Question about Oxycodone refills.
    ViktorNY13 is offline New Member

Question Question about Oxycodone refills.

Hello all I have question about my Oxycodone refill at my pharmacy and would like to know if someone might know the answer. I have a regular script for 15 mg Oxycodone 180 count six times a day for my Spina Bifida and this script was filled on the 15th of last month. I had a bad case of the shingles 2 weeks ago and my Doctor gave me another script for 20 mg Oxycodone which was for 2 weeks and the pharmacy filled it no problem. My question is will they fill my normal script on time of the 15th of this month or will they say no and make me wait longer because of the second 20mg script.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz2bWGjpcud

Robin511 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ViktorNY13 View Post
    Hello all I have question about my Oxycodone refill at my pharmacy and would like to know if someone might know the answer. I have a regular script for 15 mg Oxycodone 180 count six times a day for my Spina Bifida and this script was filled on the 15th of last month. I had a bad case of the shingles 2 weeks ago and my Doctor gave me another script for 20 mg Oxycodone which was for 2 weeks and the pharmacy filled it no problem. My question is will they fill my normal script on time of the 15th of this month or will they say no and make me wait longer because of the second 20mg script.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz2bWGjpcud
    It all depends on the pharmacies shipping policy. You could talk to thier customer care department and get doubts clarified.I usually purchase asthma & diabetes medicines for my parents from planetdrugsdirect . com and they ship refilled drugs together with no delay.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi Viktor,

I'd give your pharmacist a call and get an answer. I'm from MA and know that the pharmacist(s), your doctor, and/or your insurance carrier can deny an early refill and that is probably what they will consider this to be because you were dispensed an additional 2 wk supply of the same drug just a higher dose. I am guessing that there were two different physicians who each prescribed. Here in MA, my pharmacist would call the doctor who gave you the script with refills to let him/her know that you had two different scripts this past month to find out if he/she is OK with a refill on your due day. The answer just might be "no". Even if the same doctor gave you both scripts, he may question why you used your entire regular script even after you were given a stronger dose that should have taken care of things for two weeks, extending the monthly supply of the 15's you normally get. Does this make sense?

If there were two doctors, again here in MA, everything is computerized so that every doctor's office,every hospital, and every pharmacy can see what kind of prescriptions you've had filled, when they were filled, and the name of the individual who prescribed. The insurance companies here have a stead-fast rule not to refill any script, especially a narcotic, no earlier than 3 days prior to the date it's due to be refilled. I recently asked to have a refill for a maintenance script I've had for years for blood pressure about a week ahead of its due date to prepare for a two week vacation and was denied. My pharmacist told me to just go to any pharmacy while I was out of state and they could fill it when due after giving them a call for a one-time refill. That's what I did and it was easy enough BUT it wasn't a duplicate script and wasn't a narcotic.

Peace,

Cat