Cat that has major problems with fleas
    TimStevo is offline New Member

Default Cat that has major problems with fleas

Being a huge animal lover I have both cats and dogs in my household. My dogs all seem fine however two of my cats have got fleas and no matter what the vet has prescribed or what I have used they do not seem to want to go away which is very distressing for my cats.

Has anyone else ever had this problem and what was your solution to solve it?

EatingDuping is offline New Member

I have a flat can and regular (once every 2-3 months) I use some drops.
    That helps.
    But that depends on the season as well - i summer such problems are more regular to happen.

catsrus is offline New Member

Take the cat to your Vet and ask for a Flea Bath with medicated soap....the cat more than likely will have to be a little sedated but these flea baths usually work better for an infestation that won't go away....it may take one or two baths to get rid of them all. If your Vet does not do this ask if he/she knows of one that will or if a dog groomer will do it....ask your Vet for a mild sedative to give your cats before taking them to "a qualified" groomer who is willing to give your cats these flea baths...some will and some won't. I use to work fir a dog groomer and they did it there.....but I STRONGLY suggest that if you do this ask the groomer if you can be there during the bathing so you can help in keeping the cats head above the water! If they won't let you do this find another groomer! Then when all the fleas are finally gone you can use one of the Vet prescribed flea protections they have like Frontline!