Birth Control Advice
    alexandra85 is offline New Member

Default Birth Control Advice

I was hoping for some advice about my situation. I was on birth control a couple years ago for about 8 months and had some bad experiences so i went off of it. Im currently in a serious relationship and am sexually active. I really dont want to get pregnant right now so im reconsidering going on the pill again but im a bit scared because of my bad experience.
    When i was on the pill i tried 2 different pills- tricyclin low and alesse. I started with tricyclin low for about 2-3 months and noticed for the first time in my life i was gaining weight, a lot of weight so i switched pills and immediatly lost all that weight. So i was on alesse for about 5 months and after about 4 months started getting chronic yeast infections! one after another. I would take medication for it but as soon as i got over one yeast infection i had another one in a matter of days. So i went off the pill and then the yeast infections stopped and i've had only one since then (that was about 3 yrs ago).
    So does anyone know why i might have been having so much trouble with the pill? and have any recommendations on what i should do? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

CPhT-Robert is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by alexandra85 View Post
    I was hoping for some advice about my situation. I was on birth control a couple years ago for about 8 months and had some bad experiences so i went off of it. Im currently in a serious relationship and am sexually active. I really dont want to get pregnant right now so im reconsidering going on the pill again but im a bit scared because of my bad experience.
    When i was on the pill i tried 2 different pills- tricyclin low and alesse. I started with tricyclin low for about 2-3 months and noticed for the first time in my life i was gaining weight, a lot of weight so i switched pills and immediatly lost all that weight. So i was on alesse for about 5 months and after about 4 months started getting chronic yeast infections! one after another. I would take medication for it but as soon as i got over one yeast infection i had another one in a matter of days. So i went off the pill and then the yeast infections stopped and i've had only one since then (that was about 3 yrs ago).
    So does anyone know why i might have been having so much trouble with the pill? and have any recommendations on what i should do? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Yaz or Yasmin (Ocella) are fairly common BC's... As far as the Yeast infections - just be careful down there.. :P