Campral question
    Katiejc is offline New Member

Default Campral question

Hello,
    Could someone please tell me if campral can cause fluid retention? I have been taking them for 3 weeks for alcoholism. They are working well to stop my cravings. But all of the sudden I'm gaining weight and I notice my hands are very swollen. My face looks like a pumpkin in the morning! I also have swelling under my eyes. I'm really worried!!

Geriwong is offline Junior Member

hi,
    campral usually causes nausea, vomiting or diarrhea as side effect, it is very unusual to cause fluid retention although i cann't totally rule out this possibility. However, it should be noted that alcohol itself is a diuretic (which means it makes u remove more water from your body than usual), and a sudden stop of alcohol intake MAY cause your body to remove water less than usual (here usual means in your drinking days). This is a theoretical possibility and it may be true especially if you are a heavy drinker for a prolonged period of time.
    i suggest you wait and see if the problem improves for a few days, and it doesn't go away, better check with your physician. At this stage, u may wanna avoid drinking lots of water before sleep to alleviate the problem.
    Hope this may help.

Anonymous Guest

quote:Originally posted by Katiejc

Hello,Could someone please tell me if campral can cause fluid retention? I have been taking them for
    I got loads more to say about that, but I gotta run - Later!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-29-2018 at 11:12 PM.

zippysgoddess is offline Advanced Member

Actually, Geriwong, I am not sure where you get your information, but Edema is a regularly reported side effect of

"Body as a Whole" Frequent : headache, abdominal pain, back pain, infection, flu syndrome, chest pain, chills, suicide attempt; Infrequent: fever, intentional overdose, malaise, allergic reaction, abscess, neck pain, hernia, intentional injury; Rare: ascites, face edema, photosensitivity reaction, abdomen enlarged, sudden death."

You will also find it listed on several other sites as well as a potential hazardous side effect. You should call your doc and discuss this with them immediately.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-29-2018 at 11:12 PM.