kentucky
    crazy.neighbor is offline New Member

Question kentucky

I have 3 prescriptions from a pain clinic in Ohio. I am right across the river in Ky. No one will fill them here, and I have tried internet pharmacys. The problem evidentally is shipping to this state. What is going on? Anyone know how or where I might be able to fill these. I have been on them a while and fear withdrawal. Any answers are appreciated.

Nonyuh is offline New Member

What are the rx's for? I don't know about Kentucky law but in California it is illegal to take a schedule II (e.g. Methadone, Oxycontin, Percocet) from out of state doctors. It might be the same in your state.

rph480 is offline New Member

Default Re: KY Controlled Substance Laws

If you're going to a pain clinic, I have to assume the Rxs you're taking are Schedule II controlled substances (i.e. Percocet, MS Contin, Oxycontin, Dilaudid, Duragesic, etc.) If this is the case, your easiest course of action would be to get these drugs filled at a pharmacy in Ohio - the closer to your pain clinic, the better. (The more familiar a pharmacist is with a doctor's Rxs, the less hassle you're likely to encounter.)

From what I can see after viewing Kentucky's Board of Pharmacy website, it appears that the problem you're having stems from a Kentucky law which requires controlled substance Rxs to have certain anti-fraud features on the blanks. If your Rxs from OH lack these features, then that's probably why they are not valid to fill in KY.

Hope this helps...