Need help with withdrawls
    Chery0516 is offline New Member

Default Need help with withdrawls

I just got out of rehab on Jan 14 and have been doing everything my dr has been telling me. I was on klonopin to ween off the xanax and suboxone to ween off the pain pills and I still feel like >>>>. I go back to him on the 24th but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help me feel better in the mean time, Thanks, Cheryl

PrincessKimmy is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by Chery0516

I just got out of rehab on Jan 14 and have been doing everything my dr has been telling me. I was on klonopin to ween off the xanax and suboxone to ween off the pain pills and I still feel like >>>>. I go back to him on the 24th but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help me feel better in the mean time, Thanks, Cheryl
    Did you only go to rehab and not detox as well?

I checked myself into the hospital to detox off hydro and xanax. That was mid-October. I was using xanax to get off hydro and vice versa and my plan backfired and soon enough I was addicted to the xanax just as badly. My hydro habit was atrocious at about 400 mg of hydro daily.

The hospital detoxed me by using Buprenex (buprenorphine) 0.3 mg IV every four hours and Phenobarbital IV every four hours. The IV detox lasted three days. After pulling the IV, the phenobarbital went to tabs and was on a tapering off schedule.

I stayed at that hospital for a total of 12 days and stuck it out for a bit with their rehab program. I KNEW this time was IT. I wanted OFF these drugs for good!!! Well, 26 days later, I had a brilliant idea...NOT! I had one refill outstanding yet with an ROP. I got it filled and wanted to know if my tolerance had gone down at all since I had 26 days clean time. Now, how stupid can I be?? That little relapse brought me through another few weeks of addiction until one morning I caught myself and just hated myself, what I was doing.

I got on the phone and called up a Sub doc and an outpatient AODA counselor. I began Suboxone. It has saved my life. I wish they had put me on Suboxone back in October in the hospital. Oh well....

Today, I have almost 100 days clean now thanks to Suboxone and life is so much better!!!

You can ask me anything as i've been there, done that! [:I] ]

PrincessKimmy

***reach for the moon for if you miss, you will land among the **stars**