Can i ask a doctor or pharmacist this question?
    Stella Richards is offline New Member

Default Can i ask a doctor or pharmacist this question?

Hello,

Right here goes when you see a doctor for an infection and they give you a coarse of antibiotics how does a doctor know how many tablets will kill your infection?And how does our brains know when we,ve finished the coarse, so lets say i have a chest infection and given a coarse for 21 days how will my brain know that i have finished this coarse and the infection is gone?How does a doctor know this will be the right amount of tablets?
    Im sorry this is long winded i know what im trying to say but putting it down is hard lol.I hope you can understand a bit
    thanks very much

Visa India
    Indian Tourist Visa
    Tourist Visa to UK

anna2009a is offline New Member

that is up to you.what kind og realtion ship you have with dr. or some one.
    so be carefull with whom your dealing

blueberries is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Richards View Post
    Hello,

Right here goes when you see a doctor for an infection and they give you a coarse of antibiotics how does a doctor know how many tablets will kill your infection?And how does our brains know when we,ve finished the coarse, so lets say i have a chest infection and given a coarse for 21 days how will my brain know that i have finished this coarse and the infection is gone?How does a doctor know this will be the right amount of tablets?
    Im sorry this is long winded i know what im trying to say but putting it down is hard lol.I hope you can understand a bit
    thanks very much

Visa India
    Indian Tourist Visa
    Tourist Visa to UK
    -------------------------------------------------
    The recommended dose and length of therapy for specific infections can be found in sources available to the doctor and pharmacist. That information is based on research and patient response. Your brain doesn't have to know much except that you are feeling better. lol And if you don't feel better after a certain amount of time, the Dr. may want to change the antibiotic.
    Hope this helps!
    Pharmacist

johng652 is offline New Member

Blueberries has it right. I would only add that you should complete any course of therapy the doctor prescribes unless otherwise instructed. Just because you start to feel better does not mean the infection being treated is gone. Quitting an antibiotic early can lead to the emergence of a drug resistant strain. Then it becomes more expensive and dangerous.