.

I don't know about detoxing off xanax, I struggle with that myself. But almost a year ago I overdosed on xanax and methodone and it almost killed me. I couldnt breathe on my own for 10 days, and I turned 20 the day I woke up. The doctors said I probably wouldn't wake up, but I did. I just recently detoxed myself from methodone, but now im subtituting it for xanax. Im back in na and trying, u should do the same.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-16-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by crazyme View Post
    I don't know about detoxing off xanax, I struggle with that myself. But almost a year ago I overdosed on xanax and methodone and it almost killed me. I couldnt breathe on my own for 10 days, and I turned 20 the day I woke up. The doctors said I probably wouldn't wake up, but I did. I just recently detoxed myself from methodone, but now im subtituting it for xanax. Im back in na and trying, u should do the same.

That post is two years old. That person is not likely going to read your reply. What do you mean you're substituting it for xanax?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

crazyme is offline New Member

Default 2 years old, so what. I still can't share?

Well, It means instead of taking methodone I've been taking xanax. Not that it is any better but in my head im not on methodone. Both and more are problems that I have to deal with that keep bringing me back to the same place.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by crazyme View Post
    Well, It means instead of taking methodone I've been taking xanax. Not that it is any better but in my head im not on methodone. Both and more are problems that I have to deal with that keep bringing me back to the same place.

I don't know how much xanax you are taking each day or how much methadone you were taking before. A benzo in small doses can actually help some with the detox if you aren't currently taking any methadone. You're not giving us much info to work with here.

Is NA helping? Have you got a sponsor and have you started working the steps yet? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.