PLAVIX/DIPYRIDAMOLE
    JEANH is offline New Member

Default PLAVIX/DIPYRIDAMOLE

MY HUSBAND GETS HIS MEDICINE FROM THE V.A. HE HAS BEEN TAKING PLAVIX 75 MG. AND ONE ASPIRIN 325 MG. DAILY. HE SUFFERED A STROKE 3 YEARS AGO. TODAY HE HAD HIS VISIT WITH V. A. AND THEY TOLD US THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER PROVIDE HIM THE PLAVIX, BUT CAN GIVE HIM A PERSCRIPTION FOR A DRUG CALLED DIPYRIDAMOLE 200 MG. DAILY ALONG WITH THE ASPIRIN. I WOULD LIKE SOME OPINION ON THIS. WILL THIS THERAPY BE THE SAME AS TAKING THE PLAVIX.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

We currently haven't had a pharmacist visit this board in a long time, this board is very slow and not always visible to all forum members, you might want to repost your question to the "Featured Drugs" forum here for better results.

Curiosity skilled the cat

michelle1016 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by JEANH

MY HUSBAND GETS HIS MEDICINE FROM THE V.A. HE HAS BEEN TAKING PLAVIX 75 MG. AND ONE ASPIRIN 325 MG. DAILY. HE SUFFERED A STROKE 3 YEARS AGO. TODAY HE HAD HIS VISIT WITH V. A. AND THEY TOLD US THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER PROVIDE HIM THE PLAVIX, BUT CAN GIVE HIM A PERSCRIPTION FOR A DRUG CALLED DIPYRIDAMOLE 200 MG. DAILY ALONG WITH THE ASPIRIN. I WOULD LIKE SOME OPINION ON THIS. WILL THIS THERAPY BE THE SAME AS TAKING THE PLAVIX.

Wendy Kari

michelle1016 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by JEANH

I just graduated from the Medical Assistant Program. I got my Nurse's drug book out to reply to your question. It describes both drugs the same. Classification for both drugs is blood formers, coagulators, and anticoagulants; antiplatelet agent. So I'm sure that it would be the same therapy.

cdaus is offline Junior Member

You might also want to check the drug name Aggrenox. I believe it's a combo pretty much like the VA is recommending.