Pharmacy problem
    Indianna1 is offline New Member

Default Pharmacy problem

Im writting on behalf of my mother, something happened today that upset me extremely, about a month ago, my mother got her prescription re-filled, she takes about 10 different pills for different ailments, she is 75 years old and is diabetic, she noticed a couple persciptions weren't there so she called me and asked me to call the hospitals pharmacy to check up on it, I did, they told me the only script which wasn't there was zoloft, so we figured perhaps the doctors changed/reduced some of her meds. I am not an expert on medications, nor is she. ok now a month later, she gets her refills and askes about her medication regimen, she says she hasn't been feeling well and feels there is something wrong. The pharmacy tells her they made a mistake and found the missing scripts in thier computer from a month ago. It was her diabetic medications that she hasn't been taking for the last month, those were the ones they lost, My mother could have lapsed into a diabetic coma, could have lost her life and that angers me till no end, I realize I cannot sue as she has no actually damages and a person cant sue based on what could have happened, but I am just so angry and was wondering if there is any kind of recourse, who do I complain to?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

pharmd06 is offline Member

call the pharmacy. ask for the manager. tell them you would like to know how this mistake occured. if they give you a bunch of BS ask if they will investigate the problem. remember, you can always switch pharmacies.

Rscprincess1 is offline Member

ok im no expert on this one but you know they have the board of medicine that all doctors have to answer to?? Well isnt there something like that for pharmacists seeing how they have to be licensed by your state to work there?????? If you can find something like that you could always make a complaint.

I Do not Guarentee Any Information Provided But I Will Be As Accurate As I Can.