Oxycontin/Oxycodone Drug test question?
    tac1971 is offline New Member

Unhappy Oxycontin/Oxycodone Drug test question?

I am currently in the suboxone program to get off my doctor prescribed painkiller addiction. I slipped when I ran out of suboxone and took some percosets and some oxycontin. I have a valid prescription for percosets. My question is: When I take my drug test will it show up as oxycontin or oxycodone or both? The test was ordered by the doctor who prescribes the suboxone. He knows I have a recent prescription for oxycodone due to back injuries. How sure is your answer as well?

detoxguy is offline New Member

Tac1971, Howdy, |Yep, it will show up under opiates The derivitives of the oxys will show up ina test, depending on who or what lab they send their samples to, regardless, it will show up, pretty darn sure,good luck !

zfennel is offline New Member

Yes Oxycodone will show up in your urine analysis...Oxycodone is Oxycontin,Percocet,and Percodan,etc.
    Oxycodone will usually stay in your urine for about 3-4days,so if you just started the suboxone and your doc knows you had oxycodone in your urine then you should be okay,but if its been longer than 4 days since youve been on suboxone then your doc will expect you to be oxycodone free,thats more than likey why he wants you on suboxone to stop the narcotic use...Good Luck buddy,o yeah and by the way,buprenorphine almost 9 times out of 10 will block all opiates from attaching to the opiopd receptors in your body therefore not allowing you to even feel the effects of narcotics while on the suboxone or subutex(buprenorphine).
    Have A Great Narcotic Free Night!!!