Differences between Wellbutrin SR and Wellbutrin XL
    klopper22 is offline Member

Default Differences between Wellbutrin SR and Wellbutrin XL

I started on 150mg Wellbutrin SR yesterday and had a headache, nausea, confusion and felt like I had a lump in my throat all day.

I took one of my wife's Wellbutrin XL pills today and had NO bad side effects. The XL worked great too - gave me energy and took away my social anxiety.

What are the main differences in these that would make them so different? It seems like SR (sustained release) and XL (extended something) would be about the same.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Actually the SR (sustained release) is a 12 hour or twice daily medication while the XL (extended release) is a 24 hour or once daily medication. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

klopper22 is offline Member

For one being a 12 and the other being a 24 hour med, I sure can tell a huge difference.

My son has an appt next Tuesday and i plan on discussing the Wellbutrin stuff with him then.

When it works - at least from what I can tell early on - it works really well for me.

Thanks for yourn reply Robert.