Suboxone - Proper Dose
    bem9127 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone - Proper Dose

I have a prescription for Oxycontin 40mg tablets six times per day. I was prescribed this medication due to several back issues including 5 protruding disks into the spinal canal. I have been taking this dose for about a year. I do not abuse the prescription - I take as prescribed. It alleviates the pain but is causing me to be very tired during the day (it did not at first) and is starting to impact my work ethic and mental clarity to which I heavily rely on in the type of work I perform.

The problem is I need to get off the medication and have failed after multiple attempts the withdrawal symptoms are too great at this high of dose.

The medication is starting to make me very tired during the day and affecting my short term memory and job performance so I'm looking to Suboxone as my alternative.

Before I bring this up to my doctor I wanted to obtain a consensus on what the proper dosage is for someone taking 40mg x 6 per day. Bodyweight is 221 lbs. Not sure what other information you need.

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated before I go down this path. Also, what kind of pain levels can I expect or will the Suboxone help with the pain?

Will Suboxone cause the same tiredness? Or, will I actually feel someone normal again?

Thank you in advance for you answers.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Check out the following link. You should be able to stabilize at about 6mg or so of suboxone. The link explains the entire process from induction through the taper down. Good luck and God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Thank you for the link

Thank you for the article reference. I read the article and there are a few things I don’t understand and I’m hoping you can help me understand.
    During the induction period it states “We suggest using 2mg dosing increments dispensed at least one hour apart.” There is no guideline given as to how long or when to stop?
    Is this a one day thing?

My assumption is you do this the first day up to 12 mg? Hence, 2mg every hour for 6 hours.
    Or, is this what you do every single day?

What is the normal dosage routine after induction period? 2 mg in morning, 2 mg at night?
    Sorry, I’m just not getting the routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Check out the following link. You should be able to stabilize at about 6mg or so of suboxone. The link explains the entire process from induction through the taper down. Good luck and God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    I guess where I'm confused is going from induction to normal schedule. I would like to start on the lowest dose possible - say 2 mg. It sounds like you take 2 mg every hour until you reach 12 on the first day? Is induction phase 1 day?

Next, you would take 2 mg once or twice a day after that?

Then maybe take 2 mg once per day?

Then once every other day?

Then every 3rd day?

Then zero?

How does this sound?