please help - forged script at wal-mart
    clippedwings is offline New Member

Default please help - forged script at wal-mart

I am soooo retarded. I don't know why I did this but please help me.
    In February I was written a legit rx for vicodin, klonopin, and phentermine. (car accident a few years back, and then for weight loss)

I turned in the original rx to a local pharm - kroger, and altered the rx and submitted to wal-mart mail order pharmacy and it worked fine.

Yesterday, I resubmitted the vic and klonopin altered rx's to wal-mart mail order. they said they could not fill the the phentermine but i would have to do it in person because they weren't allowed to send out in the mail, etc. etc.

so i took my altered rx and turned it into my local, busy wal-mart. i thought this would be "smart" aka dumb. it was just one script for a 3 refills of phentermine. well i just got a call about 30 minutes after i got back to work from wal-mart, she said "is this amy?" i said, yes? she said, oh sorry, i was trying to call your doctor. i said "ok," and we hung up.

i also altered the number of the doctor's number on the script (all of them). now what? i am not going to go try and get the script at wal mart now that they are trying to verify it. also, will they catch on to the mail order ones i just did (although this morning wal mart mail order told me my stuff would be in the mail.

i have no previous criminal activity (i can't believe i'm writing this) and am in graduate school and live in texas.

what should i do, and what can i expect, since this wal-mart pharmacist called me when she was "trying" to call my doctor, whom i haven't seen since Feb? i'm afraid to tell my partner too, she willl think i'm insane.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-21-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: update location

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

I surely wouldn't try that one again. Pray that you get some mercy and no one comes knocking on your door. I'm serious what you've done is a felony. It isn't a minor deal. It's serious and it pisses off the courts when you obtain controlled substances like that.

I'm not going to say that you'll go to prison. But if you really think they'll call your dr you may want to call him yourself and try to cut this off at the pass. If they get you then you're most likely looking at probation for a felony unless you drop a bunch of money on an attorney.

Let us know what happens. I'm not trying to scare you but this was a really dumb thing to do. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-21-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I surely wouldn't try that one again. Pray that you get some mercy and no one comes knocking on your door. I'm serious what you've done is a felony. It isn't a minor deal. It's serious and it pisses off the courts when you obtain controlled substances like that.

I'm not going to say that you'll go to prison. But if you really think they'll call your dr you may want to call him yourself and try to cut this off at the pass. If they get you then you're most likely looking at probation for a felony unless you drop a bunch of money on an attorney.

Let us know what happens. I'm not trying to scare you but this was a really dumb thing to do. Good luck and God bless.
    Thanks...I haven't talked to the doctor since February of this year. I am really afraid to call. I don't know why the pharm or tech would have called my number. Is there a way to know that "they" are after me? I can't believe I did this.

There is no way to know for sure. You could call the police and ask them if there was an existing warrant. But this would be an indictment. It's not the same.

I doubt anyone will come to your door. If you're as squeaky-clean as you describe you won't go to jail. But it will piss them off. If you are charged, get probation and mess up again you would be history.

Concentrate on doing the next right thing like getting clean NOW. That would be the best thing to do and would look the best for you too. You may even live a little longer as an added bonus. God bless.

Yes, I am a very smart 27 year old professional, except in this ridiculous incident. No criminal record, only two speeding tickets since I was 17. I am 1/3 through my master's degree and this could royally mess up my financial aid and scholarship.

I wasn't necessarily abusing - 3 refills for the above drugs listed above were refilled over the course of 6 months. (That's about 90 pills for the above medications distributed over a period of time I wouldn't call abusing..) Just my stupid decision to alter the script. My employer upped the premium for insurance at our job around March/April and I had no choice but to opt to a lower quality insurance which unfortunately has a VERY limited number network providers/doctors OR that don't accept new patients. SRM Reliance, ever heard of it? I hadn't either but the insurance salesman sure sold me on it.

...Or stick it out with Humana for about $189 a month. I thought it would be easier to just try and forge the rx myself instead of going to a Fasttrack or ER to see a doctor. But now I know waiting in the ER for 4-8 hours is a lot better than sitting in jail and jeopardizing my entire professional life and life in general.

The doctor, nor has Wal-mart called me back. I plan to never step foot in there again. I have heard stories where the pharmacists would say "sure it will be just a moment, come back in 20 minutes" then people show up and the police are there.

Thanks Robert, I'll keep my butt straight from now on and please pray for me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-22-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Default help!!!!

ahhh please help me...

The wal-mart mail order people are now calling me twice this morning saying they keep getting a busy signal from my doctor (the doctor number is not the right one) and they are unable to verify the script. I wrote and email saying that I have no idea what was going on, I was going to try and go by their office this afternoon. I am getting so scared, please please please what do you think they will do if they cannot reach the doctor??

Call the pharmacy back at walmart and tell them that you are going to go see the dr yourself. Tell them not to worry about it that you'll get it handled when you see that dr.

Say that you need to get a change made to the script anyway or say something to that effect so that they will understand why you need to see the dr yourself.

If you tell them you're going to see the dr yourself and will personally take care of it they shouldn't take it any farther unless they already have you figured out by some chance.

Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers. Just don't ever do this again. God bless.