questions
    debbieb52 is offline New Member

Default questions

I'm a long term pain patient. I take oxycotin 80mg x2 a day and loratab 10 for break thur pain.
    I'm trying to make a long story short. From time to time I have to go in for a pop drug test. Never a problem for me, but this time my sample came back with codine in it !
    Not a problem for my pain dr., but the workmen's comp ins. is making a big deal out of it. I don't know if they have a legal leg to stand on. I also know they would love to get out of the lifetime medical commitment they have to me.
    I have no idea how codine could have gotten into my system. I had an infection around the same time. Was given a shot of something I can't remember what.(I am checking on that.) I was given the meds clarithromycin 500 and an inhaler ProAir.
    This is the first time in over 10 years I've had a drug test come back abnormal.
    Thanks for any info or advice anyone has.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by debbieb52 View Post
    I'm a long term pain patient. I take oxycotin 80mg x2 a day and loratab 10 for break thur pain.
    I'm trying to make a long story short. From time to time I have to go in for a pop drug test. Never a problem for me, but this time my sample came back with codine in it !
    Not a problem for my pain dr., but the workmen's comp ins. is making a big deal out of it. I don't know if they have a legal leg to stand on. I also know they would love to get out of the lifetime medical commitment they have to me.
    I have no idea how codine could have gotten into my system. I had an infection around the same time. Was given a shot of something I can't remember what.(I am checking on that.) I was given the meds clarithromycin 500 and an inhaler ProAir.
    This is the first time in over 10 years I've had a drug test come back abnormal.
    Thanks for any info or advice anyone has.
    Debbie
    Hi! First of all if you legitimately need that medication for pain then I would not think they legally could do much if you have your doctor back you up with a letter or conversation with them. Secondly, I am really confused how you have not had codeine show up for over 10 years in drug tests if you take codeine products (oxycontin, lortab) everyday. I would love to help, but just really confused.
    ---I answer questions to the best of my ability, but with always limited knowledge of the patient's situation and no ability to see your chart or full medical history my advice is limited and should also be confirmed with your own doctor/pharmacist/etc. Also, I do not promote following my advice without proper approval from your doctor either--

Dr. B

EricaMarie is offline Member

Sorry to jump in on this thread but for some reason i cannot figure out how to post a new thread. Sad i know, lol. Had my roomate look as well but we're unsuccessful. My question is what is the length of time benzo's remain in your system. I go to a methadone clinic and take monthly screens. Once a month i'll take usually a xanax or xanbar the day that i completed my screen. Last month i took 2 valium. 26 days later when i tested, i came back positive!! I couldn't believe it. I work out, drink tons of water, and have never failed any screens before. Is it maybe since it was valium as opposed to the xanax? I'm lost. Also worried since last friday i had 2 valiums and in a month I'll be due for another screen. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Erica, on the bottom of the page its says forum jump. Go to Need to Talk, for example or wherever you want to start your thread, then on top it says start new thread.... A short answer to you question. I was about to say the program is full of it, faulty test. However I look it up on Erowid.org and to my surprise it said benzos, urine test, between 1-42 days!!! You'd have to do more research as to why the big spread.

Thank you so much for your time to answer! Wow, that long. Damn. I will go to that site you listed. Thank you so much again!!

Anonymous Guest

erica when i was on the methadone program i got busted with a dirty with benzos in it, 3 WEEKS AFTER i had them.
    i thought i would be clean, but i wasnt. had to go back on dailies till i did a clean one. which next one after that it was.
    that was diazepam. fyi.
    good luck
    cheeky

cheeky, lmao! I'm feeling your pain on that one. I failed 27 days after!! Almost an entire month!! And you said it, it was diazepam. (valium) I've heard it has the longest half life out of all of the benzo's. Fortunately for me we are allowed to fail one test with a given "warning". Up to 42 days they stay in damn them. I was like you, I figured I was absolutely clean; i wasn't even worried. When I ran across this thread and read your post, I couldn't help but to respond. Damn those diazepams!!!

Phillipz is offline New Member

Default another test question

First, future pharm d guy. I would have said to the the first post that if you take a note in showing you are supposed to take oxy or hydro and you show them your rx and show your dosage and strength they would know how much of the drug you should have in your body. Just like people, all test are different. Also to pharm d guy, codiene and oxy have some of the same molecules but are not the same drug. depending on the level of the test it should be able to tell.

If you know anyone who works at a test place they will tell you it can take 1 to 3 months for evey bit of a substance to get out of your body. Also if your in a murder trial they can test alot farther back and more accurately than just the test you pick up at safeway. some test look for 10 pieces per part and somel look for 50 pieces per part and some look for 0.001 pieces per part. Do not try and beat a test. If you are a chemist and know exactly what test a place is using then maybe you could figure out how to beat a test with 100 percent confidence. everyone else..is rolling the dice with their freedom or career or what ever the reason you have to take a test is.

show documentation of all legal drugs you do to your test place and you should be ok. All kinds of health care workers take legal drugs and take test for drugs they should not have in their system. Some how we all keep our jobs. if your doing something you shouldnt be then youll probably get results you dont want. simple really.
    good luck.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

There is another thing that I firmly believe when it comes to methadone clinics. Some of the results are pure BS. They look at history, throw the urine away, and make an educated guess. How can you prove differently? When I was on methadone I got a dirty urine for speed, a drug I wouldn't have done if it given to me for free. Another time for something I know I didn't do but there is no room for argument. Luckily, we had a 3 strike rule so I was okay. I just have this firm belief that when it comes to urine testing, its not all kosher.. Having said that, that web site definitely says the spread is huge, from just a couple of days to over a month so you gotta be careful,