is it possible to get a bad batch of meds?
    leana is offline Member

Default is it possible to get a bad batch of meds?

i get the same prescription every month,the watson brand percocet 10/325. this time they seem to be different. they look exactly the same, but they dont do anything at all? usually i take only 3/4 of it, then the other 1/4 in an hour or 2 if i need it. but this time i took 3/4, like i usually do, but didnt feel nothing at all, so i took the other 1/4, and still nothing? i usually get pain relief within 20 minutes,and i can feel it working in my head? is there any way its a bad batch, or at the least a very weak batch? i dont know what to do? i dont want to call the pharmacy and complain, only to find out it may be the some of the same batch i had last month. any advice??

leana is offline Member

Default no replies??

i must be the only one who ever got a bad batch of meds apparantly?

Pain Hater is offline Member

The only thing I personally know of that could causea "bad batch" is if the meds are expired. Medicines lose their potency over time, and therefore become less effective.

cdaus is offline Junior Member

I would guess it's possible especially if you order from outside the USA.

leana is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdaus View Post
    I would guess it's possible especially if you order from outside the USA.
    this is my local pharmacy, not what your talking about!

mommy3 is offline Member

even though its a local pharmacy, there is an overwhelming amount of need for the meds so local pharmacies order out of the US to keep up with the demands of the citizens needs... and yes, oversea meds or out of country meds can be tainted..

leana is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mommy3 View Post
    even though its a local pharmacy, there is an overwhelming amount of need for the meds so local pharmacies order out of the US to keep up with the demands of the citizens needs... and yes, oversea meds or out of country meds can be tainted..
    wow,now thats intesting,and a very scary thought!so knowing that, what do they expect a person to do if that happens? go tell them about it, or assume they already know something and change pharmacies?when your in need of taking meds everyday for managment, you cant just take meds that wont work.

zfennel is offline New Member

if you have been taking this analgesic for a period of time now you might be developing a tolerance...try taking the whole pill as prescribed