Question about side affects
    marty722 is offline New Member

Default Question about side affects

I need help on a question. My story in short. Majory back issues. Went to detox from ms contin and methadone with Suboxone at the end as it was causing family problems and I hated being on meds. I was on them for 3 years. MS contin for 2 and methadone for 1. After detox My pain was so hard to deal with in the legs that I started to take the ms contin again and I can see what the issues are. MS contin has made me paranoid and withdrawn from people. So my question is: I have not tried anything else other then ms contin and methadone, Is there another pain med that will help me that will not have these side effects? I hate to feel this way and I have to get back to work. I'm 47 and have a family to support and right now I have to take meds to survive and work. Any help on this would be great. Thank you.

circa9870 is offline Junior Member

Everyone reacts differently to different meds. All opioids have similarities however they have differences. The only real way for you to find out to try them. You havent yet to try Fentanyl, Oxycontin, or Opana which are all long acting pain meds. Fentanyl for one is very different from morphine structurally, it is completely synthetic, whereas morphine is natural. The only way to know is to try different meds and see how they effect you and if you can live with the side effects. That is the whole point of taking pain meds, you are trading pain relief for the side effects of the meds and being dependent of them. There are other meds that I did not mention and there could be other long acting ones as well, ask your doctor about it and see what he says.

I hope that you find so relief so that you can get on with your life and put your pain behind you (as much as that is possible).

Good luck to you and to everyone,
    Circa

drugs1234567 is offline New Member

Side effects are the problems that occur when treatment goes beyond the desired effect.

Or the side effects can also be defined as problems that occur in addition to the desired therapeutic effect.