My parents cant afford the meds we need
    worriedkid is offline New Member

Default My parents cant afford the meds we need

I am on geodon for being manic depressive, my younger sister is on concerta for adhd, my dad is on metformin, gabapentin and oxycontin for his diabetes and pain management my mom is on cymbalta, trileptal for bipolar disorder and requip for RLS, only 1 of us has insurance, alone my dads meds are almost $400/per month. my mom is disabled and has lupus she cant work. he needs his meds to survive but we dont make enough money to get everyone's meds. is there a program or an assistance group to help us out? we just need a little help until we can get back on our feet, but in order to do that my dad cant be in pain, so any advice/tips about any medical assistance programs would be very very appreciated... thanks

Maxpower is offline Member

There is help out there...I know it, but where to look I dont know.

Jen22w is offline New Member

First, have mom or dad see if your family is eligible for state assistance. Most, if not all, states provide health insurance on an income based scale.
    If you are not eligible, Your family can contact the individual Drug Companies.
    They all have assistance programs which you will probably qualify for. Call your local pharmacy. They can tell you the Mfg. of each drug, and can most likely get you contact info.
    Try the state route first. If you need further assistance with individual Drug manufacturers please contact me via email. I can look them up for you.
    Good Luck.

Rational Prescriber is offline New Member

Thumbs up Try this

You might look at [deleted] I've had good luck with finding alternatives to expensive meds. Geodon doesn't have a cheap option, but you'd be surprised how many other drugs have $4 generics.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-05-2011 at 11:41 PM.

worriedkid is offline New Member

Default thank you all so much for your help..

i was getting worried i didnt know what to do so i really appreciate all of your help...Thanks again...