interactions from drugs
    albe7877 is offline New Member

Default interactions from drugs

I am taking the following drugs due to a spinal cord injury, I have browns sequard, please tell me if there are any adverse reactions toi the mixture of meds that I am taking, I am swelling very badly. Here they are: fentanyl, tramadol, baclofen, famotidine, gabapentin, mirtazapine, olanapine(after I started to take this on I started to swell very badly) Someone please help me. Thanks

beam is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by albe7877

I am taking the following drugs due to a spinal cord injury, I have browns sequard, please tell me if there are any adverse reactions toi the mixture of meds that I am taking, I am swelling very badly. Here they are: fentanyl, tramadol, baclofen, famotidine, gabapentin, mirtazapine, olanapine(after I started to take this on I started to swell very badly) Someone please help me. Thanks

With personal experience, I found that fentanyl can cause extreme and painful swelling in the legs and feet -especially if is fentanyl citrate, the lozenge-on-a-stick formulation.
    As with the other meds, i vaguely recall one or two of them that don't really help.
    If you haven't been to the ER already,
    you will (probably) be told to keep your legs elevated.
    If you have had no other response regarding this problem, CALL THE DOC
    RIGHT AWAY. Prolonged swelling is bad for all of your organs. Good Luck!

~beam~

psisci is offline Junior Member

It is the olanzapine most likely. If you are not a psych patient then there is no need for this med. It has alot of side-effects, and is not helpful for spinal-cord injury in any way.

Dr.S.