Need an honest opinion...
    TXJoe is offline New Member

Default Need an honest opinion...

Who, out there in the medical profession, can give me an honest opinion of this medication regimen. I don't have all the dosages listed and probably should obtain them, but just for starters let's look at a patient who is diabetic, suffers from high blood pressure and since being on blood pressure medication began suffering from sever insomnia which (I believe) led to the onset of anxiety and panic attacks. Presently the person is taking the following...

(for the record I already anticipate anyone in the medical profession to be reluctant to respond or extremely vague in any opinions of the following combination of medications)

Diabetes Med:
    Metformin 1000mg
    Glimepiride 4mg
    Levemir 80 units

Blood Pressure Med:
    Atenolol 100mg
    Enalapril 20mg
    Hydrochlorot 25mg
    Amlodipine 5mg
    Doxazosin 1mg
    Spironolactone (diuretic) 25mg

Heart Rhythm:
    Flecainide 25mg

Cholesterol Med:
    Lovastatin 40mg

SSRI (depression, anxiety):
    Parxotine 20mg

Antipsychotic:
    Zyprexa 5mg (to aid in sleep)

Sleep Med:
    Ambien
    Temazepam 30mg
    Tylenol pm

Stomach acid:
    Omeprazole 20mg
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-16-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

TXJoe .... you're right that a dr can't go on a web site like this and tell someone if they should or shouldn't take these meds together. I can make this suggestion for you though as this is what I would do if I had the concern you have.

Go to the top of this page just under the "search" box. You'll see where it says "interactions checker." Just click on there and you can list all the drugs and it will give you all the different potential interactions with these medications.

You should keep an ongoing record for this patient on the Med Notes section of this web site. Then if there are any changes made in the med regimens you simply adjust the notes and you'll automatically know if there are any concerns. Hope that helps you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.